My Contract offer to Dak if I were GM

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
2016 team was stacked. That was a Super Bowl team. He could not win in the playoffs with that team. I know he was a rookie. Which is why Romo should have been given his starting job back after he was healthy. With Romo they win that year. Then dak could have sat behind Romo a cple years. Imagine how much better he would be

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
That logic makes no sense...the sooner he's gone that faster we're going to the SB? Lmao
it makes perfect sense.

The conditions surrounding Dak right now would require him to be the first QB ever under his conditions (4th rounder, 9 years in on the team that drafted him, over 30 years old, and taking up the majority of the cap) to win a Super Bowl.

It is astronomically more likely that the Cowboys move on and win a Super Bowl without Dak than it is for Dak to ever win a Super Bowl with the Cowboys.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
2016 team was stacked. That was a Super Bowl team. He could not win in the playoffs with that team. I know he was a rookie. Which is why Romo should have been given his starting job back after he was healthy. With Romo they win that year. Then dak could have sat behind Romo a cple years. Imagine how much better he would be
2010,2014...was Romo going to teach him the playoff winning ways he had before 2016?..from what i saw Romo could not unlock the secret of how to overcome this FO either...

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
it makes perfect sense.

The conditions surrounding Dak right now would require him to be the first QB ever under his conditions (4th rounder, 9 years in on the team that drafted him, over 30 years old, and taking up the majority of the cap) to win a Super Bowl.

It is astronomically more likely that the Cowboys move on and win a Super Bowl without Dak than it is for Dak to ever win a Super Bowl with the Cowboys.
if they change the way they build a team ..MAYBE..but until they do I have 28 years that says your dead wrong..

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
they offered him a 5 year deal in 2020..in 2019 he would have taken a long contract but the Jones said "Anything close to 40 mill isnt going to happen" so again this isnt wether you like Dak or not..THEY liked Dak but instead of being smart about his contract they drug it out then signed him to a record setting shorter contract because they are BAD AT THIS...if your sold on your QB you lock him up as soon as possible..if your not you move on as soon as possible with a trade so you get something.
They offered him 32/year in 2019, then 35/year in spring of 2020, which would have made him the highest paid QB in the league. Do you have a source verifying he would have taken the longer deal in 2019? Everything I have read tells a different story.

I'm not sure how offering to make him the highest paid player in league history is dragging their feet, or being BAD AT THIS. It's more like Dak and his agent knew the market would only increase and he chose to "bet on himself", (remember that mantra being espoused over and over here?) both letting the market price go up and then holding out for an unprecedented 4 year deal.

The big mistake the Jones made was caving and giving him the contract that has them in this current situation.

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
2010,2014...was Romo going to teach him the playoff winning ways he had before 2016?..from what i saw Romo could not unlock the secret of how to overcome this FO either...
Re 2016 teams was better than those teams. 2016 was when the online was at its best. With the time he would have had and romos accuracy. He would have picked everyone apart

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
They offered him 32/year in 2019, then 35/year in spring of 2020, which would have made him the highest paid QB in the league. Do you have a source verifying he would have taken the longer deal in 2019? Everything I have read tells a different story.

I'm not sure how offering to make him the highest paid player in league history is dragging their feet, or being BAD AT THIS. It's more like Dak and his agent knew the market would only increase and he chose to "bet on himself", (remember that mantra being espoused over and over here?) both letting the market price go up and then holding out for an unprecedented 4 year deal.

The big mistake the Jones made was caving and giving him the contract that has them in this current situation.
your trying to fit what you feel about Dak into how they should negotiate it..what im saying is THEY were sold on Dak as the Franchise QB, regardless of whether he is/was or isnt/wasn't...they played chicken with the QB they wanted to be thier franchise QB..gave them selves no option B's and found out the hard way that is not how to negotiate with the QB you want as your Franchise QB..again this has nothing to do with wether we view Dak as good or bad and what he "Should" take...the Jones WERE ALWAYS going to pay him, if they would've paid him in 2019 then yeah his contract terms would've been WAY better at near 40..true or false? again this has nothign to do with how anyone but the Jones feel about Dak in 2019...and yes the same reports from "Insiders" that talk about 2020 also talked about 2019 AND Stephen was on record saying both "We want Dak Prescott signed long term AND it will be no where near 40 mill" both are bad negotiating startegies if your sold on signing this QB..

Dorsett33

Reaction score
Somebody explain this to me:

We constantly get gashed in the running game. A mediocre to good offensive line. No running game. Decent Safeties. Mediocre coaching yet....we aren't going to the SB because of Dak? Lol. The offense still was one of the highest scoring offenses in the league despite not a really good o-line or a running game. Yet...we wan to get rid of Dak. It makes no sense at all. There were only 4 QBs that won SBs in the last 10 years. Yeah they only won a couple playoff games, but that also was the case with Romo, who I liked a lot. Both had good teams...but as a team, they failed in the playoffs, whether it was offense, defense, special teams or coaching. The Cowboys need to fix holes on both sides of the ball and Dak is not one of them...period.

khiladi

Reaction score
giphy.gif

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Re 2016 teams was better than those teams. 2016 was when the online was at its best. With the time he would have had and romos accuracy. He would have picked everyone apart
the 2016 line was better than the 2014 line?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
4 year $180 million. Same as Cousins but I would Guarantee $100 while Cousins gets $90 Guaranteed.
That's a $5 Million per year raise from his previous Contract, 4 years $160 Million.
But I would add incentives to reach $50 Million:
$1 Million for Division Playoff Win
$2 Million for NFC Championship Win
$2 Million for Super Bowl Win

He has 2 Wild Card Playoff wins during his last contract.
A $5 Million per year raise for fairly mediocre results is more than reasonable.
If he looks a that as an insult, then I would let him play out the last year of his deal and deal with the consequences.
wait.

if it was me, I would say heck no. I am guaranteed 60M this year. and can be FA next year and lets say I can sign for 50M for next 3 years. that's 210M. you are only guaranteeing 100M? that's only 40M more than you guaranteed me now!
even if I get 40M minimum in the market next year, I make the 100M in 2 years....and still have a chance to make more the following years after that!!!
but you want me to take 180M for the next 4?

and 1M for division playoff win? really!? you pay me 3M per game for regular season, but 1M for playoff win?

sorry a hard pass. good luck.

now what are you going to do?

khiladi

Reaction score
Somebody explain this to me:

We constantly get gashed in the running game. A mediocre to good offensive line. No running game. Decent Safeties. Mediocre coaching yet....we aren't going to the SB because of Dak? Lol. The offense still was one of the highest scoring offenses in the league despite not a really good o-line or a running game. Yet...we wan to get rid of Dak. It makes no sense at all. There were only 4 QBs that won SBs in the last 10 years. Yeah they only won a couple playoff games, but that also was the case with Romo, who I liked a lot. Both had good teams...but as a team, they failed in the playoffs, whether it was offense, defense, special teams or coaching. The Cowboys need to fix holes on both sides of the ball and Dak is not one of them...period.
Go back and look at the amount of points Andy Dalton put up against bad teams with a way worse OL in 2020 to end the season...

ZekeTrain

Reaction score
The offer should be show us you can win in the postseason this year or move on next year.

khiladi

Reaction score
Don't forget a prime Zeke who was averaging over 5 YPC ON FIRST DOWN... the big chunk, play-action yardage plays would have been insane...