FEATURED Morning Pops!

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Good morning Pops and y'all and y'all know who y'all are. Those other people? They ain't y'all.

Gramma and Xelda, sorry for another curve from life thrown your way but as I age and mellow, I see that more and more and only thought I'd experienced life earlier in my life. Takes death to really appreciate life, or at least that was the awakening for me. I did not know what "seizing the day" meant until those closest to me ran out of days.

Whenever I see an article about someone losing their life because of a drunk driver, I do not shake my head in disapproval for earlier in my life, you know, that period of time when the usual laws don't apply to yourself, that could have been me. I shudder every time I think about what could have happened because of my foolish selfishness to get behind that wheel thinking I was different, better, than all those other fools at operating a vehicle when I was well over the limit.

Took an event happening to someone I knew, like the two of you have experienced, for me to wake up and shake myself. So, sometimes when I am down, and that happens more frequently than I'd like, I think of what could have been. Not in some retrospective things I could have done better but in that what could be worse than this? I could be haunted by the death or harm to another person just because I thought I could drive drunk. And strangely, I am consoled by the fact that those times I did risk the safety of others, I didn't harm them. That's a real cockamamie path to picking one spirits up but it actually works. Mentally rewarding myself for the acts that I did not commit. I am not god but things could be worse so therefore, I am better.
Morning Pops and everyone. I'm glad I've not had to think about how fortunate I am for not having been the cause of that kind of harm to others. I just don't drink and drive, and I know my limits so I never got drunk anyway. Being the true victim is where this sadness comes in. She was simply a passenger in the car that was hit. That's more where my thought goes to... how fortunate I am that I have not been 'the passenger in the other car'. Life is hard enough and there are enough things thrown at us that are out of our control without this sort of thing happening.

On to happier thoughts. I woke up this morning. That's a good start in my book... vertical and ventilating.

Have a great day everyone.

Xelda

Reaction score
Afternoon Pops and friends. Thanks Melon. I'm going to have to break that code and decipher what you said one day. Coach, the world is a better place for keeping you around to see what you'll do next. To our baby sitters, I hope it's a good day filled with precious memories.

Gramma I've been horizontal and hibernating today. I was shamefully awaken at 2pm by the phone. Yesterday was just bad and it leaked over into last night which leaked over into this morning and eventually this afternoon. I'll be back on track soon. Possibly... maybe.

Wishing everyone a good rest of their Tuesday.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and pen pals. Happy hump day! It's going to warm up a little today but not enough for me to play golf or do gardening. It will be pretty windy too. Looks like another day of planning instead of doing for me.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good morning Pops and Zoner friends. Interesting start to the morning with a power outage in our area. We live in the woods, so there isn't a lot of light pollution anyway - but it sure is dark now... very peaceful.

The main cat and two back-up cats are hovering - I suppose they're wondering the heck is going on.

Have a good day everyone.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning, Pops and pen pals. Happy hump day! It's going to warm up a little today but not enough for me to play golf or do gardening. It will be pretty windy too. Looks like another day of planning instead of doing for me.
Most excellent, Leon. Planning is good, wives will buy planning under the conditions you describe and then the job is to modify the plans as you move along so you don't actually have to commit to the plan physically.

I used to stand there and look at the flower beds with a perplexed look on my face and then broaden into a wide smile. She would ask "what are you smiling about"? I would just nod toward the beds and say "you'll see, you'll see". And of course she would see. She would see Boni and his crew working out in the beds and they would be stupendous when they were done. Won "Yard of the Month" one April and I asked her "if I'd done that, you think we'd have that nice sign out in the yard to make all the neighbors jealous? Especially since they've seen me cultivating weeds?"

Yep, planning, that's the secret to a nonconfrontational life. And I could fake that planning look like a real pro. It resembles my confused look a lot.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good morning Pops and Zoner friends. Interesting start to the morning with a power outage in our area. We live in the woods, so there isn't a lot of light pollution anyway - but it sure is dark now... very peaceful.

The main cat and two back-up cats are hovering - I suppose they're wondering the heck is going on.

Have a good day everyone.
OK, what are back-up cats?

I have two dogs and when I am pissed at one of them, I might be able to use this. "Well, you're just the back-up dog. Mojito is the main dog". Or reverse that for ChaCha. They like reversing that "good dog, bad dog" trying to fool me. But I am nobody's fool.....I am anybody's fool and they know it.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
OK, what are back-up cats?

I have two dogs and when I am pissed at one of them, I might be able to use this. "Well, you're just the back-up dog. Mojito is the main dog". Or reverse that for ChaCha. They like reversing that "good dog, bad dog" trying to fool me. But I am nobody's fool.....I am anybody's fool and they know it.
No reversing on the cats. We have an older cat that has been with us nearly 12 years. She is the queen bee. And, then there are two apprentice cats they are constantly jocking for the number two position. :)

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning fellas and good morning to everyone who stops in to check out this thread.

Hope everybody is enjoying a nice Tuesday. I am thinking that this week might go by fast. Lots to do and honestly, not enough hours in the day to do it all so it will seem like it flies by, of course.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John and Jan, hope all of you are having a great day today. If not, change it up and make it into something better!

Almost Tourney Time. Time to fill out your brackets!

Xelda

Reaction score
Afternoon Pops and friends. I'm putting together a list for the grocery store and it's up to 4 items. I've found the fewer the items on the list, the more expensive the trip becomes. It becomes a suggestion to head down a very big aisle for one item with an empty buggy that demands more to stop it from rattling. As for the garden, I've got landscaping fabric that I can lay over the weeds. Die weeds, die!

Have a good hump day everyone.
1864388490-hump-day-funny-camel-yosemite-sam.png

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
Most excellent, Leon. Planning is good, wives will buy planning under the conditions you describe and then the job is to modify the plans as you move along so you don't actually have to commit to the plan physically.

I used to stand there and look at the flower beds with a perplexed look on my face and then broaden into a wide smile. She would ask "what are you smiling about"? I would just nod toward the beds and say "you'll see, you'll see". And of course she would see. She would see Boni and his crew working out in the beds and they would be stupendous when they were done. Won "Yard of the Month" one April and I asked her "if I'd done that, you think we'd have that nice sign out in the yard to make all the neighbors jealous? Especially since they've seen me cultivating weeds?"

Yep, planning, that's the secret to a nonconfrontational life. And I could fake that planning look like a real pro. It resembles my confused look a lot.

Good evening Pops and friends.

Yes always plan ahead and don’t do what I did. Few years ago, I mowed her flowers thinking they were weeds. :eek: She went and replaced them with more expensive flowers. :confused:

LeonDixson

Reaction score
Morning, Paps and pen pals. I guess my planning day yesterday paid off. I've now got a design for the flower beds that need to be re-done including which plants to plant and where to plant them. They'll get done as soon as I can train the dog to dig the area up for me. Actually, I like creating landscapes. I just hate maintaining them; hence the need to completely start over. Have a great day!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning fellas and good morning to any and all who stop in to check out the thread today.

It's Thursday and we are half way through. We are on the downward slop here. Lots going on this weekend and I'm on travel next week so gotta get a lot done here in the next day and a half of work.

Xelda, make sure you have some cookies on there, with some milk of some kind. A few of those before you go to sleep are probably not very healthy for you but it sure makes you happy and sleep seems to come easier! Add those things.....

Leon, RGV, you have my admiration. I am not that guy who can do flower beds. My hat is off to you two!

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John and Jan, hope you are all doing well. The weather here is so beautiful right now, I am dreading having to go out of town because it's perfect here!

Everybody, have a great day. I feel like people should not have to tell me that but sometimes, I still have to be reminded that the worst day in life beats the best day of Dirt Napping. And days like we are now, nothing beats those. Low to mid 70s, probably in the 40s as a low, clear blue sky that you can see forever in. High clouds moving slowly across the sky, no wind, Sun shinning bright, dogs jumping around in the yard, playing. It's funny because I have a Staffordshire Terrier, an American Bull cross and two Dachshunds so like a 150 lbs, 100 lbs, maybe 10 lbs and 10 lbs. They are all running around, barking, playing, chasing butterflies, so to speak. Nobody is getting eaten, nobody is biting anybodies ankles, just running around in the Sun, having fun.

Everybody, have a great day cause it is a great day, even if it's not perfect.

Xelda

Reaction score
Afternoon Pops and friends. We've got bad weather moving in so I'm in a holding pattern. No progress on the grocery store. Wait, did I add... that's the first thing on my list. Right now I need Kleenex so I shouldn't be thinking about going to the store, but I have 4 really good suggestions below it. I'll panic when I run out of caffeine.

Everyone mind ABQ and carpe diem the crap out of today! I mean have a great day!

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning fellas and good morning to any and all who stop in to check out the thread today.

It's Thursday and we are half way through. We are on the downward slop here. Lots going on this weekend and I'm on travel next week so gotta get a lot done here in the next day and a half of work.

Xelda, make sure you have some cookies on there, with some milk of some kind. A few of those before you go to sleep are probably not very healthy for you but it sure makes you happy and sleep seems to come easier! Add those things.....

Leon, RGV, you have my admiration. I am not that guy who can do flower beds. My hat is off to you two!

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John and Jan, hope you are all doing well. The weather here is so beautiful right now, I am dreading having to go out of town because it's perfect here!

Everybody, have a great day. I feel like people should not have to tell me that but sometimes, I still have to be reminded that the worst day in life beats the best day of Dirt Napping. And days like we are now, nothing beats those. Low to mid 70s, probably in the 40s as a low, clear blue sky that you can see forever in. High clouds moving slowly across the sky, no wind, Sun shinning bright, dogs jumping around in the yard, playing. It's funny because I have a Staffordshire Terrier, an American Bull cross and two Dachshunds so like a 150 lbs, 100 lbs, maybe 10 lbs and 10 lbs. They are all running around, barking, playing, chasing butterflies, so to speak. Nobody is getting eaten, nobody is biting anybodies ankles, just running around in the Sun, having fun.

Everybody, have a great day cause it is a great day, even if it's not perfect.
I want the life of your dogs...

LeonDixson

Reaction score
Morning Pops and pen pals. TGIF! I had a Clint Eastwood day yesterday. The good was I got my new clubs yesterday. I took them to the driving range to see what kind of sudden impact they would make with ball. The bad was I went to the chiropractor and that cost a fist full of dollars. The downright ugly was I had a bladder scope done and he moved that scope every which way but loose.Sorry about that.

Now the really great news! My wife and I are leaving tomorrow to go to the bahamas for 9 days. I will be AWOL most of the week as I don't expect to be on the computer very much. In the meantime, I hope all of you have a really great week.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Morning Pops and pen pals. TGIF! I had a Clint Eastwood day yesterday. The good was I got my new clubs yesterday. I took them to the driving range to see what kind of sudden impact they would make with ball. The bad was I went to the chiropractor and that cost a fist full of dollars. The downright ugly was I had a bladder scope done and he moved that scope every which way but loose.Sorry about that.

Now the really great news! My wife and I are leaving tomorrow to go to the bahamas for 9 days. I will be AWOL most of the week as I don't expect to be on the computer very much. In the meantime, I hope all of you have a really great week.
Morning Pops and everyone. Leon, I totally know how you feel. I have to get one of those darn scopes every year in December as a result of the type of cancer I had. I never thought to 'negotiate' a trip to the Bahamas, or anywhere else for that matter o_O. Very clever move on your part:D. (I need a new agent:cool:.) Anyway, for those of you in the know, it's not a visit to the doctor to look forward to but for the ultimate peace of mind.

Made it through another work week and no closer to retiring. Maybe someday I can stop working long enough to actually meet someone outside of the office and they will want to take me home and care for me for the rest of my life...:rolleyes:... A girl can dream, right?

I'm heading out to visit mom tomorrow and run whatever errands she needs... maybe get me some farm fresh eggs in the process...

Hope you all have a great Friday, a wonderful weekend and safe travels to you and the wife, Leon, and everyone else, wherever your journeys take you.

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
Good morning Pops and friends. Enjoy your vacation Leon. I’m meeting with an old buddy in a couple of hours. We’ll drink coffee and talk about old times. Nothing wrong with reminiscing. But first I’ll be taking my mom to the adult daycare. She loves it. They play games and eat and talk about older times, then I’ll drop my wife off at her sister’s salon to get her hair done. It looks good already if you ask me but If she sees a little grey, the sky is falling lol.

Enjoy this day. Tell your loved ones how special they are. We’re not promised tomorrow.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good morning Pops and friends. Enjoy your vacation Leon. I’m meeting with an old buddy in a couple of hours. We’ll drink coffee and talk about old times. Nothing wrong with reminiscing. But first I’ll be taking my mom to the adult daycare. She loves it. They play games and eat and talk about older times, then I’ll drop my wife off at her sister’s salon to get her hair done. It looks good already if you ask me but If she sees a little grey, the sky is falling lol.

Enjoy this day. Tell your loved ones how special they are. We’re not promised tomorrow.
By golly, RGV taking care of his Mom and his wife in the same day, he's a keeper, girls. I will be taking myself to adult day care as well, Hiccups Bar & Grill. We sit around making stuff up about the past and they think I am a retied astronaut.

My wife had incredibly really thick hair and I would see other women admiring her and actually telling their friends to look, much like Leon might admire another man's clubs. The first gray hair, and I have no idea how she found it but "they know" and just writing those two words sends chills up my spine, and it was a five alarm, women and children to safety first, all out alert. And women hate gray hair, they actually pull it out as punishment and I feared her looking at me someday the same way she looked at that plucked hair.

My job, and I decided to accept it, was to carefully scan the back, locate any offenders and remove them. I did my job and I've plucked ear or nose hairs before and it hurts but not only was it not hurting, she was actually laughing this laugh that I can only describe as bone chilling. The only other time I heard that laugh was when she read me the story of Lorena Bobbitt and then just stopped and looked at me. That Thanksgiving, I fried turkeys for my staff in Idaho and she brought along her electric knife, care to guess what she had named it?

Ahhhhh, but I digress, which is why I come here because I think Pops would understand and just say "that's OK, just let him go, he'll run out soon". But that's what they all think. Digression is next to Godliness.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I am not having a bladder scope even if it means I win a trip to the Bahamas. Isn't getting a shot in your eye enough? And I don't recall you getting any reward for that. So I am thinking a needle in your eye is better than whatever that chiropractor put up your bladder and I didn't even know they did that sort of the thing. Gives new meaning to "adjustment".

I am only half envious, Leon, because I could only handle at the most, half that time in the Bahamas. I really like looking at the ocean but I do not get in it since I discovered I might be sustenance for some of the denizens of the deep. Last time I was in the ocean, swam into a herd of jellyfish just lying in wait for some poor fool to leave the nice pool at the condos and go where things hide in the water. To top that off, they spotted a 10 foot hammerhead and got everybody out of the water. Me and the ocean just agreed to stay the hell out of each other's way after that.

I do dig the umbrella drinks but I can work my way through all of them the first day and then have nothing to look forward to the rest of the trip. And I reggae and steel drum myself out by day 2. By day 3, I am fully clothed, sitting in the dark, drinking a martini and listening to opera.

You guys have a great time and just a little bit of advice. Don't go to a chiropractor down there. If one in Texas will give you a bladder scope, the mind reels at what one in the Bahamas might do.