FEATURED Morning Pops!

Xelda

Reaction score
Morning, Pops and pen pals. Have a blessed Sunday.

Xelda, just give up on the cleaning. Because if you really think about it, every time you clean one thing you make another thing dirty. It may just be a mop or a dust rag, but do they really deserve that kind of discrimination against them?
I was sort of proud of myself, too. Now I've got to figure out what to do with myself today. I'm not annoyed enough to send myself back to bed yet. Might happen because there's no football and I get grumpy during the off season.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and pen pals. My new golf clubs have been built except for the grips and the shop expects them to arrive tomorrow. Yippee! I can't wait to hit them. It's a brisk 23 degrees here headed for a high of 36. If the grandkids had not been born I'd still be living in Hawaii dealing with a frosty low of 70. But the kids make it all worthwhile. Have a great day, Y'all.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Morning Pops and everyone. Waking up this morning to a brisk -3 and an anticipated high of +12. As much as I absolutely love the winter and snow, the bitter cold is something I can do without and I'm very much over at this point. IT'S MARCH 4TH PEOPLE! Can we be done with winter now?

Try to keep warm if you are in a colder area of the country. For those of you with a warmer bit of air, box it up and please send some our way.

Have a great day all.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
@GrammaJan we have similar weather in the Colorado front range. For the past several days, the lows have been hovering around 0 F with the highs in the mid-teens. I really don't mind the cold, but... We have had high winds as well with corresponding wind chills in in -20 range.

What I wouldn't give for a nice day in the mid-20's

:)

GrammaJan

Reaction score
@GrammaJan we have similar weather in the Colorado front range. For the past several days, the lows have been hovering around 0 F with the highs in the mid-teens. I really don't mind the cold, but... We have had high winds as well with corresponding wind chills in in -20 range.

What I wouldn't give for a nice day in the mid-20's

:)
Thankfully this time around the winds haven't been to bad for us here. Only feels like -2 o_O

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
Good morning Pops and friends. The temp got up 80 yesterday and 40 this morning. BrrrRRR short sleeve weather for you folks north of us but feels pretty cold for us in the deeeep south.

Enjoy this Monday. If it wasn’t for Mondays, we wouldn’t have Fridays ;)

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Sad bit of news... just heard from my daughter. One of my grandson's school counselors (the ones I just visited) was hit head on by a drunk driver yesterday morning and passed away... I feel the need to go back but know I can't... :(

So so sad

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to all who decide to stop in and visit the thread today.

Looking forward to a good week here. Next week, I'm on travel so need to get a lot done this week.

Hope everybody had a great weekend. Sorry about the bad news Jan.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John and Jan, hope all of you are off to a great start this week. Be good, have fun, be safe!

Everybody, have a great Monday!

Xelda

Reaction score
Afternoon Pops and friends. Kick in brain. Come on, say something so I can type. LEFTOR RIGHT HEMISPHERE! (Use of middle names means business and it normally thinks it's right.) Last night I had a dream that I was at a Hollywood party. Someone leaned over and said "You can tell how successful they are by the celebrities that come to their parties". I saw an unknown Muppet. I have an electric toothbrush that seems to go on forever. I try to distract myself so it can do it's job, but after a couple of minutes I want it out of my mouth. I had another dream in which my phone chimed and showed me varying alerts. It showed Toothbrush - 5 Minutes to which I shouted "I KNEW IT!". This concludes my therapist confessions.

Get a grip, Leon! Or several in your case. Be safe while traveling, ABQ. The inmates will do what we can to keep the place running in your absence. I like your humor, @ColoCowboy.
It's 38 outside but I'm not putting on my shorts just yet. Sorry to hear about the counsellor, Jan. I worked with a man that was a wonderful story teller. He could turn simple stories about his wife's dog Reba into epic comedies. I couldn't wait to hear what Reba had done over the weekend. His wife got sick so he quit to take care of her. When died and he started going out drinking. One night he'd been drinking and then drove into the path of an oncoming car. The other driver was an elderly Walmart greeter coming home after work. They were both killed. I knew him as so much more than the drunk driver that killed an innocent person. It didn't excuse what happened, but a wonderful man left life with a terrible stain on his reputation. The tragedy cannot be erased regardless of memories.

I found out yesterday that a long time friend of mine died and was buried over the weekend. I'm still processing this and in some quality self preserving denial. Bah humbug on Mondays.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Afternoon Pops and friends. Kick in brain. Come on, say something so I can type. LEFTOR RIGHT HEMISPHERE! (Use of middle names means business and it normally thinks it's right.) Last night I had a dream that I was at a Hollywood party. Someone leaned over and said "You can tell how successful they are by the celebrities that come to their parties". I saw an unknown Muppet. I have an electric toothbrush that seems to go on forever. I try to distract myself so it can do it's job, but after a couple of minutes I want it out of my mouth. I had another dream in which my phone chimed and showed me varying alerts. It showed Toothbrush - 5 Minutes to which I shouted "I KNEW IT!". This concludes my therapist confessions.

Get a grip, Leon! Or several in your case. Be safe while traveling, ABQ. The inmates will do what we can to keep the place running in your absence. I like your humor, @ColoCowboy.
It's 38 outside but I'm not putting on my shorts just yet. Sorry to hear about the counsellor, Jan. I worked with a man that was a wonderful story teller. He could turn simple stories about his wife's dog Reba into epic comedies. I couldn't wait to hear what Reba had done over the weekend. His wife got sick so he quit to take care of her. When died and he started going out drinking. One night he'd been drinking and then drove into the path of an oncoming car. The other driver was an elderly Walmart greeter coming home after work. They were both killed. I knew him as so much more than the drunk driver that killed an innocent person. It didn't excuse what happened, but a wonderful man left life with a terrible stain on his reputation. The tragedy cannot be erased regardless of memories.

I found out yesterday that a long time friend of mine died and was buried over the weekend. I'm still processing this and in some quality self preserving denial. Bah humbug on Mondays.
Why, thank you, ma'am. Not quite in @Melonfeud territory, but i try hard.

:muttley:

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I don't know if I'm allowed to post this here, but if I can I think everyone will find some joy in it.

* prerequisites of thread participation
(I believe)require the obligatorily rendered salutations unto: "Morning PoP's"
** as this is ( again, I believe, my initial foray into this threads scary newness of severe levelled intimidation factor,WHEW!o_O)

@Xelda , yer' about 1 of thee coolest & fun-loving fellow forum members around here.:oldcouple:
While I was enjoying that posted up U.C.L.A. gymnastics video, my mind spiraled off into the thoughts of a " closing time" pickup/ score with that spirited gal out on the mat,,,er,,,and well, my head immediately suffered a catastrophic failure in it's structural integrity of cranial encapsulation (I.E. it exploded),,,upon the dawning realization registered within my wheelhouse that the probabilities of my surviving thru the "envisioned" action to actually see the rising sun ( any sunrise ever again )was hovering right at that
" SLIM to NONE" readout,,,fortunately, a 1/2 qt. of Clamato juice& 1/2 5th of Jim Beam were readily available to refill the vacated void in order to maintain my hydraulically weighted equilibrium,,,:huh:,,,er,,,(I'm pop-riveting in a patch from a sheared off corner of my trucks bumper mounted license plate to reseal the unsightly exit wound as we speak),,,, YOU really ought to post a warning fer' the old &weak of daydreaming capabilities next time you post up something of that particular nature, ya- know?,SHEESEo_O

also, I wish I'd of never exchanged #'s with that gymnast, as she's so needy,clingy& won't stop texting me NOW!:confused:

:lmao::lmao2::lmao:

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and pen pals. I woke up this morning around 4 o'clock so I got up early. Just waiting until time to wake the grand youngins up to get them off to school. In the meantime I'm just enjoying my hot coffee and solitude. Wishing everyone well today.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good morning Pops and y'all and y'all know who y'all are. Those other people? They ain't y'all.

Gramma and Xelda, sorry for another curve from life thrown your way but as I age and mellow, I see that more and more and only thought I'd experienced life earlier in my life. Takes death to really appreciate life, or at least that was the awakening for me. I did not know what "seizing the day" meant until those closest to me ran out of days.

Whenever I see an article about someone losing their life because of a drunk driver, I do not shake my head in disapproval for earlier in my life, you know, that period of time when the usual laws don't apply to yourself, that could have been me. I shudder every time I think about what could have happened because of my foolish selfishness to get behind that wheel thinking I was different, better, than all those other fools at operating a vehicle when I was well over the limit.

Took an event happening to someone I knew, like the two of you have experienced, for me to wake up and shake myself. So, sometimes when I am down, and that happens more frequently than I'd like, I think of what could have been. Not in some retrospective things I could have done better but in that what could be worse than this? I could be haunted by the death or harm to another person just because I thought I could drive drunk. And strangely, I am consoled by the fact that those times I did risk the safety of others, I didn't harm them. That's a real cockamamie path to picking one spirits up but it actually works. Mentally rewarding myself for the acts that I did not commit. I am not god but things could be worse so therefore, I am better.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to any and all who might decide to stop in and visit.

Have the Boy today so we've been watching Moana since about 6:30 this morning. His Daddy said he didn't sleep last night so it's going to be a long day.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John and Jan, hope all of you are well today.

Everyone, have a great day!