FEATURED Morning Pops!

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Afternoon Pops. And a good afternoon from the Bahamas to all my pen pals.

Two or three weeks ago when it was very cold here I posted that I was going to buy a condo in the Bahamas to stay the winter in. I was only half jokng. It has been a dream of mine all my adult life to have a place on the beach. I didn't have that when I lived in Hawaii although I did have an ocean view.

This is to happily report that we have made an offer on a condo. You can hear the waves rolling in from the living room and the master bedroom. We will be here until next Monday and we are just waiting to hear back from the seller. Wish us luck!! I'll log back on in a few days. Right now we are having too much fun sightseeing. Here's the link: https://www.hgchristie.com/eng/sale...nums-bahama-terrace-yacht-and-country-club-gr

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Two or three weeks ago when it was very cold here I posted that I was going to buy a condo in the Bahamas to stay the winter in. I was only half jokng. It has been a dream of mine all my adult life to have a place on the beach. I didn't have that when I lived in Hawaii although I did have an ocean view.

This is to happily report that we have made an offer on a condo. You can hear the waves rolling in from the living room and the master bedroom. We will be here until next Monday and we are just waiting to hear back from the seller. Wish us luck!! I'll log back on in a few days. Right now we are having too much fun sightseeing. Here's the link: https://www.hgchristie.com/eng/sale...nums-bahama-terrace-yacht-and-country-club-gr
I noticed twin beds in my bedroom, got to get a bigger playground for "BeachCoach".

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Best of luck on the condo, brother!

Xelda

Reaction score
Lord have mercy, I mean afternoon Pops and friends. Belated Happy Birthday Pops. That was beautiful, Coach. I went to Florida in February one year and was amused at the locals wearing sweaters in 60 degree temperatures, Colo. They were shivering! Runny, Runny, Runny. It's a miracle you're still single. Leon, it's also a miracle that all of us are now related to you. Well, will be once the sale is finalized. Just in case you were wondering if we were rooting for you. JLo and Alex Rodriguez are in the Bahamas right now too. They just got engaged so you might encounter some craziness if you get close. BeachCoach sounds like a sunburn and pass the aloe vera party to me. But it would be worth it.

Enjoy your family Coach. Don't worry, we won't burn the house down or break the internet while you're away. If anything happens, you know Runny did it. Enjoy your home Colo, the beach for Leon, gym for Runny and Jeopardy for me. Everyone else enjoy this day and see what you can do with it.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Evening Pops. Evening Fellas and good evening to anybody who decided to show up and visit today. Just arrived here in Maryland so figured I would logon and say hello.

Happy belated Birthday Pops and thank you for posting that Sarge.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John and Jan, hope you guys all have a great week.

Everybody, have a great evening!

Xelda

Reaction score
Update to my post above. We offered $165K and the seller accepted! Home, home on the beach. Where the dolphins and red snappers play.
starry+congrats.gif

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Evening Pops and everyone. Just checking in to let everyone know I'm still alive. Been in quite the mood... started trying to work out again and that whole 'day-after-the-day-after' got me. So easy to get discouraged when everything hurts. Quite frankly I'm pis..., er, um, extremely angry at cancer right now for ruining EVERYTHING I worked so hard to accomplish before and I don't know how to get it back. 4-5 years older and age is unforgiving, but I've made up my mind that since I'm in this alone it's time to either do it or give up (poop or get off the pot). Nobody can do it for me.

Leon, congrats. Maybe someday I'll be able to get out of this stupid, too-small apartment and know the pride of home ownership. I do like being only 2 blocks from the river walkway/trails tho so I suppose I would miss that if I ever moved. Good luck with the closing. What a wonderful thing to be able to do.

Runny... I feel like I'm probably the one people would scoff at and wonder why I would be at the gym, so I don't go. Definitely not that 'girl to the right'. Please do be kind to the rookies among you as we all gotta start somewhere and I've been barked at and called names enough to know how much it hurts and discourages, even when I was in top shape. People of all ages can be cruel. We have a small "workout room" at the office I work in that I use when I feel compelled to do so, but I'm it. Nobody else uses it so no motivator (and only I get to call me names).

Coach, maybe think futon instead. They're multifunctional. Living on the beach you won't have to get up to do much of anything.

Xel, I completely agree about that weird shivering by Floridians in 60 degree weather. Before my daughter was in Virginia Beach she lived in Jacksonville. I visited one year over Thanksgiving and I kid you not there were people we saw at the stores wearing winter coats, ear muffs and Eskimo boots. In Iowa 50-60 degrees is cause for breaking out the hoodies and sandals, and many I know break out the cargo shorts. It was good for a chuckle anyway.

I've got nothing left in the tank tonight and just can't think anymore so time to settle in. Everyone have a good evening and a better tomorrow and try to find a blessing in each day, even if it's just waking to a new day with new opportunities.

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
Evening Pops and everyone. Just checking in to let everyone know I'm still alive. Been in quite the mood... started trying to work out again and that whole 'day-after-the-day-after' got me. So easy to get discouraged when everything hurts. Quite frankly I'm pis..., er, um, extremely angry at cancer right now for ruining EVERYTHING I worked so hard to accomplish before and I don't know how to get it back. 4-5 years older and age is unforgiving, but I've made up my mind that since I'm in this alone it's time to either do it or give up (poop or get off the pot). Nobody can do it for me.

Leon, congrats. Maybe someday I'll be able to get out of this stupid, too-small apartment and know the pride of home ownership. I do like being only 2 blocks from the river walkway/trails tho so I suppose I would miss that if I ever moved. Good luck with the closing. What a wonderful thing to be able to do.

Runny... I feel like I'm probably the one people would scoff at and wonder why I would be at the gym, so I don't go. Definitely not that 'girl to the right'. Please do be kind to the rookies among you as we all gotta start somewhere and I've been barked at and called names enough to know how much it hurts and discourages, even when I was in top shape. People of all ages can be cruel. We have a small "workout room" at the office I work in that I use when I feel compelled to do so, but I'm it. Nobody else uses it so no motivator (and only I get to call me names).

Coach, maybe think futon instead. They're multifunctional. Living on the beach you won't have to get up to do much of anything.

Xel, I completely agree about that weird shivering by Floridians in 60 degree weather. Before my daughter was in Virginia Beach she lived in Jacksonville. I visited one year over Thanksgiving and I kid you not there were people we saw at the stores wearing winter coats, ear muffs and Eskimo boots. In Iowa 50-60 degrees is cause for breaking out the hoodies and sandals, and many I know break out the cargo shorts. It was good for a chuckle anyway.

I've got nothing left in the tank tonight and just can't think anymore so time to settle in. Everyone have a good evening and a better tomorrow and try to find a blessing in each day, even if it's just waking to a new day with new opportunities.

Don’t give up or get discouraged Gramma. We’re all rooting for you. 51 is awful young. Cancer is a much bigger hurdle than a marathon and you whipped it. There are races out there to be run so don’t give up now.

My wife and I jog a little but lately 3 miles max. I really admire folks that can run long distances. It takes a lot of hard work and dedication. Finishing a race is winning. You will get back to elite level, just a matter of time. Fight the good fight.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Good morning from the Bahamas, Pops and pen pals. Happy belated birthdays, Pops and @Sarge. Gramma, you are in my prayers.

We had a wonderful day yesterday exploring beaches. Today we may start going to some attractions like "swimming with the pigs". You'll have to google it

I see it is warming up in Texas now That's sure to be a welcome relief from a couple of weeks ago.

I'm not spending much time on the computer so not sure when I'll check in again. In the meantime, Y'all take care.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Good morning from the Bahamas, Pops and pen pals. Happy belated birthdays, Pops and @Sarge. Gramma, you are in my prayers.

We had a wonderful day yesterday exploring beaches. Today we may start going to some attractions like "swimming with the pigs". You'll have to google it

I see it is warming up in Texas now That's sure to be a welcome relief from a couple of weeks ago.

I'm not spending much time on the computer so not sure when I'll check in again. In the meantime, Y'all take care.
Morning Pops and everyone. Thanks, Leon. It's just me struggling with me is all.

Heard about that "swimming with the pigs" thing. Don't know anyone that got to participate but it sounds like a really neat experience.

Everyone have a great day.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good morning Pops and Zoners Friends.

The countdown to snowmagedden continues. Supposedly, the eastern slopes of the Colorado Rockies along with the entire Denver-to-Colorado Springs area are bracing for the blizzard of the century.

So, what are my wife and I planning to do? Hopefully flying to San Francisco early this morning for a quick trip to Russian River for wine tasting. We booked the trip some months ago thinking the weather would be good. Sheesh.

So, instead of wine-tasting, we may be stuck at the Denver airport drinking Jamba juice and eating fast food.

Nonetheless, life is good.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Evening Pops. Evening Fellas and good evening to anybody who decided to show up and visit today. Just arrived here in Maryland so figured I would logon and say hello.

Happy belated Birthday Pops and thank you for posting that Sarge.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John and Jan, hope you guys all have a great week.

Everybody, have a great evening!
Welcome to the East Coast, ABQ!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Update to my post above. We offered $165K and the seller accepted! Home, home on the beach. Where the dolphins and red snappers play.
Congrats, Dix!! I was in the Bahamas for my honeymoon...otherwise, it would've been perfect! Gotta say, I thought about staying and maybe trying to make a living painting tourists' pictures on the beach or something.