My view on what's happening with Dak

Qcard

Reaction score
I have zero doubt that the Cowboys want to keep Dak. Fisher keeps saying, well if you love him as you say, then sign him. Well, it aint that simple.

If signing Dak today means giving Dak 60 million per season, say 4 years 240 million, Dallas doesn't think he's worth that. I agree with that assessment. So why would they sign the guy for that kind of money when they think that is too much. So they let him play this coming season and Dak goes 11-6, or maybe even 12-5 again, and then he lays an egg and we lose the 1st playoff game again. You think anyone would give him 60 million a year if that happens? I dont.

So at that point, lets say he gets 53 million per... then it was a win for thr FO for not giving in to his ridiculous current demand of 60 million.

But, lets say Dak has another MVP worthy season and takes us to the NFC title game. If that were to happen, Dallas would gladly pony up 60 million per season. If all things are equal, Dak is not bolting Dallas to go play for city XXX. His agent isnt stupid. Dak gets massive endorsement deals playing for Dallas that he would never get playing for city XXX. So IMO, he would take the deal with Dallas over team X... if the dollars are close.

It is a win, win for our FO. If Dak stumbles and this team is mediocre and finishes at 9-8 or 8-9, the decision is now made for them. The doubts some have within the organization have turned out correct and thye simply will have had enough and they let him walk.

I dont want to hear how we didnt put enough around Dak if we go 8-9. So a top 5 WR, an outstanding young TE, a supposed O line that should be very good, again. Cooks is a solid number 2. The run game should be fine.... every year we see teams number 1 go down and some nobody steps in and does really good.

So again, I just think this is part of doing business. And while many say Dak has all the leverage, Ill agree...if we win 11 or more games and have some success in the playoffs. Less than that, and our FO wont want him anyways, and they then have all the leverage as the deal with be completed and they just let him walk. Criticizing our FO for not getting a deal done is nuts IMO. Because Dak isnt signing a deal for less than 60 million today, and Im pretty sure everyone in here agrees he aint worth 60 million per season.

One last thing.... Dak has tried to hold this team hostage at every opportunity. Mahomes could back up the truck and simply tell the chiefs I want this amount of money. There would be no negotiations... it would simply be done. Is Mahomes doing that to the Chiefs?
Every time I see a weird Narrative...why are Burrow, Trevor, Allen and any other QB not named Mahomes or Stafford given Market Value QB contracts???

Dak Haters don't think like real people

:lmao2:

Mr_437

Reaction score
I think the Dak contract situation is the same as the last time. It's all a function of the Cowboys process of signing big money players. Dak's contract keeps the Cowboys in the news and the Joneses like that.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
That’s a different argument.

I’ll ask again. Now that you have info on Beebe how has it influenced your preconceived thoughts about Beebe making transition to Center.
I explained myself fully in the other thread which link I provided. Not going to repeat myself.

foofighters

Reaction score
see that's your opinion he's better than cousins it might be a small gap but first of all cousins was coming off a major injury he's got a worse record in the playoffs and he definitely wasn't coming off one of his best seasons, Prescott IS, Prescott just proved he was second team all pro ,second MVP voting ,lead the league in touchdowns , I mean you're trying to compare the two you're wrong!!

again, he deserves more because he's done more in his career and even though the stats are close Prescott still above him, I believe Prescott's like 4 and one all time against cousins head-to-head as well...

So let's be clear your opinion is just that some people out there think he should be in the 50 to $53,000,000 range and they'd be correct , even though all players are overpaid and all quarterbacks for sure are way overpaid but when you set a market you have to put a guy where he belongs and last year is all we have to go by but this is a player who's never been part of a losing season when he's healthy show me cousins records on teams he's been with show me all the ones that were above 500 and all the ones below 500 I mean you got some of the greats like Drew Brees had three five and eleven seasons in a row Prescott not been part of one losing season he's top 10 and touchdown interception ratio... His resume is better, and I believe he's younger 30 and 35 , that 5 years ,I mean doesn't that also factor in when you're not coming up a major injury and you're much younger on what your new deal is...​

So common sense says all things considered Prescott deserves plenty of pennies more than Kirk cousins.. You may not like my opinion but I guarantee that most of the professionals out there would agree with me that everything I listed above makes him better..
I'd argue that Dak and Kirk are basically the same QB. Here in Viking-land, that is the joke. Vikes fans still talk about the Herschel Walker with anger and they console themselves with the notion that both teams have had the same QB for awhile. I can't really disagree with them.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Be Careful what you wish for as its lame-duck season and Dak is the # 1 contender!!!
I am not wishing for anything except for my team to be successful which means I need to my QB to be successful. I am just stating that I will be here to watch the Dak haters lose their minds when he signs. If he doesn't sign then I DO hope he balls out in 2024. But that's nothing new.. I wish for him and every member of my team to ball out every season. It's odd that so many here seem so intent that he fails so he can be gone. They would rather stink with Trey Lance or any other QB than be good with Dak. I can't see wishing for any player on my team to play poorly. It's a weird deal.. but it is what it is.. and I will laugh at them when he signs regardless. Then again what would be more fun than seeing the team win 14 games, get to the NFC Championship (or beyond) and watch the look on the Joneses (and the haters) faces when they have to negotiate THAT contract. Again.. high entertainment value.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
you think you're rambling on is going to change the way I think I didn't read past the first line I don't care what you think I said what I said and I meant it and I actually care so when everyone says who cares I do and I'm pretty sure Prescott does and I'm sure there's a lot of people that are pro Prescott that would agree he's better than cousins and has nothing to do with the teams they're on so your point is moot, THATS MOOT!

Going to the playoffs 5 out of your eight healthy years in the league is a lot better than whatever you're spitting out about cousins no matter what you say Prescott the better quarterback than cousins he's five years younger and he's not coming off a major injury if that doesn't land with you you have 0 common sense and we see your hate for Jack won't allow you to think straight so why don't you go hide somewhere else because you're not winning this debate with me he's better than cousins on any given day in any debate no matter how drunk you are......

And I said there isn't a big gap but there is essentially a gap and there's a reason Prescott would get paid more it's pretty obvious to see why but you can't let your mind open up to realize that all that stuff I gave you matters... You literally have a quarterback coming off a major injury switching teams and five years older and does not have as good of record IE no losing seasons and yes it's important don't act like somehow the Cowboys have had the greatest show on turf in Prescott been along for the ride it's been quite the opposite we've hardly had any talent here on a regular basis I mean which can it be Jerry Jones doesn't go after big time free agents they don't know how to build a team from the trenches inside out they're terrible to below average front office and yet when everyone needs to make an argument Prescott's been surrounded by Hall of Fame talent and he's been the reason we've been losing you cannot have it both ways,

hypocrite
If you “didn’t read past the first line” how did you know he was “rambling”? You should probably make a note to yourself to never challenge anyone here for rambling.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I am not wishing for anything except for my team to be successful which means I need to my QB to be successful. I am just stating that I will be here to watch the Dak haters lose their minds when he signs. If he doesn't sign then I DO hope he balls out in 2024. But that's nothing new.. I wish for him and every member of my team to ball out every season. It's odd that so many here seem so intent that he fails so he can be gone. They would rather stink with Trey Lance or any other QB than be good with Dak. I can't see wishing for any player on my team to play poorly. It's a weird deal.. but it is what it is.. and I will laugh at them when he signs regardless. Then again what would be more fun than seeing the team win 14 games, get to the NFC Championship (or beyond) and watch the look on the Joneses (and the haters) faces when they have to negotiate THAT contract. Again.. high entertainment value.
But yet you hated going 5-1 with Cooper Rush so much that you made threads dedicated entirely to hating on him.

You're fooling zero people with your “success for my team is all that matters” junk.

Proof

Reaction score
"first QB over 30, still with the team that drafted him, while being a 4th round pick or lower to win their first Super Bowl"

Your examples are void on multiple counts.
on a leap year, while wearing number 4. such silly distinctions. dak has enough warts to not have to result to this nonsense

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Yep. I was truthful. On the other hand, you did not know squat about Cooper Beebe. Other members spoke about Beebe's potential as a Center. You spoke from your ignorance and shot fellow members' opinions down for even suggesting he could not play the position for something as simple as you not knowing he took snaps at the position in college--which is a common coaching practice for practically all offensive linemen at some point and at all levels of the sport.

Someone made a claim Beebe practiced taking snaps? That was immediately challenged by you. The fellow member had to 'prove it' to you. Since then, you have begun a typical 180 since others provided you knowledge indicating Beebe as a probable starting center. After-the-fact, you searched and obtained information proactively (link) of Beebe's viability at the position--a stance you could have taken from the beginning.

That is who you are and how you react, especially when it comes to Dak Prescott. Keep yap yapping dude. Yap yap.
DE, did you know that AC played center on a semi-pro football team which he won't mention what team unless he googles one, and then suddenly switched to linebacker? AC was a center that switched to linebacker. Unheard of, yet, there you are. Learn the game, DE, let AC, Kurt Warner and Cole Beasley teach it to you. lmao.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
You are smart enough to know your agenda motivated you to do so. Unless you are so emotionally invested in Dak Prescott that other posts and threads not discussing him require your pathological defense of the man.

Perhaps you do not know the extent to which you battle fellow members every single day about Prescott. Attempting to defend him at every opportunity, even during those situations (e.g. forum conversations) where your 'imagined foes' are not overly criticizing the man. Or saying anything at all.

Yap yap.
Be careful, otherwise AC will dog Romo into the convo to deflect against Prescott. He does it all the time.
Romo will get you AC!

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Every time I see a weird Narrative...why are Burrow, Trevor, Allen and any other QB not named Mahomes or Stafford given Market Value QB contracts???

Dak Haters don't think like real people

:lmao2:

When was that? If only he put the jets on might've been a TD.

Ring6

StarSchema
Reaction score
they're just waiting to see what Lance looks like in preseason before offering Dak.

Why offer Dak 60+ mil if there's a chance you can get the same from a cheaper option? Even if its a slim chance, they're taking it.