My Contract offer to Dak if I were GM

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
Those numbers are poor. And the game was in Dallas.
Prior to the final drive where SF was playing off, he was 20/40 - 50% (awful), for 226 yds - 5.65 YPA (awful). Total passer rating - 69.3 (awful).
The game the following year in SF was even worse.
Whatever you say, man. Regardless, my argument is that we need better than mediocre QB play in the playoffs to justify paying the man $50m or more annually. I don't imagine you disagree with this.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
There's no comparison...the point was understanding the cap and understanding cap hits and the salary cap expanding.

Also Cowboys franchise tagged Dak which is why he when too the 4 year deal. When he tried to sign a 5 year deal they wanted to play hardball.
Absolute BS.

Dak was offered contracts on two occasions, both which would have made him the highest paid QB. He refused entirely because they were the standard five year deals and he wanted a four year deal. The myth that the Cowboys dragged their feet with Dak is just that, a myth.

I know you like to dumb things down to the lowest common dominator, but "understanding the cap hits AND the salary cap expanding" involves looking at the big picture and not just the most basic aspect.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
4 year $180 million. Same as Cousins but I would Guarantee $100 while Cousins gets $90 Guaranteed.
That's a $5 Million per year raise from his previous Contract, 4 years $160 Million.
But I would add incentives to reach $50 Million:
$1 Million for Division Playoff Win
$2 Million for NFC Championship Win
$2 Million for Super Bowl Win

He has 2 Wild Card Playoff wins during his last contract.
A $5 Million per year raise for fairly mediocre results is more than reasonable.
If he looks a that as an insult, then I would let him play out the last year of his deal and deal with the consequences.
France would not return your call. Dak would get more money as a free agent. He is 5 years younger then Cousins.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Absolute BS.

Dak was offered contracts on two occasions, both which would have made him the highest paid QB. He refused entirely because they were the standard five year deals and he wanted a four year deal. The myth that the Cowboys dragged their feet with Dak is just that, a myth.

I know you like to dumb things down to the lowest common dominator, but "understanding the cap hits AND the salary cap expanding" involves looking at the big picture and not just the most basic aspect.
According to who? Because the Jones boys TOLD you this lol?

Loso86

Reaction score
4 year $180 million. Same as Cousins but I would Guarantee $100 while Cousins gets $90 Guaranteed.
That's a $5 Million per year raise from his previous Contract, 4 years $160 Million.
But I would add incentives to reach $50 Million:
$1 Million for Division Playoff Win
$2 Million for NFC Championship Win
$2 Million for Super Bowl Win

He has 2 Wild Card Playoff wins during his last contract.
A $5 Million per year raise for fairly mediocre results is more than reasonable.
If he looks a that as an insult, then I would let him play out the last year of his deal and deal with the consequences.
Lmao why would he take that when worse players are making more or about to be lol

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You and your ilk are going from thread to thread attacking anyone who says anything positive about Dak.
In your case it was humor but as a member here I have the right to post in any thread I like unless the rules have changed.
Now buy the site and set up your own set of rules and trust me I will be the first member to delete my account.
Hey if you can't take the heat bud ......................Guess you miss the days when we beat up on dog teams and Dak was great?

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
the 7 years before we were able to sign the majority of our guys, for example Zeke and Lawrence, now we can’t sign or afford Tyron, Biadiz, Armstrong, Pollard, we couldn’t even keep Hankins…who probably signed another one year 1.3 million contract
but we didnt win we "Signed our guys" thats the point this FO will NOT do what needs to be done in FA to win a trophy..thats my whole point..its not about the cap its about this FO's plan to build..

CowboyChris

Reaction score
Depends on how they manage it. If they constantly restructure like the Cowboys have done with Dak those 2027/2028 hits will be significant. The issue with Dak's deal isn't the fact that he got paid, it's the terms of the deal and how Jerry/Stephen have handled it.
what makes you think it would be any different this time, and add Micah, CeeDee, and Diggs

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
In your case it was humor but as a member here I have the right to post in any thread I like unless the rules have changed.
Now buy the site and set up your own set of rules and trust me I will be the first member to delete my account.
Hey if you can't take the heat bud ......................Guess you miss the days when we beat up on dog teams and Dak was great?
Feel free to do what you want. All I said was no personal attacks. Take it how you will. :laugh:

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
OL? Absolutely

LB? Nah

QB? HA! This is the one position they don’t even try at for some reason.
they found players who won a SB or players who had good individual stats..your not crazy enough to step into this with what Romo and Dak have done in the reg season...Romo and Dak have achieved individual stats just like Zak and Tyron and Zeke and the rest..NONE have won anything in 28 years..right or wrong?

CowboyChris

Reaction score
but we didnt win we "Signed our guys" thats the point this FO will NOT do what needs to be done in FA to win a trophy..thats my whole point..its not about the cap its about this FO's plan to build..
i’m not disagreeing with you, but we’re in worse shape now, we couldn’t keep or sign hardly anyone, where as before we could

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Feel free to do what you want. All I said was no personal attacks. Take it how you will. :laugh:
Unless you're Dak Prescott and a member here the so-called attacks are only in your head.
Sorry, but it is what it is bud...........

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Absolute BS.

they offered him a 5 year deal in 2020..in 2019 he would have taken a long contract but the Jones said "Anything close to 40 mill isnt going to happen" so again this isnt wether you like Dak or not..THEY liked Dak but instead of being smart about his contract they drug it out then signed him to a record setting shorter contract because they are BAD AT THIS...if your sold on your QB you lock him up as soon as possible..if your not you move on as soon as possible with a trade so you get something.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
i’m not disagreeing with you, but we’re in worse shape now, we couldn’t keep or sign hardly anyone, where as before we could
we could there is literally 50 mill of space sitting there without touching Dak's contract..they are choosing to do this, who knows why...

Dorsett33

Reaction score
LOL Why?
Couldn't win when he had an awesome team with his rookie deal.?????????????????????
Offer NOTHING!!!!!
The sooner he leaves the faster we are headed to the SUPERBOWL!!!!
That logic makes no sense...the sooner he's gone that faster we're going to the SB? Lmao