My Contract offer to Dak if I were GM

stiletto

Reaction score
I disagree with both you and zrinkil that that there is not a sizable and loud portion of the Zone who are opposed to extending players after their rookie deal.

Look no further than Micah and CeeDee. There are many posters who want to trade them because they don’t want the team to pay market value and would much rather play fantasy draft with those picks and dream of the “next Micah”, rather than pay the one we have.

It’s like a weird mental illness. We eat our own like sharks or spiders.

There are fans who essentially buy into the idea that you need to burn it down every three or four years if Super Bowl isn’t imminent.

Bobhaze had a thread earlier talking about how Meridith retired and was essentially run out of town after going 1-3 in the playoffs.

It’s a story as old as time.
I think a lot of people are annoyed with their playoff performances so far. (Micah/CeeDee)

Makes people at least reconsider the idea of handicapping the entire teams salary cap with players that choke/underperform come playoff time. I know none of the money is theirs but when players get big contracts, it affects the team 1-53. Some people recognize that.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I would want my boss to pay well too...Im not hating on Jerry for that.

My current position is that the FO is putting quality groceries on the field. With the rookie contract talent McClay is finding...Jerry has a little room to pay players.

I have seen Youtube videos breaking down Dallas' roster contracts and that Jerry pays top dollar for more positions than other teams. Zeke contract was bad.

It's playoff coaching that I think is the problem. I like MM...think his offense is what Dallas has been needing. But the whole team failed in playoffs
Look at how many 1 year minimum contract we add. Look how many rookies make our team(all of them). Look and see who has the most in undrafted free agents that make the roster.

We like to tell ourselves how great our scouting department is finding these players, but then we miss significant in the first 3 rounds.

When you over pay a few player, it is has to offset in other areas of your roster.

Example: If you have $40M to spend on WR group. What is the best way to spend it?

CD $30M and 5 other WR's average $2M?

What happens if CD gets hurt?

This is why we build in the draft, because we can't afford to do anything else, unless we finance our future, which Cap Boy does not want to do.

Kwyn

Reaction score
I want to trade CD and Micah because if we are going to hold players accountable for playoff success then hold them all accountable..those 2 dont show up for playoff games either..if they did i would be all about a huge second contract.
“Hold them all accountable”

What does that mean?

Burn down the team after each playoff loss?

Who played well against Green Bay? Are those the only ones we keep?

Score was 48-16 at one point.

Sounds like every player except Ferguson was bad and should be fired and he only did something when the game was way out of hand.

Certainly a defense that gives up 41 points before you know it should all be punished.

Oline? Lost the trenches and the offense was terrible. Get em out of here, Zack and Tyler included.

Being mad, to the point of dumping our star players, is just creating a self inflicted wound.

Also, if Micah and CeeDee are terrible in the clutch and shouldn’t be extended, then what is their trade value?

Regular season stars, who fail in the playoffs, according to common comments around here, is worth around a fourth round pick. That’s where Dak was selected after all.

Would you take a third or fourth for CeeDee or Micah?

Of course not, you’d demand two firsts most likely.

Think about how illogical the whole thing is.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Majority want QB's on cheap contracts unless you are Michael Jordan with 5 rings.

Same group pushing that...would be first in line to outbid everyone else for Brock Purdy's services.

Just total contradiction.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I want to trade CD and Micah because if we are going to hold players accountable for playoff success then hold them all accountable..those 2 dont show up for playoff games either..if they did i would be all about a huge second contract.
This is the best draft to trade a top WR in.

Why are we hearing rumors of the Niners trading Brandon Aiyuk?

Maybe it is because their GM knows what he will be asking for in his new contract will be detrimental to the TEAM.

Is 1 great WR better than 3 good WR's???

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
“Hold them all accountable”

What does that mean?

Burn down the team after each playoff loss?

Who played well against Green Bay? Are those the only ones we keep?

Score was 48-16 at one point.

Sounds like every player except Ferguson was bad and should be fired and he only did something when the game was way out of hand.

Certainly a defense that gives up 41 points before you know it should all be punished.

Oline? Lost the trenches and the offense was terrible. Get em out of here, Zack and Tyler included.

Being mad, to the point of dumping our star players, is just creating a self inflicted wound.

Also, if Micah and CeeDee are terrible in the clutch and shouldn’t be extended, then what is their trade value?

Regular season stars, who fail in the playoffs, according to common comments around here, is worth around a fourth round pick. That’s where Dak was selected after all.

Would you take a third or fourth for CeeDee or Micah?

Of course not, you’d demand two firsts most likely.

Think about how illogical the whole thing is.
I think your missing my point, once the players here get caught up in the "Cant win a playoff game" they can not correct it because the FO is not interested in doing what needs to be done to fix it...so after this has happened to them several times it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy. obviously we cant trade all of them but once its about "Bags of money" as these 2 stated on the pod cast..what should we expect?

Chasing6

Reaction score
I think your missing my point, once the players here get caught up in the "Cant win a playoff game" they can not correct it because the FO is not interested in doing what needs to be done to fix it...so after this has happened to them several times it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy. obviously we cant trade all of them but once its about "Bags of money" as these 2 stated on the pod cast..what should we expect?
Much more difficult to find a Micah than a top 5 WR. Especially in this draft.

If CD can get you 2 #1's and you save $30M, you could have 4 good WR's in exchange.

Draft 2 WR's and you could pay another 2 $15M each. This also protects you from injury. If you hit big one, when they want a new contract you trade them again.

That is how you build a team.

Cap Boy and GM Jethro only want to build from the draft and collect Comp Picks.

That is not going to get it done, EVER!!!

Keep an eye on what the Niners decide to do with Brandon Aiyuk. They are most likely have extension talks know. If he is asking for money that will be detrimental to the team as a whole, then he must be traded.

It does not mean he is not worth the money and has not earned it. However, you can not consistently with with 5 players and a bunch of scrubs.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Same excuse for Dak against the Rams in 2018 in the playoffs. Dak was 1 for 10 on third down conversions. Dallas put up 0 points in the second quarter. Dak in fact has a chance to put points on the board to end the half but took an awful sack for a loss of 8 yards on a 3rd and 7. The very next drive to start the third, 3 and out.
sack was hi fault? 250+ rushing yards given up was hi fault? 50 total rushing yards was his fault?

I am not absolving Dak. he is what he is. you want Elite, then you are barking up the wrong tree. but unlike you and a few like you I don't fault him 100% for everything. show me a QB that over came his defense giving up 250 rushing yards.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Same excuse for Dak against the Rams in 2018 in the playoffs. Dak was 1 for 10 on third down conversions. Dallas put up 0 points in the second quarter. Dak in fact has a chance to put points on the board to end the half but took an awful sack for a loss of 8 yards on a 3rd and 7. The very next drive to start the third, 3 and out.
Is the QB's job easier on 3rd and 4 or 3rd and 12?

So if Dak hands the ball off 3 times and we punt, that is his fault?

Jayinem

Reaction score
851776e9-6547-479f-828f-e21f7dbba60d_text.gif

Chasing6

Reaction score
Much more difficult to find a Micah than a top 5 WR. Especially in this draft.

If CD can get you 2 #1's and you save $30M, you could have 4 good WR's in exchange.

Draft 2 WR's and you could pay another 2 $15M each. This also protects you from injury. If you hit it big on one, when they want a new contract you trade them again and repeat the cycle.

That is how you build a team.

Cap Boy and GM Jethro only want to build from the draft and collect Comp Picks.

That is not going to get it done, EVER!!!

Keep an eye on what the Niners decide to do with Brandon Aiyuk. They are most likely having extension talks now. If he is asking for money that will be detrimental to the team as a whole, then he must be traded. Thank him for his services and wish him the best of luck.

It does not mean he is not worth the money and has not earned it. However, you can not consistently win with 5 players and a bunch of scrubs. Exactly what KC with Tyreke Hill.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Tim Tebow said he would come in and show dak how to play with heart. Dang ole Tim's playoff record is better than dak. wow.. :lmao:

khiladi

Reaction score
sack was hi fault? 250+ rushing yards given up was hi fault? 50 total rushing yards was his fault?

I am not absolving Dak. he is what he is. you want Elite, then you are barking up the wrong tree. but unlike you and a few like you I don't fault him 100% for everything. show me a QB that over came his defense giving up 250 rushing yards.
LOL... you spent around 5 years trying to tell me how I don't know about QB play and how Dak was the greatest thing since sliced bread... Why would I pander to your excuses for his garbage play now?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Jerry holds cards but it is a 2 and a 7 off suit in a game of Texas Hold Em. Dak is going to win regardless of what Jerry does because of the contract our idiot owner gave Dak 4 years ago. Jerry only wins if he finds a QB that can get us further than Dak which is a stretch when you consider Jerry will be in charge of finding that guy. In every scenario Dak wins. but who knows with Jerry. Depends on his ability to find a QB (lol).

Cut Dak right now - Dak would get scooped up immediately with a big contract from Minny, Denver, Las Vegas, etc. Dallas would have nothing at QB and hardly any draft capital to move up to find the next QB. Tons of dead cap space from Dak contract. = Dak winner

Try to trade Dak - Can't trade Dak unless he agrees to the trade. - Dak winner

Let Dak walk in free agency after 2024 - Dak signs a huge contract with another team and all we get is a 3rd round comp pick in 2026. Dumb and Dumber looking for a new QB for Dallas - Dak still has a big dead cap number - Dak is the winner

Sign Dak to an extension now or after the 2025 season - we will overpay for him and probably allow him to have the same dumb clauses in his contract - we may never see any success in postseason - Again, Dak is the winner
Denver did it already, their FO should be praised for at least making the right choice trying to move forward from the abysmal decision with Wilson.

khiladi

Reaction score

LOL... go back and look at the play by play and tell me if it was about Dak "handing it off" or Dak throwing ducks, until they were behind and Dallas went hurry up and the Rams were basically just playing for time?

Chasing6

Reaction score
LOL... go back and look at the play by play and tell me if it was about Dak "handing it off" or Dak throwing ducks, until they were behind and Dallas went hurry up and the Rams were basically just playing for time?
I believe you are referring to the game that Zeke ran the ball 20 times for 47 yards or 2.4 yards a carry. Total rushing yards by the team 50.

This is not setting up your QB for success.

The same game Rams ran for 273 yards,
3 TD's and 5.7 yards a carry.

Yes, this is considered setting up your QB for success.

Clearly Dak was out played. Not sure how I missed that. Thanks for reminding Sir.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
You would get a 3rd round comp pick for Dak......that comp pick would actually matter not a 6th ro 7th rounder you'd get for Armstrong....

Fans get too caught up in QB salary. It's become this weird scare tactic that I guess fans or media have created to justify whey their team sucks lol. I remember when people said they didn't want to pay Dak 40 million because you can't build a team around them. When will you guys realize QB salary doesn't stop you from building a team? Have you seen Jalen Hurts cap hits?
Jalen Hurts cap hits...
2023 - 6,154,286
2024 - 13,558,800
2025 - 21,769,800
2026 - 31,771,800
2027 - 41,832,800

stiletto

Reaction score
Majority want QB's on cheap contracts unless you are Michael Jordan with 5 rings.

Same group pushing that...would be first in line to outbid everyone else for Brock Purdy's services.

Just total contradiction.
There's an argument to be made that it isn't a terrible idea. The last six Super Bowls have had a quarterback on a cheap rookie deal, Purdy, Jalen Hurts (2023),Joe Burrow (2022), Mahomes (2020 and 2021) and Jared Goff, (2019).

khiladi

Reaction score
I believe you are referring to the game that Zeke ran the ball 20 times for 47 yards or 2.4 yards a carry. Total rushing yards by the team 50.

This is not setting up your QB for success.

The same game Rams ran for 273 yards,
3 TD's and 5.7 yards a carry.

Yes, this is considered setting up your QB for success.

Clearly Dak was out played. Not sure how I missed that. Thanks for reminding Sir.
That's really not what I asked you, was it... What I stated was the following,

Let's go to the second drive for example:

Dak throws
Zeke runs
Dak throws
Dak throws
Punt

Let's go the third drive for example:

Zeke truns
Dak throws
Dak throws
Punt

Let's go to the 4th drive in hurry up.. The last series of that drive:

Zeke runs
Dak throws
Dak takes a sack

Lets go to the 5th drive to open up the third quarter:

Zeke runs
Dak throws
Dak throws punts

Now please tell me about your assertion that Zeke was constantly running it into third and long is true, considrering Dak was throwing on SECOND AND THIRD DOWN THE MAJORITY OF THE FIRST HALF? Of course we all know that in 2018, defenses were still focused on stopping the run with Zeke and the reality is Dak couldn't make them pay, which explains the 1-10 third down conversion rate. He only was able to get past it when they went hurry up, not sit back in the pocket and make plays to sustain drives.

Now let's go back to what you stated:

Please spare me that you weren't defending Dak on a bogus claim that we kept running the ball into third and longs and that it was the teams fault for not setting up Dak for success, both completely untrue. The Rams defense focused their efforts on stopping Zeke and Dak, as usual sucked like he's consistently done in the play-offs. He was the one that failed the team, like he's always been doing.

Last edited:

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Jalen Hurts cap hits...
2023 - 6,154,286
2024 - 13,558,800
2025 - 21,769,800
2026 - 31,771,800
2027 - 41,832,800
in 2028 they have a potential out year that would cost them 47mill plus 7.7mill in dead cap..
2029 cap hit is 97mill and they keep comming through 2032 at lesser amounts...its almost structured exactly like Dak's low to start then builds up..diference is the Eagles FO is trying to make moves while the cap hit is low.