NBA Offseason

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Im wondering if the Cavs are going to get in in Kawhi. I think thats a deal SA could make. Keeps both Kawhi and probably Lebron out of the WC. I think if they bring in Kawhi, Lebron would likely stay.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
LeBron, kawhi, and love?

Sign me up
I could see them trading Love. One of the possible trades I saw was Sexton, Hill and an unprotected 2021 pick for Kawhi. They can use Hill as the salary match, but I think if Lebron wanted to come back, they may deal Love for a better fit.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I can definitely see Khawi ending up in Philly

-Markelle Fultz
-Zharie Smith
-Philly 2019 first round pick
-Miami 2021 first round pick

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Im wondering if the Cavs are going to get in in Kawhi. I think thats a deal SA could make. Keeps both Kawhi and probably Lebron out of the WC. I think if they bring in Kawhi, Lebron would likely stay.
Think Sixers or Cavs have to be odds on favorites.
Cavs have young talent like Sexton and future picks to offer.
Plus Rodney Hood who'd blossom under Pop imho.
From Cavs standpoint it might be pretty ideal.
They get Kawhi and LBJ agrees to stay.

If both dudes jet next off-season they wipe a crap load of cap space off and start over but with one more title run that's not a bad deal.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I can definitely see Khawi ending up in Philly

-Markelle Fultz
-Zharie Smith
-Philly 2019 first round pick
-Miami 2021 first round pick
was my suggestion 100 posts ago.
Philly has a good selection of young talent and lots of future picks.

Fultz plus Texas Tech's (and Dallas kid)Zhaire Smith and some future picks would look awfully good and land Kawhi out of the West.
Embiid, Ben, Kawhi and LBJ would be GSW level talent in the East.
Only issue is timing and such. They have to make room for LBJ plus keep trade pieces for SAS and then have salaries work out since they will no longer have cap space.
OR they have to complete two trades or a monster 3 way deal to net both guys.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
was my suggestion 100 posts ago.
Philly has a good selection of young talent and lots of future picks.

Fultz plus Texas Tech's (and Dallas kid)Zhaire Smith and some future picks would look awfully good and land Kawhi out of the West.
Embiid, Ben, Kawhi and LBJ would be GSW level talent in the East.
Only issue is timing and such. They have to make room for LBJ plus keep trade pieces for SAS and then have salaries work out since they will no longer have cap space.
OR they have to complete two trades or a monster 3 way deal to net both guys.

That's why I think LBJ ends up in Philly for the next few years. I think he'll stay in the East, with a young talented team like the 76ers.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
Not a Mavs fan, but I like their draft. I was on record heading into the year that I was on the Doncic bandwagon. He’s a basketball savant, offensively. Best pick and roll prospect I've ever seen. It's insane. And they got a solid backup PG option.

I also like what Philly did. Traded Bridges for a guy with higher upside and netted the Heat first rounder. Shamet will provide outside shooting and another ball handset. Thought Thomas was a good pick too. Will be interesting to see what they do in the backcourt now. And worth taking a flier on Giannis younger brother.

Puzzled by Charlotte trading out of SGA. Thought that was a perfect fit next to Monk. Then, look to trade Kemba and start rebuilding again.

With 2 1sr

It was a perfect fit for the Mavs. You just know that Dirk and his shot doctor are going to be working with him as well.

Silver Surfer

Reaction score
Did Jerry West, in one move, just tell his starting center and head coach it was time for them to go?

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
That's why I think LBJ ends up in Philly for the next few years. I think he'll stay in the East, with a young talented team like the 76ers.
LBJ isn't going to play with kids alone.
Simmons had a 1 point playoff game and no one likes playing with kids less than LeBron.
But land him a Star like Kawhi/George then resign the vets Ilyasova and Belinelli?
I think then he'd be interested.

He tried to teach Kyrie to win but Kyrie hated the grind and the pressure.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Lakers and Spurs are talking again but as I suspected Lakers issues are
1. timing.
2. going for it all now versus keeping the kids.

Spurs are only trading Kawhi before FA opens if someone knocks them out with an offer.
Spurs are only trading Kawhi to the Lakers if that offer is MUCH better than anyone in the East.

Buckle up boys, its going to be a bumpy ride.

NBA has by far the most interesting off-seasons. Even if the seasons seem to play out as expected 90% of the time.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Mavs look likely to get De'Andre Jordan....
Crazy stuff but he fits the massive need for rebounding and interior defense as well as a rim roller.
Looks like a likely opt in by DAJ Then trade to Mavs for Wes.
DAL keeps about 20M cap space to offer someone like Jabari/Randle/Smart/Gordon
Resign Dirk for peanuts.

Rotation something like:
PG: DSJ/JJB
SG: Luka/Devin Harris
SF: HBarnes
PF: Jabari/Dirk
C: DAJ/Powell

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Lakers apparently offering a "Godfather Deal" for Kawhi. Be interesting to see what that entails. My guess is Ingram, Kuzma and picks.

I could see Ball going to Cleveland for Lebron in a sign and trade

Last edited:

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Lakers apparently offering a "Godfather Deal" for Kawhi. Be interesting to see what that entails. My guess is Ingram, Kuzma and picks.

I could see Ball going to Cleveland for Lebron in a sign and trade
I wouldn't give that for Leonard. Neither would i give Ball for Lebron when i could get him for only cash.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I wouldn't give that for Leonard. Neither would i give Ball for Lebron when i could get him for only cash.
Supposedly the Celtics are willing to give Kyrie and picks. So the Lakers may have to beat that

There are multiple bidders with very significant assets, so you are very unlikely to get him at a bargin.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think there could be a possibility Boston could basically take the team that went 7 games in the ECF and add Lebron and Kawhi.

Biggest obstacle would be making the Kawhi trade without Brown include. I think could be possible if they include both the Sac and Grizzlies pick with Kyrie

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Supposedly the Celtics are willing to give Kyrie and picks. So the Lakers may have to beat that

There are multiple bidders with very significant assets, so you are very unlikely to get him at a bargin.
If Boston lands Kawhi for Kyrie, then there is a good chancr they could land Lebron too
If the Lakers keep their youth and Boston gets Kawhi and Lebron i would think both teams made the right moves. I think the Lakers are really looking for a center via trade and i think Lebron is coming to the Lakers no matter who they sign or trade for.

I'm not a Lebron fan so if the Lakers remain as they are now going into next season i am ok with that scenario. I'm not ready to part ways with Ingram Kuzma Ball Hart yet.

Boston wants to win now and i don't blame them. The Lakers need more time to see what they really have before getting the lesser of any trade deals.

For me the biggest question mark is what is going to happen to Randle. I hope he resigns with the Lakers but how this all plays out with FA will determine that i think.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
I just saw the supposed Lakers summer league roster. Ball and Kuzma are not on it, but Hart is. I don't know what that's about, maybe they are on the trading block after all or maybe the FO thinks those two don't need summer league experience. I would have sent Ball and Kuzma to summer league along with Hart.

LAKERS SUMMER LEAGUE ROSTER
NAME POS HT WT DOB COLLEGE YEARS
Joel Berry II G 6-0 195 4/1/95 North Carolina R
Stephaun Branch G 6-5 210 11/7/95 West Georgia R
Thomas Bryant C 6-10 245 7/31/97 Indiana 1
Jeffrey Carrol G 6-6 210 11/6/94 Oklahoma State R
Alex Caruso G 6-5 185 2/28/94 Texas A&M 1
Josh Hart G 6-5 215 3/6/95 Villanova 1
Demarcus Holland G 6-4 180 3/2/94 Texas R
Nick King F 6-7 225 8/5/95 Middle Tennessee R
Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk F 6-8 205 6/10/97 Kansas R
Malik Newman G 6-3 190 2/21/97 Kansas R
Malik Pope F 6-10 220 7/25/96 San Diego State R
Xavier Rathan-Mayes G 6-4 210 4/29/94 Florida State R
Moritz Wagner C 6-11 245 4/26/97 Michigan R
Johnathan Williams F 6-9 230 5/22/95 Gonzaga R

I'm not sure if that roster is official or accurate.