Nate Burleson on Dak-Pay him!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I wonder how Dak feels being the only QB whose contract negotiations is everybody's business. I don't recall this hystria over any other QB or any other player in the league. Dak is the only player expected to accept less than the market bears. He hasn't even had a big payday yet, but he's already expected to make concessions. I hope there is a happy medium. Dak isn't the worst QB ever like some think, but it's also OK to admit that he's not the best ever either. The truth is somewhere in the middle. He is a proven leader and winner. That's a great start.

3 years from now we are going to be talking about how Dak has had 6 winning season in a row.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
This is not a statement on what Dak is or is not worth. This is more of a statement on the reality of the situation. I don't believe the Cowboys can pay top Dollar for Dak. If you decide to do that, then it's likely that the surrounding members of the team, both now and going forward, do not get paid. We will lose very important pieces of the puzzle IMO. The economics of the QB position, in todays game, are counter productive to sustained success of a franchise IMO. Unless you have a QB who is unselfish enough to accept less then the maximum, and lets face it, the market drives QB salaries far above what they actually deserve, you really can't sustain success. If you have a QB as talented as AR and you can't win, then that should really tell you all you need to know about how that works.

Nonsense. Mahones is going to get huge money. YOUR theory hasn't even really been tested yet. So lets say we don't pay Dak. Then what? Let him walk? Then we have no QB. YOu think the team is better with no QB?

Brady taking less money is an anomaly and he is only doing that because he is much older and already has had big contracts. Its also why the Patriots continue to beat everyone else.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
It's disturbing how all of Dak's contract negotiating "numbers" have nothing to do with throwing a football...what could go possibly go wrong?

He throws the football awfully well. 66.1% completions, 25 yo. Drew Brees was a 59% passer at 25 yo. Brady around 62%. Manning 61% Romo was plastered to the bench.
He has better numbers than his contemporaries from the ‘16 draft.
He wins games.
He is a good person.
Great leader.
Hardest worker on the team.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
They are not exactly the same but yes, they are similar quarterbacks. Tebow was a much better passer in college than Dak largely because of the system and talent he had around him... conversely, if Dak was drafted by say, the Browns he would already be a backup in the AAF.
Lol. What a joke.

Tebow completed 48% of his passes in the NFL. He played for the Broncos in the NFL, are you suggesting they had no talent? Brandon Lloyd, Demaryius Thomas, Eric Decker and Eddie Royal were his primary receivers. Willis McGahee and Knowshon Moreno were his backs. Do you watch football?

If that’s the case Romo and Rex Grossman were the same player. Well actually Grossman won more playoff games.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
He throws the football awfully well. 66.1% completions, 25 yo. Drew Brees was a 59% passer at 25 yo. Brady around 62%. Manning 61% Romo was plastered to the bench.
He has better numbers than his contemporaries from the ‘16 draft.
He wins games.
He is a good person.
Great leader.
Hardest worker on the team.
As usual, the clueless Canada troll has never been told you can’t compare numbers decades apart. Dak is far better than Roger Staubach by this inane logic. There isn’t anything special about Dak’s actual ability to be a QB which is why we always hear the babbling about prime time wins, game winning drives, rushing touchdowns, etc.
It’s time for you to crawl back under your rock now.

blumayne38

Reaction score
Nonsense. Mahones is going to get huge money. YOUR theory hasn't even really been tested yet. So lets say we don't pay Dak. Then what? Let him walk? Then we have no QB. You think the team is better with no QB?

Brady taking less money is an anomaly and he is only doing that because he is much older and already has had big contracts. Its also why the Patriots continue to beat everyone else.
Yes let him walk, let another team pay him ALOT of money to only find out what some fans and media gurus already know

BoltsNHorns

RamsFan
Reaction score
130/5 years or 150/6 years

I’d prefer

100/4 years

Realistically he’s noT getting less than 150/5 years or 30 million a year.

In that case, I'll kick him to the curb and find a new QB. Hell even Matt Ryan isn't worth that price tag. Rodgers is the only QB worth that money. Not Brees, Wilson, Rivers, Brady, etc....

DanA

Reaction score
Not a fan of using team stats to justify an individuals ability.

For the record I think Dak is a good QB.

Willfreedom909

Reaction score
In that case, I'll kick him to the curb and find a new QB. Hell even Matt Ryan isn't worth that price tag. Rodgers is the only QB worth that money. Not Brees, Wilson, Rivers, Brady, etc....
Rodgers?

You’re a fool. Rodgers has won nothing of note without a defense.

0-35 against winning teams who have a 1 point lead in the 4th quarter.

Only

Wilson
Mahomes
Brady

Are worthy of elite carrying status

They ACTUALLY carry their teams.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
As long as they apply it to themselves when the time comes.

They won't. I mean, that's kind of the point right? But then again, they aren't getting paid 18 to 20 million a year and people aren't complaining that they are under paid either. It's a bit of a two way street.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Rodgers?

You’re a fool. Rodgers has won nothing of note without a defense.

0-35 against winning teams who have a 1 point lead in the 4th quarter.

Only

Wilson
Mahomes
Brady

Are worthy of elite carrying status

They ACTUALLY carry their teams.

Yet, Dak hasn't won a thing yet and you're okay with paying him elite QB money. People here think you're a troll, but you're not - you're part of Dak's family, or Dak himself. Only way to explain it.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Nonsense. Mahones is going to get huge money. YOUR theory hasn't even really been tested yet. So lets say we don't pay Dak. Then what? Let him walk? Then we have no QB. YOu think the team is better with no QB?

What does Mahones have to do with anything? Dak is not Mahones so it's not salient to the topic. This is something you are introducing and for what reason, I don't understand. I also don't know what you mean when you refer to "MY theory". If we don't pay Dak, we go out and sign another QB and/or we draft another QB. We do what every team has been doing for countless years when they don't have a QB. I mean, we do what we did in past years. For the record, Brady has always taken less money. This is not new to the who Brady deal but lets be real. Taking less money means not getting paid 25 to 30 million a year, it means making 18 to 20, come on. Instead, why don't we see what the market sets. I'm telling you right now, Dak is not getting a long term 30 mil a year deal guaranteed. He may get a big number contract but it won't be a secure contract with multiple out years guaranteed from any team. That's my opinion. The Cowboys, IMO, will provide him security long term but they shouldn't ruin the cap to do it in my opinion.

Willfreedom909

Reaction score
Yet, Dak hasn't won a thing yet and you're okay with paying him elite QB money. People here think you're a troll, but you're not - you're part of Dak's family, or Dak himself. Only way to explain it.
I don’t want to pay Dak elite money.

To me I’d give him 100/4 years.

That’s middle of the pack money.

Russel Wilson and Mahomes are projected to both get 200 million next contract.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I don’t want to pay Dak elite money.

To me I’d give him 100/4 years.

That’s middle of the pack money.

Russel Wilson and Mahomes are projected to both get 200 million next contract.

You're wanting to give him 30 million a year, bud.