FEATURED Morning Pops!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops and weekend revelers and hope you are out of the path of this really nasty storm. Going to get some rain here but think the baseball sized hail will miss us.

I last lived in OK and was very pleased to leave there for a variety of reasons but most of all that weather. Saw the most violent storms I have ever seen and the most amazing lightning. Not to mention a F3.

kskboys

Reaction score
I think I'm going to start doing crappy work so people won't hire me so much!!! I'm way too old to work these hours, but the youngsters just aren't doing a great job. What I keep hearing.

Young people need to take some brown nosing classes.

Xelda

Reaction score
Afternoon Pops and friends. Happy Anniversary to @ABQCOWBOY and Mrs. ABQ. Also Happy Anniversary next week to Coach (just in case). It's extremely sorrowful to hear your wife and son, Street. I wish you and everyone here nothing but the best going forward.

I didn't plan it, but yesterday took on cleaning, organizing and power washing my garage. I also planned to do some plumbing, but it was late. The water department put in a new cover on my water that looks Xelda proofed. I don't want to start when real plumbers commence to charging over time, so probably next week. I got one of my pups bathed and retired to yelp in pain every time I moved. Big day today of going to a graduation that's synced up with the coming storms. Be safe everyone that's in the path.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Afternoon Pops and everyone.

Everyone be safe in whatever tricky weather you're dealing with today. We're just getting off and on rain. Nothing exciting happening this weekend except that I have to work later this afternoon and first thing tomorrow morning, not that it's exciting. I'm a bit tired of this whole scene to be honest.. Oh yeah...one of our tenants here in the building tried to set their kitchen on fire today. I guess that was a little excitement.

Have a great rest of your weekend all.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Afternoon Pops and everyone.

Everyone be safe in whatever tricky weather you're dealing with today. We're just getting off and on rain. Nothing exciting happening this weekend except that I have to work later this afternoon and first thing tomorrow morning, not that it's exciting. I'm a bit tired of this whole scene to be honest.. Oh yeah...one of our tenants here in the building tried to set their kitchen on fire today. I guess that was a little excitement.

Have a great rest of your weekend all.
Good thing the rain was on when that tenant set their kitchen on fire.

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
Afternoon Pops and friends. Happy Anniversary to @ABQCOWBOY and Mrs. ABQ. Also Happy Anniversary next week to Coach (just in case). It's extremely sorrowful to hear your wife and son, Street. I wish you and everyone here nothing but the best going forward.

I didn't plan it, but yesterday took on cleaning, organizing and power washing my garage. I also planned to do some plumbing, but it was late. The water department put in a new cover on my water that looks Xelda proofed. I don't want to start when real plumbers commence to charging over time, so probably next week. I got one of my pups bathed and retired to yelp in pain every time I moved. Big day today of going to a graduation that's synced up with the coming storms. Be safe everyone that's in the path.

Good afternoon Pops and friends. Speaking of graduations. I’m invited to attend 3. One college and 2 high school. After checking my agenda it looks like I’ll only be able to attend one. Hopefully the weather won’t be a factor.

According to the weatherman, we’re supposed to get some bad weather this evening and they are hardly ever wrong lately.

Y’all be safe and don’t take any chances.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I think I'm going to start doing crappy work so people won't hire me so much!!! I'm way too old to work these hours, but the youngsters just aren't doing a great job. What I keep hearing.

Young people need to take some brown nosing classes.
Maybe we should create a phone app that does landscaping?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score

You're very kind, thank you. That really means a lot.

Xelda

Reaction score
Good afternoon Pops and friends. Speaking of graduations. I’m invited to attend 3. One college and 2 high school. After checking my agenda it looks like I’ll only be able to attend one. Hopefully the weather won’t be a factor.

According to the weatherman, we’re supposed to get some bad weather this evening and they are hardly ever wrong lately.

Y’all be safe and don’t take any chances.
Hope you and your loved ones are safe during the storms. The weather channel is reporting on a tornado a few cities away from us. I figure since it's still in Texas, it will stop at Dairy Queen for some supper and a pee break before continuing on it's path. Hope it dozes off and misses us entirely.
"Get in the basement." (In an Arnold Schwarzenegger voice)
Basements in Louisiana are basically laying down and putting some pine cones over yourself.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Good Monday morning, Pops and pen pals. The back is hurting slightly this morning after lugging a 20 foot extension ladder all around my house and repeatedly setting it up so I could clean my gutters out again. My ceilings are 12 ft. high inside the house and the back porch is over 3 ft. off the ground so the roof eaves are way up there. The oak and pine trees are lovely but they really fill up and clog up my gutters. I have gutter guards installed on part of the house, but need to finish the job before fall. Maybe I should say before I fall. At 74 years old that job is risky.

We are leaving for California tomorrow morning for our granddaughter's 8th grade graduation. I'll check in from time to time. Y'all have a good week.

Xelda

Reaction score
Afternoon Pops and friends. I hope everyone in the path of the storms this week will be safe. A Tor Con of 9 really gets my attention. You know it's bad when Jim Canatore and another popular weather guy are stationed in Oklahoma City, poor Oklahoma.

Yep Leon, you need to get the gutter guards installed and stop practicing to join the circus.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Evening Pops. Good evening Fellas and good evening to all who have stopped in and visited today. Sorry for being so late, I kinda got wrapped up and the day kinda got away from me.

Xelda, thank you for the well wishes and yes, it was a simple night out but I sure had a wonderful time. I think the Wife also had fun. Hopefully have a few more of those in front of me before it's all said and done.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, I hope you all had a great day. It's almost done for me so gonna finish up a few things here and then head out. You guys have a great evening!

Everybody, have a great evening!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops and Monday survivors. I've had a enough time to come to terms with the ending of Game of Thrones and found myself dangerously close to these people that are so incensed by this injustice. 1.4M signed a petition for HBO to re-write and produce the last season over and assume some signed that for fun but if this really upsets them, they need to take a hard look at real life and the people that need a do over on that.

What the hell, I am not over the ending of "The Yearling", "Old Yeller", "Saving Private Ryan" or "The Wild Bunch" yet to take on another ending. And those are movies not some silly TV show.

Have a happy Twofer Tuesday! Whatever you have, lest that be bad times, have a second just for the hell of it. I will have another suggestion for that special today tomorrow.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good morning Pops and Zoner Friends.

Welp, the best laid plans of mice and men... We planted our garden last week only to have about a foot of snow last night. The garden area will be a mudhole for a few days - so, not re-planting for several days.

Look, I love winter and snow as much, if not more, than the next but, Come-on Man! Enough of winter already!!

If it is any consolation, I am enjoying the fireplace a bit longer than usual