My view on what's happening with Dak

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You just can't handle knowing very well Dak is going to be around for more years to come and get paid extremely well. It's eating you up. Quite entertaining actually. lol

Yap yap.
Yep. My criticism of Dak Prescott ever since he became a Dallas Cowboy is so overwhelming. Anyone can use the site's Search feature and find post after post after post of me just dogging Prescott out. Yes sir!

The above can be proven by any member here to be a lie. On the other hand, any member can do a simple search of America's Cowboy post for simply the last MONTH and find too many examples of your holy siege against non-Prescott disciples.

Yap yap. Wait. Let's juice up the yap back. Allow me to type a single name:

Romo

1time4urMind

Reaction score
I have zero doubt that the Cowboys want to keep Dak. Fisher keeps saying, well if you love him as you say, then sign him. Well, it aint that simple.

If signing Dak today means giving Dak 60 million per season, say 4 years 240 million, Dallas doesn't think he's worth that. I agree with that assessment. So why would they sign the guy for that kind of money when they think that is too much. So they let him play this coming season and Dak goes 11-6, or maybe even 12-5 again, and then he lays an egg and we lose the 1st playoff game again. You think anyone would give him 60 million a year if that happens? I dont.

So at that point, lets say he gets 53 million per... then it was a win for thr FO for not giving in to his ridiculous current demand of 60 million.

But, lets say Dak has another MVP worthy season and takes us to the NFC title game. If that were to happen, Dallas would gladly pony up 60 million per season. If all things are equal, Dak is not bolting Dallas to go play for city XXX. His agent isnt stupid. Dak gets massive endorsement deals playing for Dallas that he would never get playing for city XXX. So IMO, he would take the deal with Dallas over team X... if the dollars are close.

It is a win, win for our FO. If Dak stumbles and this team is mediocre and finishes at 9-8 or 8-9, the decision is now made for them. The doubts some have within the organization have turned out correct and thye simply will have had enough and they let him walk.

I dont want to hear how we didnt put enough around Dak if we go 8-9. So a top 5 WR, an outstanding young TE, a supposed O line that should be very good, again. Cooks is a solid number 2. The run game should be fine.... every year we see teams number 1 go down and some nobody steps in and does really good.

So again, I just think this is part of doing business. And while many say Dak has all the leverage, Ill agree...if we win 11 or more games and have some success in the playoffs. Less than that, and our FO wont want him anyways, and they then have all the leverage as the deal with be completed and they just let him walk. Criticizing our FO for not getting a deal done is nuts IMO. Because Dak isnt signing a deal for less than 60 million today, and Im pretty sure everyone in here agrees he aint worth 60 million per season.

One last thing.... Dak has tried to hold this team hostage at every opportunity. Mahomes could back up the truck and simply tell the chiefs I want this amount of money. There would be no negotiations... it would simply be done. Is Mahomes doing that to the Chiefs?

Having been in negotiations and, unfortunately, prolonged legal battles over the years, I'm sure the biggest leverage the FO has right now (besides holding the purse strings) is time. Time changes things. Time puts pressure on Dak the player and Dak the employee. We can talk about "this team or that team will pay Dak", but reality is that it's all projection. Innumerable factors can influence Dak's leverage not the least being injury, a poor season, young QB's playing well for their teams, legal troubles, unfounded assaults on his character, a baby mama...
The Jones' only need to be comfortable with one risk.... Losing Prescott. Even if they want to keep him, that's the only risk they are taking.
There are a lot of factors that weigh more in the contract than the reported amount of the contract. What's the real money? What's guaranteed? How much is "ghost" money? How does injury/retirement affect the amount paid? How and when is that pay distributed?
If the Jones' want to sign Prescott but they are okay moving on without him, they manufactured leverage for themselves, and right now that time is in their favor. Even more so when practices start and the threat of injury is increased.
Now, Dak has to play lights out to get back that leverage. But, here's the kicker... If Dak plays lights out, he improves his leverage, but the Front Office is happy to pay him anyway because that is their ideal scenario. If he does not or other factors diminish his market value, they increase their leverage even more.
Right now, Dak is leaving money on the table with no guarantees. Money that will not be taxed by the state. With a franchise that greatly increases his visibility and opportunity for endorsement deals and social influencer status.
Unlike most people, I see Dak's leverage on a downward trend. He can change that, certianly, but his risk is so much greater.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DE, did you know that AC played center on a semi-pro football team which he won't mention what team unless he googles one, and then suddenly switched to linebacker? AC was a center that switched to linebacker. Unheard of, yet, there you are. Learn the game, DE, let AC, Kurt Warner and Cole Beasley teach it to you. lmao.
It is true. I played the game. I have watched the game at all levels for decades. It was all a waste. I learned me some footsballs after watching a portion of a Kurt Warner video. Yes. Yes I did.

Look out though! One day my footsballs knowledge will exceed everyone else's--alive or dead. They will call me a football genius. Just you wait...

...wait until I watch a Mike Martz video. Then it's footsballs all in yer face, buddy! Brainiac! ~drops mic~

1time4urMind

Reaction score
We do realize that any contract he signs will probably be reported at being 60+ million, right? The devil is in the details.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Yep. My criticism of Dak Prescott ever since he became a Dallas Cowboy is so overwhelming. Anyone can use the site's Search feature and find post after post after post of me just dogging Prescott out. Yes sir!

The above can be prove by any member here to be a lie. On the other hand, any member can do a simple search of America's Cowboy post for simply the last MONTH and find too many examples of your holy siege against non-Prescott disciples.

Romo
T - R - I - G - G - E - R - E - D !!!!

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
T - R - I - G - G - E - R - E - D !!!!
The irony. Another member says anything remotely unsatisfactory about Prescott and you instantly A-K that person and everyone else within a thread.

You should consider another descriptor that does not have any associative ties to your daily behavior. Try 'pickleball', lol. Yap yap dude.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Keep HOPE alive baby nothing wrong with that I guess.
In the end, if he's the starting QB come Sept. with the lesser team Jerry has set him up with expect him to be sitting on the bench by week 17.
NO DEAL FOR DAK..............don't deserve one beating on Dog teams exclusively or getting his garbage stats (Like the GB game) while we lose again!
Keep hope alive? That's why the haters are still here......go back an check if the plane is coming in

blueblood70

Reaction score
This is why most of the forum doesn't take you series. Others have provided breakdown and facts not just in this matter or thread and you get super defensive for whatever reason then you go on to post entire book length posts that no one reads. It has everything to do with "teams" and the surrounding talent. It's a team sport ffs as is all sports.

Do I belive Dak is better then Cousins? Slightly but not by much.

Like I said the only reason Dak would warrant more is due to his age and cousins injury. Cousins has maybe 2 or 3 good years left in him while Dak has many more. Its not because he's leagues better.

Hardly enough talent?? Jesus F the cowboys have fielded some of the most talented teams overall since Dak took over where the vast majority of quarterbacks would kill for the talent Dak has had. Do we have issues? Yes but so does every other team.

In the end the FO is the problem but if you want to play narrow minded thinking the teams Cousins has had for the vast majority in his career pale in comparison to Daks. Can not be denied and damn near common sense

I was on the Dak bus early in his career stating numerous times he could win us the superbowl if he could drive the bus straight(product of the talent around him). However that's not the case anymore. He's been atrocious in the post season and can not put the team on his shoulders when it matters.
i mean i didn't know i needed to be taken seriously.... did i miss something this place become some kind of serious news media outlet? OK walter conkrite.lmao..is madden in here? .. ohh wait it is actually a amateurs place full of a bunch of varying opinions.... so you think people take you serious in here, are you the mayor of the zone? last i checked its full of opinions from a bunch of wannabe knowitall fake gms...

get a life, i dont take this seriously nor need to be taken seriously. Its a place top drop in and talk shop with sports fans.. nothing more.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

The above can be prove by any member here to be a lie. On the other hand, any member can do a simple search of America's Cowboy post for simply the last MONTH and find too many examples of your holy siege against non-Prescott disciples.

Romo
Thank you DE. I've given up.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
i mean i didn't know i needed to be taken seriously.... did i miss something this place become some kind of serious news media outlet? OK walter conkrite.lmao..is madden in here? .. ohh wait it is actually a amateurs place full of a bunch of varying opinions.... so you think people take you serious in here, are you the mayor of the zone? last i checked its full of opinions from a bunch of wannabe knowitall fake gms...

get a life, i dont take this seriously nor need to be taken seriously. Its a place top drop in and talk shop with sports fans.. nothing more.
You shouldn't talk about yourself like that!

:)Kidding ya;)

Lots a people could use a dose of chill.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I'd argue that Dak and Kirk are basically the same QB. Here in Viking-land, that is the joke. Vikes fans still talk about the Herschel Walker with anger and they console themselves with the notion that both teams have had the same QB for awhile. I can't really disagree with them.
You can use the word basically as much as you want but that's a filler word for not really but could be up for debate and I'm telling you a guy post injury five years older who got that pretty large contract Prescott's worth more you can say they're similar quarterbacks but they are not in similar situations Prescott just arguably had one of his best seasons led the league in touchdowns was in the MVP conversation second team all pro so he's in a very different spot than cousins is that's my point this dude's riding us saying he's not worth a penny more than cousins when cousins is five years older coming off a major injury I'd say that that's a big deal when it comes to working a contract and I guarantee the agent is thinking just like that... I'm not saying they can't be comparable but Prescott still better in this current situation and it's slightly better quarterback even though they're close and you can use the word basically but basically also means up for debate it does not mean exact... And there's nothing wrong with that either Kirk cousins has had a solid career he was also a fourth round pick he was also not looked at as the guy that year that was RG3 and this dude has actually got paid for his career only second to I think Tom Brady so people are like up in arms about paying Prescott because he reminds them of Kirk cousins when look at Kirk cousins career earnings and Prescott five years younger and healthy..

So my debate with Mr. Red Baron but the fact that there is a difference because Prescott's younger 5-5 years and healthier when you look at last year how Kirk cousins got injured and now he's on a new team plus Scott's worth more I don't know how much more but he's definitely worth more I'm looking at it from a contract way an agent would look at it he's gonna use the same argument five years younger and healthy coming off one of his best seasons...

Redline360

Reaction score

What makes the internet great...different opinions and approaches to things.

However to get super defense and act like a child because you don't like someone's opinion sometimes with facts laid out from point a-b gets old. Just seems you're the type of person who can dish it but can't take it.

You can swap out Dak and Cousins and still have the current Cowboys. Both will put up stellar stats in the regular season and fold when it matters. But I would rather have one at 45m vs 60m

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score

However to get super defense and act like a child because you don't like someone's opinion sometimes with facts laid out from point a-b gets old. Just seems you're the type of person who can dish it but can't take it.
You actually read those books he calls posts?

blueblood70

Reaction score

However to get super defense and act like a child because you don't like someone's opinion sometimes with facts laid out from point a-b gets old. Just seems you're the type of person who can dish it but can't take it
you can keep saying im acting like a child because i dont share your views but I'm telling you, I am keeping it real, I'm straightforward in your face ,and if you don't like it , you don't have to follow me... I have plenty of people probably about 20 on ignore, because I can't deal with them anymore most of them just are straight up haters and we know who they are... Those are not facts you can't have straight facts I don't care what the stats look like and if they seem similar or basically the same they're not exactly the same I just spelled it out for you you said he's not worth a penny more and I'm telling you a player who just came off his best season versus an injury that ended their season and that they're five years younger is gonna demand more on the market and that is a fact your facts saying you can compare enough stats to say they're similar players and I'm telling you they're not the same player and they're not the same place in their careers that you could say you have to pay them say to me that's wildly inaccurate because five years younger in football is a long time in coming off a major injury at that age being five years older is a lot to factor into what he got Kirk cousins is one of the highest in career earnings as a player if you look at it maybe second to Tom Brady in recent history and Prescott five years younger meaning he's gonna still make more money..

If you're sitting here still arguing over the fact that it doesn't matter and they should be paid the same when one is five years younger coming off a great season and one is five years older coming off a major injury and you're trying to tell me they should be paid the same that is where you're very wrong... So yeah we're gonna disagree and I'm gonna keep telling you the same thing you make me repeat myself like a parrot I'm gonna come at you harder I don't like redundancy.. Time to move on because I guarantee Prescott getting more money from either the Cowboys or someone else he will be paid more money that doesn't mean we have to pay him $60 million but most people agree that Prescott's probably gonna get around 50 to 53 and that is his market...