FEATURED Morning Pops!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good morning Pops and all those on GrammaJan's journey with her, what a bummer. However, RGV is right, the journey will only serve to highlight the destination even more. Been there too many times, on delayed flights surrounded by frustrated unhappy people; however, Gramma is headed to where there is nothing but joy.

And Gramma, could be worse, you could be starring in the next "Planes, Trains and Automobiles".

Tell them you brought along some of the old gang from the Pops thread. I would be that uncle they never knew about and since I've already referenced John Candy, they can call me Uncle Buck.

Gramma, let those hugs erase every frustrating minute you spent getting there.

Xelda

Reaction score
Afternoon Pops and friends. I'm behaving fairly well so I don't feel a nap will be required. How can I be useful? How can I make life better through the actions I take this day? Stay tuned. I hope everyone has a great hump day.
I wanted to give your post a "like" but it didn't seem appropriate seeing as how you're stuck at the airport. Good luck to you, Gramma. I hope you and Dustin have a back-up plan.
Sometimes the like is for being reminded how fortunate we are NOT to be at the airport. You learn things about yourself when you're stuck at an airport where you are subjected to their will, rules and regulations. I found out I'm a cry baby after 18 hours. I'm not happy about it, but there it is. I can always appreciate a good airport story from the comfort of home. I look back, cringe and then move freely about the cabin of my life.
And Gramma, could be worse, you could be starring in the next "Planes, Trains and Automobiles".
It ain't over yet, there could be some great stories to be had here. To quote Steve Martin "THOSE AREN'T PILLOWS!"

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
Listen to RGV, Gramma, he's that guy when we're shipwrecked on the island and out of food, finds the positive side.

"Hey everyone, I know we're starving but look on the bright side, we were all on that Weight Watchers cruise for a good reason".

Later, at the trial, one of the defendants would explain "this is when we decided to consider cannibalism".

:lmao:

Once we decide cannibalism is our bright side, the guy that receives the Leon “wink” is probably not getting off the island ;)

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and pen pals. There's nothing on the agenda today so it should be nice and relaxing. I have my morning coffee and it tastes wonderful. I can't ask for anything more. Well, I guess I could ask, but to what avail?

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Good morning Pops and Zoner friends. Just another day in Paradise. Aside from a hand full of chores, just waiting for UPS to deliver my wine shipment.

:rolleyes:

@GrammaJan, how's the visit going?
Morning Pops and everyone.

Visit is going good. Boys are in school right now, but my daughter and granddaughter are here. Today is Gemma's 3rd birthday. We celebrated last night as her dad gets her and the boys this evening. At least up to this point he's agreeing to let my daughter keep the kids this weekend so we can visit while I'm here, but like the weather forecast, that's subject to change.

One day at a time and taking in all I can of them while I'm here.

May end up at my daughters job tonight for a bit since she has to work. Some bar and grill here in Virginia Beach called Big Woody's (???). If you're in the area stop in and ask for Danielle :). Tell her Gramma Jan sent you.

Have a great day everyone.

Last edited:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops and everyone.

Visit is going good. Boys are in school right now, but my daughter and granddaughter are here. Today is Gemma's 3rd birthday. We celebrated last night as her dad gets her and the boys this evening. At least up to this point he's agreeing to let my daughter keep the kids this weekend so we can visit while I'm here, but like the weather forecast, that's subject to change.

One day at a time and taking in all I can of them while I'm here.

May end up at my daughters job tonight for a bit since she has to work. Some bar and grill here in Virginia Beach called Big Woody's (???). If you're in the area stop in and ask for Danielle :). Tell her Gramma Jan sent you.

Have a great day everyone.
If one of my boys worked at a bar and grill, it would be "Take Dad to work day" every night.

Hope you are having a grand time and everyone cooperates and keeps your best interest in mind. It is special when Gramma comes to visit and by God everyone should understand that.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to all who stop in and give a minute to check out the thread.

How is everybody today? Hope all are well.

Jan, I know that bar. If it's the same place, Woody's in Virginia Beach, right there by Dam Neck.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John and Gramma, hope all are winding it down, headed towards the weekend. Day is half done and tomorrow is Friday. How can this be a bad thing?

Everybody, have a great day!

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to all who stop in and give a minute to check out the thread.

How is everybody today? Hope all are well.

Jan, I know that bar. If it's the same place, Woody's in Virginia Beach, right there by Dam Neck.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John and Gramma, hope all are winding it down, headed towards the weekend. Day is half done and tomorrow is Friday. How can this be a bad thing?

Everybody, have a great day!
That's the place!:D

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I belong to a few... this shipment is from SommSelect. I also belong to Hartford Family Wines (Russian River) and Charles Krug (Napa)
I have tried Wine Insiders but too many were not good, Vinesse and Wine of the Month Club and have found the latter to be quite nice, I have reordered some really tasty wines at a great price but they run out. Vinesse can be a little pricey, 25 including delivery and I can do better going to Total Wine and just telling the wine lady what I am in the mood for and the price range and give me an assortment to take back to my habitat.

CC, we need a wine thread. So, I started one.

Last edited:

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I have tried Wine Insiders but too many were not good, Vinesse and Wine of the Month Club and have found the latter to be quite nice, I have reordered some really tasty wines at a great price but they run out. Vinesse can be a little pricey, 25 including delivery and I can do better going to Total Wine and just telling the wine lady what I am in the mood for and the price range and give me an assortment to take back to my habitat.

CC, we need a wine thread. So, I started one.
Wine thread? I'll drink to that!

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning Pops and Zoner Friends. Feeling a bit melancholy this morning.

Late last night, my wife and I received news that a long-term work colleague and friend had passed away. We spent half the night reflecting on life and the various decisions and paths one takes along the way.

There is an expected air of sadness when a friend or family member passes, but there is also recognition and celebration of a life well lived.

By no means is this meant to be a "downer" post. Rather, just a reminder of the value of friendship.