My Contract offer to Dak if I were GM

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
My point is Jalen Hurts signed a 255 million dollar deal...yet his cap hit this year is 13 million...and in 2027? It's 45 million...and in 2027? The salary cap will be so huge that 45 million will be nothing.
Depends on how they manage it. If they constantly restructure like the Cowboys have done with Dak those 2027/2028 hits will be significant. The issue with Dak's deal isn't the fact that he got paid, it's the terms of the deal and how Jerry/Stephen have handled it.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Well the argument is Dak is 30 years old. This team has been losing for 28 years. Now we can blame Dak for last year and the year before....hell we can blame him for everything that's wrong since 2016.....but what's 2010's excuse? What's 2004's excuse? What's 1999's excuse?

As far as tanking goes....you tank by trading Lamb and Micah. You trade your best players to tank.
I've always said that Jerry's the real problem., Unfortunately we can't get rid of him. Romo choked. Dak's choking. Time to move on to the next one. He'll probably do the same but at least it will be something new. We have to be entertained. lol

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I've always said that Jerry's the real problem., Unfortunately we can't get rid of him. Romo choked. Dak's choking. Time to move on to the next one. He'll probably do the same but at least it will be something new. We have to be entertained. lol
I vote we don’t put our franchise in the hands of 4th rounder/undrafted loser at the most important position.

I’d like to try that approach for once.

We’ve not done it since Aikman. It’s time.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I vote we don’t put our franchise in the hands of 4th rounder/undrafted loser at the most important position.

You just said Aikman was overrated now you want us to get another Aikman? Make up your mind.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score

It would be different. This is a QB league anymore and Jerry just doesn't respect the position or he's too incompetent to try to get one.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
It would be different. This is a QB league anymore and Jerry just doesn't respect the position or he's too incompetent to try to get one.
I think Jerry was fooled into thinking he found the next Brady just because Romo and Dak overachieved relative to their draft position and has wasted the past 15ish years because it.

movaughn88

Reaction score
Just because someone is telling you to pay something for a lousy QB doesn't mean you need to run out and pay it. The money isn't going to transform Dak into something he is not.
Trust me, you can have the opinion that Dak is a "lousy QB" but NFL personnel that have spent most of their lives evaluating players and are paid millions of dollars to have opinions on this very topic, very much disagree with you. If you're okay sounding ridiculous, go right ahead!

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Depends on how they manage it. If they constantly restructure like the Cowboys have done with Dak those 2027/2028 hits will be significant. The issue with Dak's deal isn't the fact that he got paid, it's the terms of the deal and how Jerry/Stephen have handled it.
100%!!!!

CowboyChris

Reaction score
You would get a 3rd round comp pick for Dak......that comp pick would actually matter not a 6th ro 7th rounder you'd get for Armstrong....

Fans get too caught up in QB salary. It's become this weird scare tactic that I guess fans or media have created to justify whey their team sucks lol. I remember when people said they didn't want to pay Dak 40 million because you can't build a team around them. When will you guys realize QB salary doesn't stop you from building a team? Have you seen Jalen Hurts cap hits?
when you have to pay 60 million to Dak, 30-35 each for Micah and CeeDee that’s roughly half your cap…then you start to worry, unfortunately this group of players failed us in the playoffs the last 2 years, so why pay them and leave nothing to fill the rest of the roster, including depth!

a trade of some of these will give you a ton of draft capital thus we could fill out a roster, not just try to add a cheap band aid all over the place

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
when you have to pay 60 million to Dak, 30-35 each for Micah and CeeDee that’s roughly half your cap…then you start to worry, unfortunately this group of players failed us in the playoffs the last 2 years, so why pay them and leave nothing to fill the rest of the roster, including depth!

a trade of some of these will give you a ton of draft capital thus we could fill out a roster, not just try to add a cheap band aid all over the place
This is what I'm getting at though. The salary cap doesn't stay the same. You also don't know what the salary cap is. It doesn't matter how much players get paid it matters how much they cost against your cap. What percentage. Dak's cap hit won't b 60 million every year.....LAmb's won't be 30 million...

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
My point is Jalen Hurts signed a 255 million dollar deal...yet his cap hit this year is 13 million...and in 2027? It's 45 million...and in 2027? The salary cap will be so huge that 45 million will be nothing.
Terrible comparison.

Hurts' deal was for 5 years instead of the 4 years that Dak insisted on.

Hurts accepted a 23 million signing bonus instead of the 66 million Dak got.

He worked with the team to both get paid and allow room for the team to work with the cap, just like Mahomes did. Dak played hardball to get both the bag and to ensure he would get another crack at it sooner rather than later. Which is why they are looking at an astronomical cap hit this season.

A four year deal was unheard of for a QB until Dak refused to accept anything else.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
Next year ....again explain the 7 years before... again when this FO had money what FA's did they sign with it? Take Dak's name out of it and explain this FO's handling of the cap and how they sign FA's...
the 7 years before we were able to sign the majority of our guys, for example Zeke and Lawrence, now we can’t sign or afford Tyron, Biadiz, Armstrong, Pollard, we couldn’t even keep Hankins…who probably signed another one year 1.3 million contract

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is what I'm getting at though. The salary cap doesn't stay the same. You also don't know what the salary cap is. It doesn't matter how much players get paid it matters how much they cost against your cap. What percentage. Dak's cap hit won't b 60 million every year.....LAmb's won't be 30 million...
LOL...............This is where you belong.
No problem bud...............

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Terrible comparison.

Hurts' deal was for 5 years instead of the 4 years that Dak insisted on.

Hurts accepted a 23 million signing bonus instead of the 66 million Dak got.

He worked with the team to both get paid and allow room for the team to work with the cap, just like Mahomes did. Dak played hardball to get both the bag and to ensure he would get another crack at it sooner rather than later. Which is why they are looking at an astronomical cap hit this season.

A four year deal was unheard of for a QB until Dak refused to accept anything else.
There's no comparison...the point was understanding the cap and understanding cap hits and the salary cap expanding.

Also Cowboys franchise tagged Dak which is why he when too the 4 year deal. When he tried to sign a 5 year deal they wanted to play hardball.