NBA Offseason

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
i dont believe that by any means or in any way.
that'd be retirement for lebron and well he could just actually retire.
he's not playing with that cast of kids. not with the warriors 2 hours away dominating.
lakers media is just not accurate to be honest. EVERY year they have them the favorites to land superstars and they simply haven't even been in the discussion for most.
lebron is too old and too committed to play for year 2 or year 3.
he wants to win now.
if he goes to lal they will revamp that roster with vets.
Whats this?

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
I think the Lakers have ended the talks for Leonard. It looks very much like Lebron is coming to the Lakers regardless of who else they sign. I will be shocked if Lebron doesn't sign with the Lakers on Sunday or Monday. I really don't care if Lebron becomes a Laker or not but the writing seems to be on the wall. I wouldn't buy into this idea that the Lakers need another player to lure Lebron, they don't.
:omg:

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Ya Randle!

@ShamsCharania
Sources: Lakers restricted free agent Julius Randle hasn’t yet received an offer from L.A., but has excitement for arrival of LeBron James. Randle’s representatives and the Lakers are expected to speak Monday, hopeful of potential offer to retain him.
8:41 AM · Jul 2, 2018

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
@jterrell & @darthseinfeld before this Lebron scenario took place we were talking good basketball, but it's clear as day that Lebron going to the Lakers has irked the both of you. It shouldn't but it does.

Hopefully we can get back to good basketball conversations and leave the emotionalism at the door.
Not irked at all. In fact Im happy. Lebron just handed us the EC until Fultz either figures out how to play basketball or they trade him for someone that does.

To me if they keep there core intact, I think your real window starts in two years with Ingram.

Ingram is the the opposite spectrum in alot of ways to what we have in Brown. Brown = NBA ready body with a skill set ( perimeter defence, slashing with some 3 point shooting). But Brown's ceiling is probably that of a top 20 player like Hayward, George, or Butler.

Ingram on the other has the skill set to be a top 5-10 player of he hits his ceiling. With his length, court vision, passing, and the myrid he can get points he has legit All NBA First team potential. But he doesnt have an NBA body yet, and will have to get bigger and stronger to be able to hit his ceiling as both a scorer and defender. I think he is a guy that starts to come up near his ceiling at the end of his rookie deal. I think once he gets bigger and in turn more assertive and confident you will see much more of what he can do as a point forward type player

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Not irked at all. In fact Im happy. Lebron just handed us the EC until Fultz either figures out how to play basketball or they trade him for someone that does.

To me if they keep there core intact, I think your real window starts in two years with Ingram.

Ingram is the the opposite spectrum in alot of ways to what we have in Brown. Brown = NBA ready body with a skill set ( perimeter defence, slashing with some 3 point shooting). But Brown's ceiling is probably that of a top 20 player like Hayward, George, or Butler.

Ingram on the other has the skill set to be a top 5-10 player of he hits his ceiling. With his length, court vision, passing, and the myrid he can get points he has legit All NBA First team potential. But he doesnt have an NBA body yet, and will have to get bigger and stronger to be able to hit his ceiling as both a scorer and defender. I think he is a guy that starts to come up near his ceiling at the end of his rookie deal. I think once he gets bigger and in turn more assertive and confident you will see much more of what he can do as a point forward type player
Very good post, i just hope Ingram gets there quicker then two more years.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Very good post, i just hope Ingram gets there quicker then two more years.
Well there is "useful player" and then there is " ceiling". Most players dont hit there ceiling until about 25-26. So if you are looking for a top 10 player it may be a few more years. He is probably a useful player right now, however he is a hard guy for me to project in the playoffs without know how much size and strength he has added. The 2017/18 version definitely wasnt ready for that

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Cousins signed with the GSW. I think it's a 1 year 5.3 million dollar deal.

Last edited:

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think Cousins is trying his value coming off an achilles. Such bad bad timing for that injury. Good situation for both him and GSW. GS isnt going to press him to play before he is ready, and they can give him rotations in while he builds strength back up in his heal. Going somewhere and he would have been expected to play 35 minutes plus as soon as he is cleared. GS, they can afford to feed him a slower diet of minutes.

This signing will be killer in May and June when it matters

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Lakers renounce rights to Randle who quickly sign with New Orleans.
AD, Mirotic, Randle in the front court. Will be interesting to see how that plays out. They had a pretty good showing in the playoffs last year with a 3 of AD, Mirotic and Jrue. I think Jrue has become underrated. He isnt a name he here much anymore when people talk about the better PG's in the NBA. Honestly if I was to pick a PG to win me a playoff series, Id probably pick Jrue over Dame

I could see a 3rd or 4th seed for New Orleans

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Sucks to lose Randle, but Lakers weren't offering more than a 1 year deal. Rondo will be great to help Lonzo's learning curve. We can stretch Deng still and have around $12 mill. Hopefully Lakers will now look at Brook Lopez.

lukin2006

Reaction score
I'm not the most knowledgeable NBA person ... so GS just got better. I do not see LeBron winning a title in LA anytime soon ... or even getting to the finals.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I am obviously out of my element in these NBA threads. James in LA is gonna be fun, tho, for the NBA and Los Angeles ... anyway you slice and dice it.

With that said, I’ll see myself out. Have fun!