My Contract offer to Dak if I were GM

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Exactly. It's to the point of an annoyance when QB salary is brought up. Especially know that if Dak did take a pay cut all the Cowboys would do was give it to some broken down linebacker like Jaylen Smith.
yup the "Contract" posts are just letting the Jones off the hook...Move on from Dak im good with that..to get nothing but a 2 year cap hit for him in a QB starved league is criminal..hell look what Philly got for Wentz, thats why people who know football laugh at anyone who can not understand what the problem with this franchise is...

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Not sure I understand what you're getting at there? Hurts cost $13M against the cap this season. I would imagine that Philly is going to have some significant issues when they get to 2027. If Philly isnt making a deep playoff run the next few years I imagine they'll be having the exact same conversation on their forums that Cowboy fans are having today.
Dak is making 20 million more than Hurts, Brown, Smith, and Barkley combined next year.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Dak is making 20 million more than Hurts, Brown, Smith, and Barkley combined next year.
Next year ....again explain the 7 years before... again when this FO had money what FA's did they sign with it? Take Dak's name out of it and explain this FO's handling of the cap and how they sign FA's...

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Not sure I understand what you're getting at there? Hurts cost $13M against the cap this season. I would imagine that Philly is going to have some significant issues when they get to 2027. If Philly isnt making a deep playoff run the next few years I imagine they'll be having the exact same conversation on their forums that Cowboy fans are having today.
My point is Jalen Hurts signed a 255 million dollar deal...yet his cap hit this year is 13 million...and in 2027? It's 45 million...and in 2027? The salary cap will be so huge that 45 million will be nothing.

ErikWilliamsHeadSlap

Reaction score
Where is Dak realistically going to go if not in Dallas? Giants? Broncos? Vegas? Vikings? Saints? And how does his endorsements change when he goes somewhere else? And how will it effect his business opportunities post career? He has to think about that and not just temporarily setting the market just for kicks and for his ego and for his agent's rep. But if he isn't thinking that far forward, then yeah, he most likely has the best hand.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Next year ....again explain the 7 years before... again when this FO had money what FA's did they sign with it? Take Dak's name out of it and explain this FO's handling of the cap and how they sign FA's...
These guys think logical until DAk's name is bought up then all of a sudden logic and common sense goes out the window and they start trolling.

starfan1

Reaction score
your asking alot hes a one trick pony! and a poor one at that

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
I am holding on to me position that running teh football and stopping the run is the only way Dak every wins a Super Bowl in Dallas.
I couldn't agree more with this. SF gave us the blueprint. A few additions to the defensive trenches and it's truly elite. Bring in a couple of OL, find a good RB, and we have a contender for the east with a halfway decent QB. If we get lucky and find a good one, we're in business.
Decent game against SF?
23/43 254 1/1 with no run game against an elite defense in hostile territory isn't bad. Decent may be generous, but he didn't soil the sheets like he did against the Packers.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Where is Dak realistically going to go if not in Dallas? Giants? Broncos? Vegas? Vikings? Saints? And how does his endorsements change when he goes somewhere else? And how will it effect his business opportunities post career? He has to think about that and not just temporarily setting the market just for kicks and for his ego and for his agent's rep. But if he isn't thinking that far forward, then yeah, he most likely has the best hand.
this is the thinking that keeps the Jones as the laughing stock of players who are in FA.."Take my offer to play for us because we are the Cowboys"..again take Dak's name out of it and explain how this would work when asking a player too take less money...I not even arguing is Dak good or bad ..I'm saying players WILL NOT take a pay cut to play here instead of somewhere else...

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Our FO sucks.

I’m not arguing that.

Dak sucks too though.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I don't care what Dak makes. He needs to go. If all he's going to do is not show up for playoff games then we're better off without him. I don't know how he can hold anybody hostage the way he's been playing. We're not winning next year with or without him. Probably better playing Lance and really tank so we can get a top pick.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Endorsements aren't just given to Dallas players lol. Baker got commercials playing for the Cleveland......BRowns lol.

Teams need quarterbacks every year. This year the Falcons neededed one. New positions will open up next year.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I don't care what Dak makes. He needs to go. If all he's going to do is not show up for playoff games then we're better off without him. I don't know how he can hold anybody hostage the way he's been playing. We're not winning next year with or without him. Probably better playing Lance and really tank so we can get a top pick.
and that would be a plan...so your now giving this FO way too much credit..they dont have a plan.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Well the argument is Dak is 30 years old. This team has been losing for 28 years. Now we can blame Dak for last year and the year before....hell we can blame him for everything that's wrong since 2016.....but what's 2010's excuse? What's 2004's excuse? What's 1999's excuse?

As far as tanking goes....you tank by trading Lamb and Micah. You trade your best players to tank.

bottleKids

Reaction score
Lol you guys are ridiculous. I guess you walk into car dealerships and say "Tell u what pardner, I'll give you $10k below your asking price, take it or leave it!!!"

You don't have to like it, but there is a bid-up market for QBs in the NFL and there is nothing you can do about it.

And you don't walk into a dealership "that car is worth 35k but here let me give you 55k"

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
and that would be a plan...so your now giving this FO way too much credit..they dont have a plan.
I don't believe they'll do it because our FO is incompetent. I think they'll probably give in to him. It's the same thing they did with Garrett. Most of us knew he was mediocre after about 3 or 4 years. Jerry and son never learn their lessons. That's why we haven't done anything in nearly 30 years.

bottleKids

Reaction score
Well the argument is Dak is 30 years old. This team has been losing for 28 years. Now we can blame Dak for last year and the year before....hell we can blame him for everything that's wrong since 2016.....but what's 2010's excuse? What's 2004's excuse? What's 1999's excuse?

As far as tanking goes....you tank by trading Lamb and Micah. You trade your best players to tank.
I agree with you on all of this... Dak can only be blamed for the things he can in a way control, but the bigger issue is larger and organizational. We all know the answer who is to blame...

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I couldn't agree more with this. SF gave us the blueprint. A few additions to the defensive trenches and it's truly elite. Bring in a couple of OL, find a good RB, and we have a contender for the east with a halfway decent QB. If we get lucky and find a good one, we're in business.

23/43 254 1/1 with no run game against an elite defense in hostile territory isn't bad. Decent may be generous, but he didn't soil the sheets like he did against the Packers.
Those numbers are poor. And the game was in Dallas.
Prior to the final drive where SF was playing off, he was 20/40 - 50% (awful), for 226 yds - 5.65 YPA (awful). Total passer rating - 69.3 (awful).
The game the following year in SF was even worse.