Mortensen: Elliott Suspension Upheld **merged**

superonyx

Reaction score
looks that way but the NLFPA signed away all their rights here,the judge must be convinced about absolute unfairness to grant a TRO.
Not true.
There are rights that cant be signed away in this country.
Wait until the texas courts are through with the NFL on this one.
These judges will not look kindly on the way the NFL conducts its own bias investigations and ignores the legal system they are now standing in front of.

superonyx

Reaction score

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Not true.
There are rights that cant be signed away in this country.
Wait until the texas courts are through with the NFL on this one.
These judges will not look kindly on the way the NFL conducts its own bias investigations and ignores the legal system they are now standing in front of.

It all is going to come down to some interpretation of the law governing unions, too. Fundamental fairness in dealing with unionized employees by the employer, and the upholding of the values negotiated in the CBA on good faith. Goodell has run afoul of both.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
It's not the NFL. Its society today. We've allowed it to get to the point where a woman's words mean more than facts.

He's suspended simply because she said he did it. Nothing more.
Over correction society will lead to no real changes ever. Things will just be done in the shadows like the election results show you. We can't have a society that goes too far any one way even if it's the side I agree with. It needs to be as fair as possible so people might complain but nobody regardless of race, gender, religion, etc can complain that they are being done wrong. I just seriously doubt we ever get to that point though in most matters unfortunately so the battles wage on

Silverstar

Reaction score
Zeke's lawyers don't know the difference between conscious and conscience. SMH

Yes, Henderson was indeed conscious when he made his decision as opposed to him being unconscious. Whether his conscience was bothering him at the time or after the fact is up for speculation though. ;)

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
If she doesn't show, why not? Why not come to court and sing it for the world?

If she DOES show, Kessler is going to eat her breakfast, lunch, and dinner money on the stand.

The NFL is so ****ed lol.

And one of their two medical "experts" lied so she didn't have to testify in the appeal. You think she wants to be under oath in a real court?

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
It's not that bad. The adversarial stuff I left behind. I'm just an in-house counsel who takes up veterans appeals pro bono now to make the world a little better place.
Hats off to you sir! Once my buddies case is over I'll have to tell you about it. Talk about corruption and lies yikes. Accusers should be charged with ruining someone's life

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
But in the appeals, Henderson was told that so he knew that Roberts stated she found her not very credible in interviews, that doesn't mean she wasn't hit...there's other evidence apparently matched up with other evidence collected and her written statement to conclude that more likely than not she suffered those injuries from Zeke and Henderson concluded that also..

That is debatable at best and IMO more likely than not. The NFL is hanging their hat on the pictures based on a couple of doctors reviewing pictures. Metadata can easily be manipulated and not easily detected when done so. And it does not help one of the doctors knew she could not handle being crossed so he played sick. In addition Friel told Goodell that she and Roberts were on the same page and she could speak for two of them. Which we know is 100% false.

Zordon

Reaction score
I think we overestimate this stuff being a distraction. The worst thing that will happen is that he'll miss 6 games at some point in the future.

The best part about hopefully having the injunction granted is that the NFL will now have to counter the NFLPA's assertions.

One way you can do that is to bring your star witness in to testify in court...and subsequently open her up to cross-examination.

They painted themselves into a corner. Goodell should've instructed his stooge Henderson to vacate the suspension, and then Goodell could blame Henderson as the fall guy since it was a "truly neutral arbitration" -- Henderson gets the pat on the back as neutral from the media and public, Zeke is cleared, and Goodell retains his authority without being dragged through court again.

BLISTERING INCOMPETENCE.
Let me ask you this if the TX judge grants the injunction where is the rest of the case held for the next year or so? Sherman? And is it the same judge?

superonyx

Reaction score
But in the appeals, Henderson was told that so he knew that Roberts stated she found her not very credible in interviews, that doesn't mean she wasn't hit...there's other evidence apparently matched up with other evidence collected and her written statement to conclude that more likely than not she suffered those injuries from Zeke and Henderson concluded that also..
Not according to the Leagues paid investigator or the 2 separate police departments who all interviewed her.