Nastiest thing you ate recently

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Frozen pizza bites. Damn nastiest thing I have consumed in recent memory.
:lmao: it must be an acquired taste, as I've managed to keep them down:lmao2:

* ya,man! They are kinda' nasty tastingo_O

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
A co-worker brought in one of those fundraiser menus for his Daughter's school. It was mostly like overpriced "gourmet pizzas" and cookie dough, etc...just a bunch of frozen stuff to bake. So, like always, I contributed and bought a 10$ "Meat Lovers" pizza. After about 3 weeks, he brought it in. Nice!

So one weekend, I was watching the UFC (and the beer was flowing) and I thought "Hell yeah, let's eat that pizza!". So I baked it up and it looked and smelled really good, better than the stuff you'd get at the store. After the first bite, something was off. I took one more bite and it became apparent that something was going on underneath the meat, mozzarella and tomato sauce. To my disgust, it was a layer of cheez-whiz! Friggin Cheez-Whiz! Since I paid 10$, waited 3 weeks, and wasted time cooking it, I tried one more bite to see if I could "power-through". NOPE! That sucker went straight in the trash.

It's been about a month and has taken everything in my power to refrain from telling my co-worker that his Daughter's fundraiser was bunk/trash!

Bagoong, translation "shrimp paste". Just about knocked me off my chair.
My Wife eats that crap. Grosses me out the door. Why is it purple? That's just so unnatural!

Last edited:

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Well, she's Korean. And one thing Koreans absolutely love is K-pop, eggs, and onions.
Just as I suspected. Had a feeling Asia was involved in the case somehow. I lived in little Vietnam,and rented a room with a Vietnamese family for a couple years,and the things they’d conjure up was something else. And Koreans will eat anything from the ocean. “Well what’s on the menu?”....”Ahhh so lucky for you my friend. Tonight we have the house speciality of Octopus dumpling soup,followed by our famous Ell and Squid entree,served over fresh broccoli,with grilled cashew basted in fish sauce.”

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Fish sauce sounds like something that needs to be thrown or poured out immediately.
Oh my gosh they love it. It’s a staple condiment on the table. I did enjoy one time though sitting at the dinner table with a bunch of older ladies teaching me how to cut and make spring rolls and dumplings. No idea what the conversations were,but they laughed a lot at me.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Oh my gosh they love it. It’s a staple condiment on the table. I did enjoy one time though sitting at the dinner table with a bunch of older ladies teaching me how to cut and make spring rolls and dumplings. No idea what the conversations were,but they laughed a lot at me.
"That's right, if the cops ever find opium, we blame round eye!"

Chrispierce

Reaction score
"That's right, if the cops ever find opium, we blame round eye!"
Oh no...drugs to them is a major taboo. They’ll drink beer and gamble like water and air,but drugs are the big no-no. The kids love pot,and all the parents and adults are up in arms about it,holding formal protests and public meetings with city officials to keep pot clubs out of their neighborhoods. The arguments that break out are hilarious..”We are tired of your marijuana stores,and your rock n roll American influences on our children!!” We demand you take action at once!!”

Xelda

Reaction score
I had a Korean friend. She said Americans all look alike because of our big eyes. She ended up marrying a guy that was a staunch "BUY AMERICAN" type. I'd shake my head and ask her what was she going to do with him. She'd just shrug her shoulders.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
:lmao::lmao2::lmao:
I've read life raft survival at sea stories ,where dudes said they actually kinda' missed the taste of eyeballs later on after rescue.

* man, I'd boiled an Javalina skinned out head one time to facilitate the defleshing process of the skull cuz' they've got some pretty cool & fierce looking casing-liners to 'em,,,Man Alive did it ever stink up the whole house, cuz' I did it on the wife's stove while she was at work( I suffered thru her ire over that one) then I'd wired& staked it down over an ant hill for 3-4 days, then I oiled it up with something ( I forget) it turned a nice shade of light tan/ brown,,, one of my nephews saw it on a shelf in the reloading room while visiting " the crazy uncle " & wanted it,so it went home with himo_O
giphy.gif

Corso

Reaction score
But wouldn't you like to see another like him conversing with him. We could have "guess what he said" contests. I knew I had overstayed my welcome by one day when I started to actually understand Melonhead. I would like to just sit there for a couple of hours watching him come up with his stuff.
I once thought about doing that very thing, but ...

giphy.gif

Corso

Reaction score
I once considered gas station sushi...

And not the 7-11 gas station, more like the Phillip's 66, small-town gas station where the kid with the rabbit teeth asks to "fill you up".