My last plea to Jerry is do not sign Dak

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Dak was 6-11 in his last 17 games. Not sure why he is worth 35-40 mil . Now after his injury , it is even arguable he will be slower and will be more susceptible to injuries. No thanks. with an atrocious defense like the cowboys have , the money should go on that side. just see what the bucs did with a stout DL
I didn’t know Dak played defense and special teams and also coaches. Who knew?

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Dak isn't a bad QB, but the guy hasn't won anything that makes him worth 37 million. What has he won? Good guy, but the dude will not bring us a ring.

I know this thread is similar to previous threads, but I beg of you Jerry. Do NOT sign him to a new contract. I'm good with a QB in draft and having him learn behind Dalton for a year or two. Dalton is cheaper and almost as efficient.
Too late. Jerry has already said publicly that DAK is a Cowboy, that he will be signed or tagged.
Jerry is not a man to do the opposite of what he says and be called a liar. He will not change his mind. Whether DAK is signed long term or for one year, he is the QB for 2021....period.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
With the 5th best defense based on points allowed, the team was 13-3 in 2016.

HungryLion

Reaction score
But most Dak lovers do give Dak credit for the team’s record when it fits their agenda. Dak’s rookie season being a good example.

There are some sure.

there are also some critics who, when the team was winning would say “Well Dak can’t throw for over 200 yards”.

So I think this critique does cut both ways.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dak isn't a bad QB, but the guy hasn't won anything that makes him worth 37 million. What has he won? Good guy, but the dude will not bring us a ring.

I know this thread is similar to previous threads, but I beg of you Jerry. Do NOT sign him to a new contract. I'm good with a QB in draft and having him learn behind Dalton for a year or two. Dalton is cheaper and almost as efficient.
You don’t have to win anything, to be a winner. That’s your first mistake. It’s about team scheme. And that’s what we were lacking. Make no mistake about it Prescott is a winner

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
People held Romo and White to that standard. Why not Dak?
Romo had everything he could possibly have wanted to win a Super Bowl. He was a choke artist. He’s doing it again in the booth

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I am not saying Dak should be signed, but Dalton is no more than a good back up. Spending $15 on Dalton is worse than spending $37M on Dak. I would rather they rolled with Gilbert.
You pay your quarterback and you let the rest of the team struggle for dollars that’s how you win in this league. Ask The guy up in New England

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Does Dak play defense or special teams? Dak had the #1 offense in spite of Zeke Dak haters would do a 180 if this was prime Aikman or Romo. Romo got paid. Did you complain then?
People forget we had the worst special teams in the league. I think we only started one drive on the opponents side of the field.