My view on what's happening with Dak

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Because of the hypocrisy concerning another key starter on this team. You're smart enough to understand this.
You are smart enough to know your agenda motivated you to do so. Unless you are so emotionally invested in Dak Prescott that other posts and threads not discussing him require your pathological defense of the man.

Perhaps you do not know the extent to which you battle fellow members every single day about Prescott. Attempting to defend him at every opportunity, even during those situations (e.g. forum conversations) where your 'imagined foes' are not overly criticizing the man. Or saying anything at all.

Yap yap.

Sydla

Reaction score
I have zero doubt that the Cowboys want to keep Dak. Fisher keeps saying, well if you love him as you say, then sign him. Well, it aint that simple.

If signing Dak today means giving Dak 60 million per season, say 4 years 240 million, Dallas doesn't think he's worth that. I agree with that assessment. So why would they sign the guy for that kind of money when they think that is too much. So they let him play this coming season and Dak goes 11-6, or maybe even 12-5 again, and then he lays an egg and we lose the 1st playoff game again. You think anyone would give him 60 million a year if that happens? I dont.

So at that point, lets say he gets 53 million per... then it was a win for thr FO for not giving in to his ridiculous current demand of 60 million.

But, lets say Dak has another MVP worthy season and takes us to the NFC title game. If that were to happen, Dallas would gladly pony up 60 million per season. If all things are equal, Dak is not bolting Dallas to go play for city XXX. His agent isnt stupid. Dak gets massive endorsement deals playing for Dallas that he would never get playing for city XXX. So IMO, he would take the deal with Dallas over team X... if the dollars are close.

It is a win, win for our FO. If Dak stumbles and this team is mediocre and finishes at 9-8 or 8-9, the decision is now made for them. The doubts some have within the organization have turned out correct and thye simply will have had enough and they let him walk.

I dont want to hear how we didnt put enough around Dak if we go 8-9. So a top 5 WR, an outstanding young TE, a supposed O line that should be very good, again. Cooks is a solid number 2. The run game should be fine.... every year we see teams number 1 go down and some nobody steps in and does really good.

So again, I just think this is part of doing business. And while many say Dak has all the leverage, Ill agree...if we win 11 or more games and have some success in the playoffs. Less than that, and our FO wont want him anyways, and they then have all the leverage as the deal with be completed and they just let him walk. Criticizing our FO for not getting a deal done is nuts IMO. Because Dak isnt signing a deal for less than 60 million today, and Im pretty sure everyone in here agrees he aint worth 60 million per season.

One last thing.... Dak has tried to hold this team hostage at every opportunity. Mahomes could back up the truck and simply tell the chiefs I want this amount of money. There would be no negotiations... it would simply be done. Is Mahomes doing that to the Chiefs?
Dallas is in a pickle. If they really want him back they can't let him get to FA. Because then you run the risk of some team getting stupid that needs a QB desperately telling themselves they have the coach and structure in place to help Dak thrive, something he didn't have in Dallas.

But as you said, they probably also don't want to reset the QB market here either as they likely think he's a good QB not a great one.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No one knows at this time. Only time will tell. I have a feeling Cooper Beebe is going to become a pretty good Center in time.
His coach at K State feels he could be as he knew all the calls, etc ready to takeover if needed even without any game day experience.

Sounds like Beebe is a good candidate for transition. And reason we drafted him . We shall see.

Maybe it’s another blunder from our FO. But the bigger argument and only reason I responded is there is evidence and data supporting such a transition.

Sydla

Reaction score
Lol. The only "tards" are you hardheaded haters who don't understand football or why those playoff INTs happened. Even @DallasEast is realizing what happened after analyzing what Kurt Warner said and broke down those INTs, realizing it was the play designs that hurt both Dak and our WRs.
LOL. You keep citing the Kurt Warner analysis as if it exonerates Dak but that's not what Warner said. He was diplomatic but you can absolutely tell, that at times, Warner is questioning what Dak was doing on some of those interceptions. Yeah, you can blame scheme or play design a bit as well but Warner doesn't give Dak a total pass.

Anyone arguing that Dak has played well in his playoff career and everything else has failed around him (scheme, play design, other players, coaches, etc.) is just a Dak homer, plain and simple. Like many on the team, Dak has failed in the postseason more often than not as well.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You are smart enough to know your agenda motivated you to do so. Unless you are so emotionally invested in Dak Prescott that other posts and threads not discussing him require your pathological defense of the man.

Perhaps you do not know the extent to which you battle fellow members every single day about Prescott. Attempting to defend him at every opportunity, even during those situations (e.g. forum conversations) where your 'imagined foes' are not overly criticizing the man. Or saying anything at all.

Yap yap.
Yea with that history of deflecting criticism and overwhelming support for our QB it does appear the attempt to start building another scapegoat .

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
One last thing.... Dak has tried to hold this team hostage at every opportunity. Mahomes could back up the truck and simply tell the chiefs I want this amount of money. There would be no negotiations... it would simply be done. Is Mahomes doing that to the Chiefs?
The only thing though about that is with the Jones Boys being so cheap lately, I have a hard time believing anything they say about saving money. Why do I feel like even if they had to re-sign Patrick Mahomes, Steven would be crying on 105.3 FM about what the Super Bowl MVP wants and how the team can’t afford an offensive line anymore. This follows the leaked report about Patrick Mahomes being rude to the ball boy or some bizarre leak.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

Yap yap.
You just can't handle knowing very well Dak is going to be around for more years to come and get paid extremely well. It's eating you up. Quite entertaining actually. lol

Yap yap.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The only thing though about that is with the Jones Boys being so cheap lately, I have a hard time believing anything they say about saving money. Why do I feel like even if they had to re-sign Patrick Mahomes, Steven would be crying on 105.3 FM about what the Super Bowl MVP wants and how the team can’t afford an offensive line anymore. This follows the leaked report about Patrick Mahomes being rude to the ball boy or some bizarre leak.
Yea, Jethro & Son will use anything to provide a scapegoat for our lack of success. Including having to overpay to retain stars.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I agree with much of this but I was responding to a report that 60 was the starting point which can’t be officially confirmed.

Obviously Jethro is waiting for someone else to set the Market Price in 2024. Which will provide him a baseline and ceiling for negotiations.
I can't a $60M floor from anyone credible or close to Dak from my reading/research. Even Goff and Love will not command as much as Dak according to the article mentioned in my post earlier.....both are around $48-50M. I think Dak's baseline is already set somewhere around Jackson, Herbert and Burrow. Again, keep in mind he recently admitted he has no problem betting on himself again. It tells me an offer or number is already on the table but he's confident he can eclipse that with his 2024 season.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
His coach at K State feels he could be as he knew all the calls, etc ready to takeover if needed even without any game day experience.

Sounds like Beebe is a good candidate for transition. And reason we drafted him . We shall see.

Maybe it’s another blunder from our FO. But the bigger argument and only reason I responded is there is evidence and data supporting such a transition.
Right. Data and evidence that came forth days after Beebe was drafted, not before. It makes a big difference in the discussion at hand.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You just can't handle knowing very well Dak is going to be around for more years to come and get paid extremely well. It's eating you up. Quite entertaining actually. lol

Yap yap.
And it’s going to continue eating fans up if they believe overpaying a QB of Prescotts caliber is preventing the Cowboys from more success.

Not everyone still believes Dak is enough to take us to the promise land anymore. There’s certainly some evidence to support their concerns.

Couple that in with our ownerships inability to build a better team around him leads to some very dissatisfied fans. And arguably so.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Right. Data and evidence that came forth days after Beebe was drafted, not before. It makes a big difference in the discussion at hand.
I have to believe that info was available to the Cowboys before the draft and well before we were. Beebe afterall attended the practicing with reps from Center across from the Star ( in the link I provided) before the draft we knew nothing about .

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
LOL. You keep citing the Kurt Warner analysis as if it exonerates Dak but that's not what Warner said. He was diplomatic but you can absolutely tell, that at times, Warner is questioning what Dak was doing on some of those interceptions. Yeah, you can blame scheme or play design a bit as well but Warner doesn't give Dak a total pass.

Anyone arguing that Dak has played well in his playoff career and everything else has failed around him (scheme, play design, other players, coaches, etc.) is just a Dak homer, plain and simple. Like many on the team, Dak has failed in the postseason more often than not as well.
Kurt Warner clearly noticed what went wrong with that 2nd INT, and it started off with the play design on 2 different points. There should never have been a fake hand-off included since the play was supposed to be a quick throw design, hence any play-action did nothing but slow down Dak's ability to make a quick throw. Plus, the design with both twin set receivers running the same depth, side by side, thus making it easy for 1 DB to cover both while hurting your QB and target intended WR. Horrible play design that hasn't been fixed two playoff losses in a row.

kskboys

Reaction score
This is why most of the forum doesn't take you series. Others have provided breakdown and facts not just in this matter or thread and you get super defensive for whatever reason then you go on to post entire book length posts that no one reads. It has everything to do with "teams" and the surrounding talent. It's a team sport ffs as is all sports.

Do I belive Dak is better then Cousins? Slightly but not by much.

Like I said the only reason Dak would warrant more is due to his age and cousins injury. Cousins has maybe 2 or 3 good years left in him while Dak has many more. Its not because he's leagues better.

Hardly enough talent?? Jesus F the cowboys have fielded some of the most talented teams overall since Dak took over where the vast majority of quarterbacks would kill for the talent Dak has had. Do we have issues? Yes but so does every other team.

In the end the FO is the problem but if you want to play narrow minded thinking the teams Cousins has had for the vast majority in his career pale in comparison to Daks. Can not be denied and damn near common sense

I was on the Dak bus early in his career stating numerous times he could win us the superbowl if he could drive the bus straight(product of the talent around him). However that's not the case anymore. He's been atrocious in the post season and can not put the team on his shoulders when it matters.
Books w/ no punctuation.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I have to believe that info was available to the Cowboys before the draft and well before we were. Beebe afterall attended the practicing with reps from Center across from the Star ( in the link I provided) before the draft we knew nothing about .
Agreed, but that information wasn't available to the public until days later.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Kurt Warner clearly noticed what went wrong with that 2nd INT, and it started off with the play design on 2 different points. There should never have been a fake hand-off included since the play was supposed to be a quick throw design, hence any play-action did nothing but slow down Dak's ability to make a quick throw. Plus, the design with both twin set receivers running the same depth, side by side, thus making it easy for 1 DB to cover both while hurting your QB and target intended WR. Horrible play design that hasn't been fixed two playoff losses in a row.
Reason #34 that we’ll never get to the Super Bowl with our QB - We’re still arguing about who the interception was on.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
And it’s going to continue eating fans up if they believe overpaying a QB of Prescotts caliber is preventing the Cowboys from more success.

Not everyone still believes Dak is enough to take us to the promise land anymore. There’s certainly some evidence to support their concerns.

Couple that in with our ownerships inability to build a better team around him leads to some very dissatisfied fans. And arguably so.
Oh well. Explanations by professionals be damned. Some people refuse to understand what's being explained. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't force it to drink.

kskboys

Reaction score
It's common for players to play multiple positions in practice, even if they're just ferting around. It's highly unlikely that previous to this that Beebe had never snapped a ball. He's prolly done it multiple times over the years since he switched from DT.