Name some all time classic movies that you've never seen

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Léon: The Professional
Members may have already gotten sick of me repeating this same story but I knew Natalie Portman would one day win an Oscar during her career after seeing her in that film. Much respect to Gary Oldman and Jean Reno but I put her acting in the movie right at their level. And she was not even a freaking teenager yet! Still blows my mind. Good movie.

quickccc

Reaction score
These more noted Classics i've never seen before:

Citizen Cane
On the Waterfront
Brokeback Mountain
Scent of a Woman
Prince of Tides
Capote
Bridge on River Kiwa

Amadeus
the Philadelphia Story
A streetcar named Desire
From here to Eternity
Dangerous Liasons
Of Mice and Men
Mr. Smith goes to Washington
My Fair Lady
Terms of Endearment
Stage coach
Hanna and her Sisters
Children of a Lesser God

the Jazz singer
A Star is Born
Cider House Rules
Four Weddings and a Funeral
Mutiny on the Bounty
Breakfast at Tiffany's
Layer Cake
the Magdalene Sisters
Parasite
Suspira
Chariots of Fire
On the Golden Pond

La La Land
Eraser head
Raising Arizona
Hacksaw Ridge
The Irishman
Marriage Story
Once upon a Time in Hollywood

Roma
Her
All that Jazz
Tess
Ordinary People
Heaven can Wait
Chinatown
Sergeant York
Here comes Mr. Jordan

Les Miserables'
Letters from Iwo Jima
A room with a View
Prizzi's Honor
Kiss of the Spider Woman

There's many of many Westerns classics that i haven't seen either, but that's way too much additions to an already lengthy list. ...

quickccc

Reaction score
Please tell me you have not seen the original 1920's version or the 2016 re-remake attempt.

I may ban you if you have not seen the 1959 classic...

it's been so very long since i saw Ben Hur as a really young kid along with the family, that i really forgot much of the movie even the character and plot.
So it's not like i've seen it before but i've basically forgotten all about it. .so i dunno which way that should go as .... :D

Last edited:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
it's been so very long since i saw it as a really young kid along with the family, that i really forgot much of the movie even the character and plot.
So it's not like i've seen it before but i've basically forgotten all about it. .so i dunno which way that should go as .... :D
I cannot elaborate much without infringing on site rule #6 but it is a biblical story running parallel to the protagonist's point-of-view. Some will disagree but I still consider it Heston's BEST role of his career. One of the best epic films in Hollywood history.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I cannot elaborate much without infringing on site rule #6 but it is a biblical story running parallel to the protagonist's point-of-view. Some will disagree but I still consider it Heston's BEST role of his career. One of the best epic films in Hollywood history.
Not saying it's epic or anything close, but a more recent film with at least bit of that slant is "Risen", with Joseph Fiennes and Cliff Curtis

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What are considered Classics on both of those lists, I've seen all of them. Some I didn't care for and wonder how they made the Classics list but we have to take into consideration the time they came out.

In my world of Classics, they are films that I would watch again and some on that list, I've watched them dozens of times and others, only once and will never watch again. People would say "ya gotta watch that film" and then I'd watch it and wonder 'did they just want me to be as bored as they were watching this or do they really not know me very well'?

I am a little different in my re-watching of films because if I know the story well, I find myself drawn to all of the actors but the main characters, I am watching everybody else as they are in the shot. I look at set designs and for mistakes in period films, not to be critical, just to find it as a reward for re-watching the film for the umpteenth time.

I also don't know how much time must pass before a film is eligible for the Classics list or the exact criteria. I like Jaws and watch it every 4th of July but I do not consider it a classic. The acting by those locals was awful and I look past that for the mechanical shark with a real shark shot that doesn't even closely resemble the mechanical one. But I do love the film and have watched it easily 25 times.

"High Noon" and "Shane" are considered Classic westerns but "Tombstone", "Good, the Bad and the Ugly" and "The Wild Bunch" are not and I consider all three of the latter to be better made than the two former ones. So sometimes Classics Schmassics.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
These more noted Classics i've never seen before:

Citizen Cane
On the Waterfront
Brokeback Mountain
Scent of a Woman
Prince of Tides
Capote
Bridge on River Kiwa

Amadeus
the Philadelphia Story
A streetcar named Desire
From here to Eternity
Dangerous Liasons
Of Mice and Men
Mr. Smith goes to Washington
My Fair Lady
Terms of Endearment
Stage coach
Hanna and her Sisters
Children of a Lesser God

the Jazz singer
A Star is Born
Cider House Rules
Four Weddings and a Funeral
Mutiny on the Bounty
Breakfast at Tiffany's
Layer Cake
the Magdalene Sisters
Parasite
Suspira
Chariots of Fire
On the Golden Pond

La La Land
Eraser head
Raising Arizona
Hacksaw Ridge
The Irishman
Marriage Story
Once upon a Time in Hollywood

Roma
Her
All that Jazz
Tess
Ordinary People
Heaven can Wait
Chinatown
Sergeant York
Here comes Mr. Jordan

Les Miserables'
Letters from Iwo Jima
A room with a View
Prizzi's Honor
Kiss of the Spider Woman

There's many of many Westerns classics that i haven't seen either, but that's way too much additions to an already lengthy list. ...
I think I've seen maybe 7 of these.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You must must MUST watch The Bridge on the River Kwai. Trust me. You will never look at Obi-Wan Kenobi the same way ever again if you do. You will also know what my nonsense means if you do watch it. :laugh:
I've seen A River Runs Through It. Is that close enough? :grin:

How about Volunteers?