NBA Free Agency

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
Toronto is a threat, too. The East has some good young teams. But, the West winner takes it.
I think Chicago has a say in this........ If Rose is healthy/or Chicago learns to play without him early.
As well as Cleveland..... who even if they land Love, need to add more size to the front court. but waiters, kyrie, and if they keep thompson & he's coming off the bench...... that's a lot of fire power around lebron. (they need to defend!)

The west are the favorites..... but I don't count out the east.
teams like the hornets & wiz will be better as well.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
Some just hate for no reason

Cleveland is a great town and is the ultimate underdog sports town

I wish cleveland the best and hope they win not 1, not 2, not 3......... Titles

Cleveland better win now, because in 4 years, it's sixers time!!!!
laugh now, cry later!!!!

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
For anyone who hasn't seen this kid...
he is very special. size, vision, athleticism, unselfishness.
weakness is his jumper... but that's normal.
He may be the first pick in next year's draft.
pest PG prospect in several drafts.

I just don't understand playing in China. He's going to receive no coaching and will face less competition than he would in the NCAA. I can see him falling in the draft and losing the 1.2 million he received this year

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
I just don't understand playing in China. He's going to receive no coaching and will face less competition than he would in the NCAA. I can see him falling in the draft and losing the 1.2 million he received this year

I think he will be okay. There were rumblings that he was having qualifying issues, and SMU may soon be under investigation. A top kid they brought in last year, Keith Frazier, had some grade issues as well. So there's a possibility Mudiay wouldn't have made it on campus anyway. If he waited too long, he would have had to play in the D-League. Given a choice, China is a better than Europe and the D-League IMO. More money, a want & a need to showcase american talent. I wish him luck, Brandon Jennings didn't light it up in Europe, he wasn't even close to Mudiay as a prospect, and he still went 10th. I agree with the coaching aspect, but as proven with Jennings, Tyler, Carr, all recent prospects that went to Europe, coaches don't feel the need to play you, or care about coaching you if you don't assimilate quick enough.

Scouts won't forget.... with the sport being global in all facets, they never do these days...

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcspo...anuel-mudiay-gets-huge-deal-to-head-to-china/

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score

No offense but that's simply not true in any way.

1. coaching on team he is going to is very strong
2. competition is better in china than ncaa. --china has a lot of former ncaa guys and pays well.
3. he is very unlikely to drop more than couple slots because he is a physical freak with a proven track record in a shallow class. --he's won more consistently than Wiggins did in AAU ball.
4. He wasn't going to qualify at SMU and would have sat out a year not playing.

Going to play pro ball was easily the right move for him. As it is for most kids ranked top 5 in their high school class.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I think he will be okay. There were rumblings that he was having qualifying issues, and SMU may soon be under investigation. A top kid they brought in last year, Keith Frazier, had some grade issues as well. So there's a possibility Mudiay wouldn't have made it on campus anyway. If he waited too long, he would have had to play in the D-League. Given a choice, China is a better than Europe and the D-League IMO. More money, a want & a need to showcase american talent. I wish him luck, Brandon Jennings didn't light it up in Europe, he wasn't even close to Mudiay as a prospect, and he still went 10th. I agree with the coaching aspect, but as proven with Jennings, Tyler, Carr, all recent prospects that went to Europe, coaches don't feel the need to play you, or care about coaching you if you don't assimilate quick enough.

Scouts won't forget.... with the sport being global in all facets, they never do these days...

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcspo...anuel-mudiay-gets-huge-deal-to-head-to-china/

It isn't SMU but Prime Prep that caused the issue.
Prime Prep has never been certified by the clearing house and Mudiay took two full years of classes there.
The clearing house has never cleared a player based on even a single Prime Prep class.

As to SMU... Frazier flat failed and shouldn't have graduated from Kimball yet somehow found his way to enroll at SMU.
(He was originally committed to Tech and played his AAU ball for Deron Williams Elite)

SMU's rise in bball has definitely been tied to looser recruiting standards.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
Al-Farouq Aminu to Dallas...
A very underrated signing.
rebounding, defense, and the ability to play and guard both forward positions.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
P.J. Tucker resigns with Phoenix.... 3 years, 16.5.... a bit high to me, but man has he earned it.
Very good glue guy, hard worker... All you Texas guys should be proud.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score

2. competition is better in china than ncaa. --china has a lot of former ncaa guys and pays well.
3. he is very unlikely to drop more than couple slots because he is a physical freak with a proven track record in a shallow class. --he's won more consistently than Wiggins did in AAU ball.

Going to play pro ball was easily the right move for him. As it is for most kids ranked top 5 in their high school class.

Then why does anyone with a legit shot at going pro even bother with college, if the coaching is so good, and the competition is stronger? Why go to college when none of the guys who go pro graduate when they can go over seas to get paid?

John813

Reaction score

*Been a Heat fan since 2002

Wade needs to cut down on his flopping. He has been doing it way too much the past 2-3 years.
While I don't mind players selling a foul driving to the basket, Wade does some C level hollywood acting everywhere on the court.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
*Been a Heat fan since 2002

Wade needs to cut down on his flopping. He has been doing it way too much the past 2-3 years.
While I don't mind players selling a foul driving to the basket, Wade does some C level hollywood acting everywhere on the court.

he learned from the best....
4265aa3e4c81476c06b53a889d5a3b6c.jpg

I know...low blow... couldn't help it... she is a cutie though

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
jameer nelson to the mavs.....
if he can stay healthy this is a great signing.
better leader than any pg they have (shooting especially), and a better signing than mo williams...IMO
jameer is hardnose....philly (chester) tough.....

Last edited:

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Some just hate for no reason

Cleveland is a great town and is the ultimate underdog sports town

I wish cleveland the best and hope they win not 1, not 2, not 3......... Titles

They aren't underdogs.....they are underachievers, just like half of the teams in the NBA. Big difference. The Spurs are underdogs. A small market team, having to survive on a budget, all the while staying competitive against the Big Market teams like LA, Boston, Chicago, NY, etc.

I could give a rat's behind about Cleveland. I hope they can make it back to the Finals again, though.........Would love to see my Spurs bust out the brooms yet again.

GO SPURS GO.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
They aren't underdogs.....they are underachievers, just like half of the teams in the NBA. Big difference. The Spurs are underdogs. A small market team, having to survive on a budget, all the while staying competitive against the Big Market teams like LA, Boston, Chicago, NY, etc.

I could give a rat's behind about Cleveland. I hope they can make it back to the Finals again, though.........Would love to see my Spurs bust out the brooms yet again.

GO SPURS GO.

Wow, you really love the Spurs.:eek::D

DFWJC

Reaction score

I think this is true, except maybe the coaching part. Larry Brown is a great teacher.
I do feel bad that SMU finally got a top national kid to stay but won't get to see how that goes. They had some decent momentum going over there.
But really, if he was going to have to sit out, 1.2 million and a full season of experience vs grown men is a good alternative.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Wow, you really love the Spurs.:eek::D

Born and raised in SA..............Silver and Black runs through my veins.

But seriously, a lot of pro teams are not underdogs, they are underachievers. They wallow in misery, year after year..........poor management, coaching, and player personnel.

When Houston won in 95, they were underdogs. They were a 6th seed (mainly cause of injuries and player movement during the season). But, even though they won the title the year before, they had a subpar regular season. They found a hot streak (at least Hakeem did) and they rode that to the title. They beat at least 3, if not 4 teams with superior records on the way to the title.

When the Giants beat the Pats to end the perfect season, they were underdogs. They squeaked into the playoffs and beat 4 teams with better records all while on the road, including the unbeatable Pats.

But Cleveland is no underdog.......just a mangy, filthy, stray mutt, that festers in some back alley year after year.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Spurs... underdogs? lmao Ok.

yes, the Spurs are underdogs.....just because we have had huge success, doesn't mean we aren't underdogs.

We are a small market team. SA is not a prime FA destination, we can't ever sign the big name guys. We have to live on a budget, meaning we cannot survive by having to pay that luxury tax. We continually get overshadowed in the national media by other teams or individuals, even though we are simply the standard in the last 15 or so years.

We basically have to build from within, rely on a little bit of fortune (Robinson, Duncan), our front office (RC and Pop) has to be practically flawless, and we have do basically hit on the draft year in and year out. Of course, we are able to get some key middle of the road FAs (Bowen, Horry, Diaw, Belinelli).

Still, we don't have nearly the resources to try and compete as the LA teams, Boston, Chicago, Miami, Brooklyn, Houston, Dallas, etc.

DFWJC

Reaction score
jameer nelson to the mavs.....
if he can stay healthy this is a great signing.
better leader than any pg they have (shooting especially), and a better signing than mo williams...IMO
jameer is hardnose....philly (chester) tough.....

Nice offseason for Dallas
Adding:
Tyson Chandler
Chandler Parsons
Al-Farouq Aminu
Jameer Nelson

Is pretty decent.