FEATURED Morning Pops!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning Pops and all the good people in your thread. Anyone who doesn't post here isn't worth mentioning!

Saturday morning, and while it's a bit chilly at 35 degrees, it could be much worse in New England in mid-February. Hope y'all have a splendid day!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good morning Pops and all youse guys. Woke up this morning longing for Saturday mornings when I was first allowed to get up, get my own bowl of cereal and sit down for some cartoons and try not to wake my parents singing "Overture, curtain lights this is it, night of nights....." I was the king, ruler of my domain until THEY awakened with their own set of rules.

I am also foggy as your ole CC went a little overboard last night. My PA bud, Mike, who lost his wife this last November called and was struggling with the grief. He thought he should be further along and I shared with him I was stuck in the same place for over a year, unable to even make a decision about the house we'd shared for the last 15 years. He has not taken my advice and I was a little more forceful this time that he take advantage of the grief counseling offered by the hospice people. I did not do that and it is one of my biggest regrets about this entire 8 years, it is not weak to lean on others for strength, that's what we're all supposed to be here for and I didn't and became too comfortable living within myself and being alone.

Anyway, I finished off 2/3 of a bottle of vodka in those 3 hours and even cried with him over my own loss. Somehow, that seemed to comfort him. I also explained that this Valentine's Day was his first and it is really hard to avoid all the ads and hype about it. He owns an ad agency so he's more than aware of that.

So, and I informed him of this, I will no longer be passive about this, I am going to be a nag because he agreed to do this the last time we were going through this same discussion and timing is important. I missed it but I am not going to allow him to do that, if I can help it. And he has a problem, as I also told him, I am retired man without many hobbies, his grief counseling will be my new hobby.

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
Good morning Pops and all youse guys. Woke up this morning longing for Saturday mornings when I was first allowed to get up, get my own bowl of cereal and sit down for some cartoons and try not to wake my parents singing "Overture, curtain lights this is it, night of nights....." I was the king, ruler of my domain until THEY awakened with their own set of rules.

I am also foggy as your ole CC went a little overboard last night. My PA bud, Mike, who lost his wife this last November called and was struggling with the grief. He thought he should be further along and I shared with him I was stuck in the same place for over a year, unable to even make a decision about the house we'd shared for the last 15 years. He has not taken my advice and I was a little more forceful this time that he take advantage of the grief counseling offered by the hospice people. I did not do that and it is one of my biggest regrets about this entire 8 years, it is not weak to lean on others for strength, that's what we're all supposed to be here for and I didn't and became too comfortable living within myself and being alone.

Anyway, I finished off 2/3 of a bottle of vodka in those 3 hours and even cried with him over my own loss. Somehow, that seemed to comfort him. I also explained that this Valentine's Day was his first and it is really hard to avoid all the ads and hype about it. He owns an ad agency so he's more than aware of that.

So, and I informed him of this, I will no longer be passive about this, I am going to be a nag because he agreed to do this the last time we were going through this same discussion and timing is important. I missed it but I am not going to allow him to do that, if I can help it. And he has a problem, as I also told him, I am retired man without many hobbies, his grief counseling will be my new hobby.

Good morning Pops and friends.

Words of wisdom CC. You’re a good friend.

Xelda

Reaction score
Carpe diem the weekend Pops and friends. Carpe 2 aspirin as needed Coach and we're awful proud of you for helping your friend at great cost to your Saturday morning.
dog-balls-mouth-funny.jpg

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Damn, you're a good friend, CC. I hope he heeds your advice this time, and if he doesn't, give him this web address, and we'll gang up on him until he does!

GrammaJan

Reaction score

We nag because we care, not just to nag. I, too, did not take advantage of the grief counseling offered through hospice, and like anyone else, occasionally have a down day, as I've expressed. I did, however, have a way to channel what I was feeling and had experienced into helping someone else. My mom had lost her husband (my stepdad) the November before I lost my fiancee in March. We've gone through a good part of the healing process together, although as I'm progressing and learning through the process, she has become stuck and gone into "cat lady" mode. Growing from the emotional trauma is a major adjustment that requires support from those around you, especially those with real understanding. I was fortunate to have a support structure of family I could lean on and co-workers who had unfortunately lost their spouses that have provided me wth guidance.

Your understanding of his situation is most definitely a blessing for you both and your guidance and conversation is priceless for him. Never doubt that. We all have weak moments and need someone to lean on. It's a special hobby you have CC. Bless you for stepping up for your friend, even in your own pain.:rolleyes:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops and fellow church skippers. I don't know about you but when the preacher gets to going on decadence, debauchery and general degeneracy and keeps looking over at me and I feel the other heads turning to look my way, I do feel a sense of pride so I should go more. I hope he has a substitute example when I am not there.

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
Morning Pops and fellow church skippers. I don't know about you but when the preacher gets to going on decadence, debauchery and general degeneracy and keeps looking over at me and I feel the other heads turning to look my way, I do feel a sense of pride so I should go more. I hope he has a substitute example when I am not there.

Morning Pops and friends.
Truth be told...every church goer believes the pastor is talking about them one time or another :muttley:

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
Yeah but do all the others get called up front to stand by the preacher and play the part of "wretched soul"?

Maybe the preacher was talking about himself hoping to become like CC someday..

...by the way being a wretch, a person would be in the company of John Newton, he turned out ok..;)

Xelda

Reaction score
Afternoon Pops and friends. Had a rough night last night. As God is my witness, I will never feed my farting Yorkie pork skins again! I gave up trying to hide under the covers and staggered around the house looking for something to hose the air with. This morning I wasn't sure if I should celebrate surviving or roll over and try to catch up on all the Z's I missed. My body got up but it took an hour and a half for my brain to kick in. Yep, life in the fast lane.
Yeah but do all the others get called up front to stand by the preacher and play the part of "wretched soul"?
Only his favorites or the most convincing. I'm afraid you may fall in the latter category. Think of all the souls that have been scared straight by your example though! Come to think of it, you should charge for your services.

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
Afternoon Pops and friends. Had a rough night last night. As God is my witness, I will never feed my farting Yorkie pork skins again! I gave up trying to hide under the covers and staggered around the house looking for something to hose the air with. This morning I wasn't sure if I should celebrate surviving or roll over and try to catch up on all the Z's I missed. My body got up but it took an hour and a half for my brain to kick in. Yep, life in the fast lane.

Only his favorites or the most convincing. I'm afraid you may fall in the latter category. Think of all the souls that have been scared straight by your example though! Come to think of it, you should charge for your services.

:laugh:

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops, pen pals and peanut gallery. Happy Birthday to the Presidents; none of which were actually born on this day in history. I hope everyone's week gets off to a good start and you find a reason to laugh out loud today.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to anybody who stops in today and reads the thread.

How was everybody's weekend?

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John and Gramma, happy Monday.

To all of those who don't have President's Day off, put on another pot of Coffee and lets power through this!

Have a great day everybody!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to anybody who stops in today and reads the thread.

How was everybody's weekend?

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John and Gramma, happy Monday.

To all of those who don't have President's Day off, put on another pot of Coffee and lets power through this!

Have a great day everybody!
I cannot recall any Presidents' Day when I didn't work. But I am not as pissed about that as this Spring Break and Winter Break concept for schools. I never got that and my teachers could have used the break.

Presidents' Day? Why? There's only been 45 of them, why do they get a day and most are dead as a rotary phone. We've got 53 Cowboys, why don't they get a day?

And what do you give as a present on this day? Wooden teeth? Stovepipe Hat? Cigar? A Pardon?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I cannot recall any Presidents' Day when I didn't work. But I am not as pissed about that as this Spring Break and Winter Break concept for schools. I never got that and my teachers could have used the break.

Presidents' Day? Why? There's only been 45 of them, why do they get a day and most are dead as a rotary phone. We've got 53 Cowboys, why don't they get a day?

And what do you give as a present on this day? Wooden teeth? Stovepipe Hat? Cigar? A Pardon?

The answer to this very important question is probably an increase in Taxes. LOL..........

Personally, I'm more intrigued with the Wooden Teeth!

Xelda

Reaction score
Afternoon Pops and friends. A special howdy do goes out to the peanut gallery. You know who you are. Looks like the Cowboys tree is being kicked and some of our team will be leaving. The fans in the northern section of the forums are brutal!
The answer to this very important question is probably an increase in Taxes. LOL..........

Personally, I'm more intrigued with the Wooden Teeth!
Don't say that out loud! You know they're already thinking it.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Afternoon Pops and friends. A special howdy do goes out to the peanut gallery. You know who you are. Looks like the Cowboys tree is being kicked and some of our team will be leaving. The fans in the northern section of the forums are brutal!

Don't say that out loud! You know they're already thinking it.

LOL...... Listen, I'd just be encouraged that we got some thinking going on. ;)