FEATURED Morning Pops!

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and pen pals. I slept pretty good last night after a few nights of restlessness. Nothing on my agenda today so maybe I'll go to town and play the dirty old man role and wink at a few pretty women. Y'all stay out of trouble now.

tenor.gif

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Morning Pops and my fellow featherless flyers, and those who are content to stay put on terra firma. Heading to the airport in about 2 and a half hours. This will be fun surprising the grands and my daughter. They still don't know I'm showing up :rolleyes:. I think we decided that from the airport we are picking up pizza on the way to my daughter's place. Her beaux (Dustin, who I'm meeting for the first time when he picks me up at the airport) will go in ahead of me to let her know dinner is being delivered and then I'll knock on the door and be the pizza delivery person :D. Can't wait for the grandkids reaction:). Both Dustin and I are probably going to get slugged pretty good for doing this but it will be so worth it!

Leon, if I see someone such as yourself milling around the airport terminals I'll be sure to wink back
:thumbup:.

Everyone have a great day.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good morning Pops and Zoner friends. I am cozied up by the fireplace having a cup of tea, while outside, it is a bone-chilling 3 F. Have to admit, the blanket of snow on the mountains and trees is beautiful.

I taught a scuba class this past weekend - just classroom theory and pool sessions. I can't help but marvel at life's sweet irony: we were geared up in dive equipment in an indoor heated pool and outside was a minor blizzard.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good Morning Pops and Gramma who is at the airport, getting patted down and winking at the cute TSA agent. What an interesting way to meet her daughter's boyfriend, teaming up for a double pizza delivery scam. Pizza! Pizza!

I'll bet the look and reaction of those grandkids will last for quite some time and resonate when needed the most. Have a great trip. And if you are reading this prior to meeting Dustin, when you get settled in the car and are on the move, get real quiet and say "Sooooo, Dustin, have you had sex with my daughter and do we need to order pepperoni and sausage" and make all of the conversation about pizza after that. Very important that you establish who will ask the questions and who will give the answers right off the bat.

Seriously, I don't know anything about Dustin but he's the boyfriend of a woman with children and picking up her Mom at the airport to surprise the grandkids, sounds like he might be a keeper.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Good Morning Pops and Gramma who is at the airport, getting patted down and winking at the cute TSA agent. What an interesting way to meet her daughter's boyfriend, teaming up for a double pizza delivery scam. Pizza! Pizza!

I'll bet the look and reaction of those grandkids will last for quite some time and resonate when needed the most. Have a great trip. And if you are reading this prior to meeting Dustin, when you get settled in the car and are on the move, get real quiet and say "Sooooo, Dustin, have you had sex with my daughter and do we need to order pepperoni and sausage" and make all of the conversation about pizza after that. Very important that you establish who will ask the questions and who will give the answers right off the bat.

Seriously, I don't know anything about Dustin but he's the boyfriend of a woman with children and picking up her Mom at the airport to surprise the grandkids, sounds like he might be a keeper.
Not to mention he paid for my ticket to fly out there... from the sounds of things this is definitely headed for a long-term relationship and so far he's proven to be a pretty decent guy to step in and help where the kid's dad refuses to. Definitely scoring points.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not to mention he paid for my ticket to fly out there... from the sounds of things this is definitely headed for a long-term relationship and so far he's proven to be a pretty decent guy to step in and help where the kid's dad refuses to. Definitely scoring points.
Dang, thought you were getting on a plane. Here I am talking about you and you're eavesdropping, Dustin's got his work cut out for him. Cagey, very cagey, bait the trap and just wait.

Paid for the ticket? He is a keeper! Most of the guys I know will only pay for a one way return ticket for their mother-in-law.

I never got the In laws thing as I had the best any man could have ever asked for, I got a second family. But I have heard some real stories about In laws that will curl your hair.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops, good morning Fellas and good morning to any who decide to stop in and read a few pages of this thread maybe.

Snowed here last night, still snowing in fact. Looks like a good day to stay in and put off for tomorrow, what I was supposed to go out and get done today!

So, I see you all have been up to mischief again.

Only one comment here. Jan, be careful about that winking back stuff. You never know who you might be winking back to, you know what they say, "A wink and a nod and their hot for your bod!" You might end up finding out that you are winking back at old Chester.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John and Gramma, hope all of you are having a great week.

Everybody, stay warm today!

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Morning Pops, good morning Fellas and good morning to any who decide to stop in and read a few pages of this thread maybe.

Snowed here last night, still snowing in fact. Looks like a good day to stay in and put off for tomorrow, what I was supposed to go out and get done today!

So, I see you all have been up to mischief again.

Only one comment here. Jan, be careful about that winking back stuff. You never know who you might be winking back to, you know what they say, "A wink and a nod and their hot for your bod!" You might end up finding out that you are winking back at old Chester.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John and Gramma, hope all of you are having a great week.

Everybody, stay warm today!
I'll keep that in mind

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Dang, thought you were getting on a plane. Here I am talking about you and you're eavesdropping, Dustin's got his work cut out for him. Cagey, very cagey, bait the trap and just wait.

Paid for the ticket? He is a keeper! Most of the guys I know will only pay for a one way return ticket for their mother-in-law.

I never got the In laws thing as I had the best any man could have ever asked for, I got a second family. But I have heard some real stories about In laws that will curl your hair.
Still waiting to get on the plane. It's not here and delayed over 2 hours. Ever see the movie The Terminal???

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Evening Pops and all. Stuck in Atlanta due to weather. 5 hours. Won't leave here for another 4 hours or so. Hope everyone else's evenings are going better
I wanted to give your post a "like" but it didn't seem appropriate seeing as how you're stuck at the airport. Good luck to you, Gramma. I hope you and Dustin have a back-up plan.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
I wanted to give your post a "like" but it didn't seem appropriate seeing as how you're stuck at the airport. Good luck to you, Gramma. I hope you and Dustin have a back-up plan.
Unfortunately, the backup plan is that he had to tell her because of how late my flight is going to be now. The grands don't yet know but will in the morning when they see me there. So so tired. :confused:

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
Unfortunately, the backup plan is that he had to tell her because of how late my flight is going to be now. The grands don't yet know but will in the morning when they see me there. So so tired. :confused:

Bummer that your flight is delayed but you shouldn’t be in the air in bad weather anyway...on the positive, you’re on vacation, you’re going to see your daughter and grands. You’re going to have a dandy ole time ;)

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bummer that your flight is delayed but you shouldn’t be in the air in bad weather anyway...on the positive, you’re on vacation, you’re going to see your daughter and grands. You’re going to have a dandy ole time ;)
Listen to RGV, Gramma, he's that guy when we're shipwrecked on the island and out of food, finds the positive side.

"Hey everyone, I know we're starving but look on the bright side, we were all on that Weight Watchers cruise for a good reason".

Later, at the trial, one of the defendants would explain "this is when we decided to consider cannibalism".