NBA 2015 Season Talk

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
Kidd burned bridges way too early in his coaching career, and going to Milwaukee wasn't a smart move. He'll be exposed pretty quickly, I think.

I've heard that BK thought about replacing him early in the 13-14 season when they were struggling, so there was a lot of tension going into this season... in other words, the bridge was being burned from both ends....

as many chances a zeke got, I think kidd will be okay.....

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Kidd burned bridges way too early in his coaching career, and going to Milwaukee wasn't a smart move. He'll be exposed pretty quickly, I think.

Kidd is personal buddies with the owner on a team with zero expectations to win.

Kidd is a VERY bright guy and he is the first one off the ship. He is a rat but he is very smart.
He will be fine because he is enormously aware and sets himself up for only good outcomes.

Ren

Reaction score
Mavs look pretty average so far, hopefully they get on the same page soon

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
Mavs look pretty average so far, hopefully they get on the same page soon

Its gonna take a bit.... terrell made a good point about ball pressure and C parsons finding his role....
they will be solid... but it will take awhile...

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
repeating is hard, repeating for the spurs will be harder than for most because thy aren't deep, especially more talented than others or young.
but they'll be fine with regards to turnovers if they can keep Parker healthy.

It's real early. the first 10 games are basically pre-season.

aren't deep? they are the deepest team in the league. their two big issues this year, turnovers and poor shooting. Once the get back in the groove, both will improve and they will start to roll.

bounce

Reaction score
Its gonna take a bit.... terrell made a good point about ball pressure and C parsons finding his role....
they will be solid... but it will take awhile...

It's surprised me that he's been this cold to start, but he'll find his role. Dallas will be a top 5 team in the W at the end of the year, IMO.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
aren't deep? they are the deepest team in the league. their two big issues this year, turnovers and poor shooting. Once the get back in the groove, both will improve and they will start to roll.

No, they are not.
Pop uses his rotation the best but the Spurs have 5 or 6 guys who couldn't find a rotation spot anywhere else.

Leonard, Duncan and Parker are all over 30 MPG in this 3-3 start. They badly miss Mills.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
It's surprised me that he's been this cold to start, but he'll find his role. Dallas will be a top 5 team in the W at the end of the year, IMO.

Parsons has been sick with flu-like nonsense. He was on fire the 2 games previous to that.
He'll be fine.

PG is a real concern because they have a lot of mediocre options and have to piece together a workable PG rotation out of that or make a trade to clean it up.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
No, they are not.
Pop uses his rotation the best but the Spurs have 5 or 6 guys who couldn't find a rotation spot anywhere else.

Leonard, Duncan and Parker are all over 30 MPG in this 3-3 start. They badly miss Mills.

Tiago Splitter has been out all but part of one game. Leonard missed a game because of his eye and calf, and then had to get into game shape, since both kept him on the shelf for a few weeks. Duncan sat out a game. Belinelli got hurt and has missed 4 games. Manu sat out a game. And yes, Patty Mills is out for a long while.

Once Tiago comes back, Tim's minutes will go down. Once Belinelli comes back, Leonard's minutes might decrease, but I doubt it. He is in his early 20's and is becoming a flat out stud out there.

BTW, your argument about the 5 or 6 guys that couldn't find a roster spot anywhere, can go for every other team as well. However, I bet you that a former Spurs player, even one on the end of the bench will have an easier time finding a roster spot that several end of benchers from other teams. An why do you ask, because of the Spurs culture....team first, intelligent play, attention to detail, hard work, sacrifice, strong character.

Pop uses his rotation the best because of the quality of depth. He allows everyone to play quality minutes throughout the entire season, which gives everyone real game experience and makes them physically and mentally ready for the post season grind.

BTW, give me a list of teams that you feel possess greater depth than the Spurs..........1-15

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Tiago Splitter has been out all but part of one game. Leonard missed a game because of his eye and calf, and then had to get into game shape, since both kept him on the shelf for a few weeks. Duncan sat out a game. Belinelli got hurt and has missed 4 games. Manu sat out a game. And yes, Patty Mills is out for a long while.

Once Tiago comes back, Tim's minutes will go down. Once Belinelli comes back, Leonard's minutes might decrease, but I doubt it. He is in his early 20's and is becoming a flat out stud out there.

BTW, your argument about the 5 or 6 guys that couldn't find a roster spot anywhere, can go for every other team as well. However, I bet you that a former Spurs player, even one on the end of the bench will have an easier time finding a roster spot that several end of benchers from other teams. An why do you ask, because of the Spurs culture....team first, intelligent play, attention to detail, hard work, sacrifice, strong character.

Pop uses his rotation the best because of the quality of depth. He allows everyone to play quality minutes throughout the entire season, which gives everyone real game experience and makes them physically and mentally ready for the post season grind.

BTW, give me a list of teams that you feel possess greater depth than the Spurs..........1-15

Sorry but there's plenty of examples where this simply isn't true.
You have the best coach in the league and he maximizes players.
Once they leave they don't have much if anything to offer anyone else.

If you want research assignments tell me the last 5 guys who left SA that played big roles elsewhere. I'll wait.

Pop's taken plenty of spare draft picks or offal from other teams and made them useful but the guys you cut late or in season seldom ever offer anyone anything.

Pop wrings every bit of performance he can out of what talent he has.

Minus Pop and Duncan that team is the Lakers.

As to deeper teams the ones that stand out early are the Bulls and GSW. Dallas is arguable.
SAS depth is mostly smoke and mirrors covered by great coaching.

Diaw, Bellinelli, Bonner. These guys are largely scrubs. Outcast by bad teams after middling performances they wound up as role players in SAS.

The only above average Spur to miss more than 1 game this year is Splitter.
The other quality players have been available.

The Spurs went 7 years between titles and they aren't the favorite right now. That's just reality.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
Sorry but there's plenty of examples where this simply isn't true.
You have the best coach in the league and he maximizes players.
Once they leave they don't have much if anything to offer anyone else.

If you want research assignments tell me the last 5 guys who left SA that played big roles elsewhere. I'll wait.

Pop's taken plenty of spare draft picks or offal from other teams and made them useful but the guys you cut late or in season seldom ever offer anyone anything.

Pop wrings every bit of performance he can out of what talent he has.

Minus Pop and Duncan that team is the Lakers.

As to deeper teams the ones that stand out early are the Bulls and GSW. Dallas is arguable.
SAS depth is mostly smoke and mirrors covered by great coaching.

Diaw, Bellinelli, Bonner. These guys are largely scrubs. Outcast by bad teams after middling performances they wound up as role players in SAS.

The only above average Spur to miss more than 1 game this year is Splitter.
The other quality players have been available.

The Spurs went 7 years between titles and they aren't the favorite right now. That's just reality.
Bellinelli and Diaw are not scrubs.....

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Bellinelli and Diaw are not scrubs.....

Yes, they are in the sense of top NBA back ups.
Diaw is a 6'8" Power Forward with no athleticism that averages less than 5 rebounds per game. He is a rotation level guy that fits in the system as a stretch or point 4.
He survives on basketball IQ.

Belinelli is a 6'5" shooting guard with zero athletic ability. He is a moderately skilled player.
Pop gets him in games, gets some quick offense than gets him out.
He averages under 2.0 assists even for the free passing, high assist Spurs.

Guys of their caliber dot BAD teams rosters in the NBA.

Both of those guys are EFFECTIVE but that's about usage and scheme not talent.

Each has been on A LOT of basketball teams and let go without much fanfare.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
Yes, they are in the sense of top NBA back ups.
Diaw is a 6'8" Power Forward with no athleticism that averages less than 5 rebounds per game. He is a rotation level guy that fits in the system as a stretch or point 4.
He survives on basketball IQ.

Belinelli is a 6'5" shooting guard with zero athletic ability. He is a moderately skilled player.
Pop gets him in games, gets some quick offense than gets him out.
He averages under 2.0 assists even for the free passing, high assist Spurs.

Guys of their caliber dot BAD teams rosters in the NBA.

Both of those guys are EFFECTIVE but that's about usage and scheme not talent.

Each has been on A LOT of basketball teams and let go without much fanfare.

if you say so... i think they are both solid players... Diaw has a high skill level..
and I watched Marco take the Nets apart in a 7 game series along with Nate Robinson while with the Bulls..
They come to play.......Role players, yes, scrubs, not in my book...

I guess we have a different definition of "scrub"