My Contract offer to Dak if I were GM

FanofJerry

Reaction score
9 QB's between Aikman and Romo over 5 or 6 years.

Aikman had all time talent surrounding him...but he won SB's so he is better than anyone that didnt win with a crap team. Sound math.

Jerry and Co. benched QB's that werent performing before...thats fact. So...Jerry is bad or good or what is the excuse?

Jerry road Romo and Dak...but since they didnt win...the QB's and Jerry are trash? Aikman would have won during the Romo and Dak years because he won previous SB's?

Does anything make sense?

Team stats to define individual players. Rank based on stats only matter in certain arguments. Side stepping and overlooking key points.

Does it ever end on this board?

Kwyn

Reaction score
He isn't worth anything more than that. He can feel anyway he wants about it but his performance shows that he isn't a difference maker and requires way more around him to actually be serviceable.
If you think he’s the worst quarterback in the league and should be paid as such then there’s not a point in even talking about what he should receive as an offer.

The worse QB in the league, which is what the salary you recommend matches, shouldn’t be on any team.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
If you think he’s the worst quarterback in the league and should be paid as such then there’s not a point in even talking about what he should receive as an offer.

The worse QB in the league, which is what the salary you recommend matches, shouldn’t be on any team.
Its win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal or pack your bags to these guys.

Basically...there is no in between. Rookie contract or be Michael Jordan.

What a great existence to create for others.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score

What a stupid bunch of bullcrap.

This will be Daks 3rd contract.

Your name shows all I need to see about your opinion.

stiletto

Reaction score

LOL. I don't know anyone that thinks like that. There's extremes for sure but most folks have reached a conclusion about Dak after his (ample opportunity) playoff performance. There is now substantial factual evidence for most that Dak is not a playoff type QB. Common sense says it is time to move on (if your ultimate goal is to win a Championship) and not give him a 3rd contract, even if he is a good/decent regular season QB. It's nothing personal towards Dak for me, it's just time to not repeat the same mistake anymore. Need to try to find the next guy who might not pee down his leg come playoff time.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
LOL. I don't know anyone that thinks like that. There's extremes for sure but most folks have reached a conclusion about Dak after his (ample opportunity) playoff performance. There is now substantial factual evidence for most that Dak is not a playoff type QB. Common sense says it is time to move on (if your ultimate goal is to win a Championship) and not give him a 3rd contract, even if he is a good/decent regular season QB. It's nothing personal towards Dak for me, it's just time to not repeat the same mistake anymore. Need to try to find the next guy who might not pee down his leg come playoff time.
the problem is the whole 28 years of evidence, untill things change at the top we will continue to have a team full of players who "Cant perform in the playoffs" hell this last one no one showed up for the game.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
What a stupid bunch of bullcrap.

This will be Daks 3rd contract.

Your name shows all I need to see about your opinion.
What did I suggest that is so stupid?

This board is over run with "Pro-Rookie Contract" supporters and "Anti-Pay Player" supporters.

The general standard is win a Super Bowl(team sport btw) or you arent worth QB money around here("rather have a rookie contract"). Lets do a zoom meeting and go over the threads together. I know I am right.

Its basically..."show us you are Michael Jordan on your rookie deal"

stiletto

Reaction score
the problem is the whole 28 years of evidence, untill things change at the top we will continue to have a team full of players who "Cant perform in the playoffs" hell this last one no one showed up for the game.
I don't disagree at all on that one but Dak is also going to shoulder a large portion of the blame making $50 million and playing the most important position on the field. That's just life. Comes with his job. He's kind of failed, what spark has he provided the team in big games? Need to try to find someone that will at QB, without question.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
At least you arent putting it all on Dak. You come across as reasonable.

I think its coaches not having a good game plan in post-season more than needing a Michael Jordan at QB.

Whole team was bad in Playoffs.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Nobody posting here is going to be more generous to Dak than JJ will end up being. I've seen what others have said they would offer him. Jerry will end up paying more.

Chasing6

Reaction score
4 year $180 million. Same as Cousins but I would Guarantee $100 while Cousins gets $90 Guaranteed.
That's a $5 Million per year raise from his previous Contract, 4 years $160 Million.
But I would add incentives to reach $50 Million:
$1 Million for Division Playoff Win
$2 Million for NFC Championship Win
$2 Million for Super Bowl Win

He has 2 Wild Card Playoff wins during his last contract.
A $5 Million per year raise for fairly mediocre results is more than reasonable.
If he looks a that as an insult, then I would let him play out the last year of his deal and deal with the consequences.
Funny part is you think GM Jethro is making Dak and offer.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
I don't disagree at all on that one but Dak is also going to shoulder a large portion of the blame making $50 million and playing the most important position on the field. That's just life. Comes with his job. He's kind of failed, what spark has he provided the team in big games? Need to try to find someone that will at QB, without question.
Thats a little more reasonable response. I agree that Dak asking for Max isnt going to help the team.

I am curious if harsh critics would keep Dak at a reasonable discount? But...you are saying there is no spark in playoffs....so that suggests you wouldnt take him for a discount or shouldnt if you were true to your suggestion.

My stance is...trying to find a clutch performer is probably more difficult than trying to win with Dak at a discount.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
yes its time to move on my problem is 28 years have shown its not going to change much because the problem is not only still here but also fixing the problem your talking about.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score

Please go and watch the first half of a GB game and the SF games - the guy is absolutely lost out there and can't direct the offense with any degree of competence. So yea, the worst QB's in the league play exactly like that.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Thats a little more reasonable response. I agree that Dak asking for Max isnt going to help the team.

I am curious if harsh critics would keep Dak at a reasonable discount? But...you are saying there is no spark in playoffs....so that suggests you wouldnt take him for a discount or shouldnt if you were true to your suggestion.

My stance is...trying to find a clutch performer is probably more difficult than trying to win with Dak at a discount.
Bigger problem is GM Jethro does not know how to build a team. He wants to win with 3 to 5 Superstars and minimal supporting cast.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Please go and watch the first half of a GB game and the SF games - the guy is absolutely lost out there and can't direct the offense with any degree of competence. So yea, the worst QB's in the league play exactly like that.
i actually rewatched last night, the first INT was clear PI the pass was on point....the second INT was bad and you could tell he and CD were not in sync and he threw it anyway..other than that he actually wasn't horrible some drops couple low throws...doesnt really matter though because this SQUAD laid another playoff egg in the worst way and Dak is a part of that and it needs to be fixed...Im not sold on the guy who has been fixing it for 28 years..

Kwyn

Reaction score
I agree that Dak has had ample opportunity to change the narrative. If his play in the playoffs was better, I’m not sure that would even be enough for fans, but fact is that he hasn’t performed when it counts most.

I disagree with both you and zrinkil that that there is not a sizable and loud portion of the Zone who are opposed to extending players after their rookie deal.

Look no further than Micah and CeeDee. There are many posters who want to trade them because they don’t want the team to pay market value and would much rather play fantasy draft with those picks and dream of the “next Micah”, rather than pay the one we have.

It’s like a weird mental illness. We eat our own like sharks or spiders.

There are fans who essentially buy into the idea that you need to burn it down every three or four years if Super Bowl isn’t imminent.

Bobhaze had a thread earlier talking about how Meridith retired and was essentially run out of town after going 1-3 in the playoffs.

It’s a story as old as time.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Bigger problem is GM Jethro does not know how to build a team. He wants to win with 3 to 5 Superstars and minimal supporting cast.
I would want my boss to pay well too...Im not hating on Jerry for that.

My current position is that the FO is putting quality groceries on the field. With the rookie contract talent McClay is finding...Jerry has a little room to pay players.

I have seen Youtube videos breaking down Dallas' roster contracts and that Jerry pays top dollar for more positions than other teams. Zeke contract was bad.

Its playoff coaching that I think is the problem. I like MM...think his offense is what Dallas has been needing. But the whole team failed in playoffs

stiletto

Reaction score

For me too much evidence against Dak. I feel I have given him a fair chance personally. To me I equate it to hiring a guy to paint the rooms in my house...and he ends up messing them all up pretty badly. After 5 times, that's enough...hiring someone else. For me the threshold is different. For some it might be 2 rooms....apparently for some it is UNLIMITED rooms. They'll just continue to hire him even at a discounted cost.

As far as discount, what's the point I guess? If your standards are winning Super Bowls and you know you can't win it after multiple tries with a guy that makes $50 million +, why bother? Why not build the team in other areas with that money and while trying other QB's. It might fail but it won't fail for "not looking".

Last edited:

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I agree that Dak has had ample opportunity to change the narrative. If his play in the playoffs was better, I’m not sure that would even be enough for fans, but fact is that he hasn’t performed when it counts most.

I disagree with both you and zrinkil that that there is not a sizable and loud portion of the Zone who are opposed to extending players after their rookie deal.

Look no further than Micah and CeeDee. There are many posters who want to trade them because they don’t want the team to pay market value and would much rather play fantasy draft with those picks and dream of the “next Micah”, rather than pay the one we have.

It’s like a weird mental illness. We eat our own like sharks or spiders.

There are fans who essentially buy into the idea that you need to burn it down every three or four years if Super Bowl isn’t imminent.

Bobhaze had a thread earlier talking about how Meridith retired and was essentially run out of town after going 1-3 in the playoffs.

It’s a story as old as time.
I want to trade CD and Micah because if we are going to hold players accountable for playoff success then hold them all accountable..those 2 dont show up for playoff games either..if they did i would be all about a huge second contract.