NBA Offseason

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I just saw the supposed Lakers summer league roster. Ball and Kuzma are not on it, but Hart is. I don't know what that's about, maybe they are on the trading block after all or maybe the FO thinks those two don't need summer league experience. I would have sent Ball and Kuzma to summer league along with Hart.

LAKERS SUMMER LEAGUE ROSTER
NAME POS HT WT DOB COLLEGE YEARS
Joel Berry II G 6-0 195 4/1/95 North Carolina R
Stephaun Branch G 6-5 210 11/7/95 West Georgia R
Thomas Bryant C 6-10 245 7/31/97 Indiana 1
Jeffrey Carrol G 6-6 210 11/6/94 Oklahoma State R
Alex Caruso G 6-5 185 2/28/94 Texas A&M 1
Josh Hart G 6-5 215 3/6/95 Villanova 1
Demarcus Holland G 6-4 180 3/2/94 Texas R
Nick King F 6-7 225 8/5/95 Middle Tennessee R
Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk F 6-8 205 6/10/97 Kansas R
Malik Newman G 6-3 190 2/21/97 Kansas R
Malik Pope F 6-10 220 7/25/96 San Diego State R
Xavier Rathan-Mayes G 6-4 210 4/29/94 Florida State R
Moritz Wagner C 6-11 245 4/26/97 Michigan R
Johnathan Williams F 6-9 230 5/22/95 Gonzaga R

I'm not sure if that roster is official or accurate.

I don't think Ball or Kuzma would get any benefit from Summer League.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I wouldn't give that for Leonard. Neither would i give Ball for Lebron when i could get him for only cash.
Gotta keep in mind a player's intentions and what he actually does later are different things.
Kawhi wants to be a Laker but waiting and hoping it plays out that way causes lots of changes and a lost year.
It also means LAL need a supermax slot again next off-season.

Could force a lot of creativity for Magic.

Kawhi will be trades somewhere that's for sure which can change everything.
BOS or PHI look like great long-term destinations with major city cultures and marketing revenue to be had.

Were I LAL I'd offer Ingram, Hart, kid picked at 25 and a future 1st.
From there we'd trade ideas where they tried to dump dead money on me and I on them.
But I think it'd likely get back to mostly about these assets for Kawhi.

LAL has to gauge LBJ though.. if that doesn't seem a very likely deal just go use that cap space on a quality Center... or resign Randle to be the 5

Key will be beating any deal BOS/PHL/CLE put together.
BUT if you miss on LBJ then I could definitely see just signing guys to massive one year deals and punting a year and letting the kids grow up even more.
Enter 2019 FA cycle again with Max slot plus.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Gotta keep in mind a player's intentions and what he actually does later are different things.
Kawhi wants to be a Laker but waiting and hoping it plays out that way causes lots of changes and a lost year.
It also means LAL need a supermax slot again next off-season.

Could force a lot of creativity for Magic.

Kawhi will be trades somewhere that's for sure which can change everything.
BOS or PHI look like great long-term destinations with major city cultures and marketing revenue to be had.

Were I LAL I'd offer Ingram, Hart, kid picked at 25 and a future 1st.
From there we'd trade ideas where they tried to dump dead money on me and I on them.
But I think it'd likely get back to mostly about these assets for Kawhi.

LAL has to gauge LBJ though.. if that doesn't seem a very likely deal just go use that cap space on a quality Center... or resign Randle to be the 5

Key will be beating any deal BOS/PHL/CLE put together.
BUT if you miss on LBJ then I could definitely see just signing guys to massive one year deals and punting a year and letting the kids grow up even more.
Enter 2019 FA cycle again with Max slot plus.
I think the Lakers have ended the talks for Leonard. It looks very much like Lebron is coming to the Lakers regardless of who else they sign. I will be shocked if Lebron doesn't sign with the Lakers on Sunday or Monday. I really don't care if Lebron becomes a Laker or not but the writing seems to be on the wall. I wouldn't buy into this idea that the Lakers need another player to lure Lebron, they don't.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I think the Lakers have ended the talks for Leonard. It looks very much like Lebron is coming to the Lakers regardless of who else they sign. I will be shocked if Lebron doesn't sign with the Lakers on Sunday or Monday. I really don't care if Lebron becomes a Laker or not but the writing seems to be on the wall. I wouldn't buy into this idea that the Lakers need another player to lure Lebron, they don't.
i dont believe that by any means or in any way.
that'd be retirement for lebron and well he could just actually retire.
he's not playing with that cast of kids. not with the warriors 2 hours away dominating.
lakers media is just not accurate to be honest. EVERY year they have them the favorites to land superstars and they simply haven't even been in the discussion for most.
lebron is too old and too committed to play for year 2 or year 3.
he wants to win now.
if he goes to lal they will revamp that roster with vets.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
he's not playing with that cast of kids. not with the warriors 2 hours away dominating.
lakers media is just not accurate to be honest. EVERY year they have them the favorites to land superstars and they simply haven't even been in the discussion for most.
he wants to win now.
If they get Lebron, Ball, Ingram and Kuzma wont be on the roster IMO

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
he wants to win now.
You don't have to believe it, but you will see it unfold that way. Lebron is going to commit to the Lakers verbally sometime Sunday or Monday and George will follow shortly after and the Lakers will keep their youth going into the season. The Lakers might add some cheap FA's to fill in some of the blanks after those two have already signed.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
You don't have to believe it, but you will see it unfold that way. Lebron is going to commit to the Lakers verbally sometime Sunday or Monday and George will follow shortly after and the Lakers will keep their youth going into the season. The Lakers might add some cheap FA's to fill in some of the blanks after those two have already signed.
you could be right but absolutely zero in the history of lebron's actions lead me to believe that is anywhere near possible much less accurate.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Why wouldn't they be?
because lebron has routinely shunned young players and he just said as his team lost the Finals he wanted to play with guys who "thought" the game.
anywhere he goes has a win now mantra.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Seems Ball is hurt and that's the reason for him not being on the summer league roster, torn meniscus will be ready for season opener. Still don't know about why Kuzma isn't on the roster for summer league.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Because they will give them up for teammates. Lebron doesn't like playing with kids. Good chance one of them goes to Cleveland in a sign and trade so Lebron can get a supermax

Ball PG
George SG
Ingram SF
James PF
Center is the only question mark which the Lakers could go about solving in multiple ways.

Kuzma and Hart will come off the bench with some other minimum FA signings.

Ingram is the player you want defending Durant if that playoff match up is inevitable. Lebron knows this for sure.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Ball PG
George SG
Ingram SF
James PF
Center is the only question mark which the Lakers could go about solving in multiple ways.

Kuzma and Hart will come off the bench with some other minimum FA signings.

Ingram is the player you want defending Durant if that playoff match up is inevitable. Lebron knows this for sure.
They can also get James a much better chance at winning trading the young players. James knows this and Im sure its going to be a sticking point in his meetings with teams. James is going to want to know what teams plans are for their assets. If the plan is to let them develop, James will sign elsewhere.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
They can also get James a much better chance at winning trading the young players. James knows this and Im sure its going to be a sticking point in his meetings with teams. James is going to want to know what teams plans are for their assets. If the plan is to let them develop, James will sign elsewhere.
James is coming to the Lakers and Ball Ingram Kuzma Hart will be on the team for the season opener. Now if one of them gets traded mid season/trade deadline for a sweet deal that's a different scenario. This idea that Lebron coming to the Lakers and demanding all these team changes before signing is wrong but understandable because of the past, that's not in play now and we'll see it soon, or i will be dead wrong. Either way i'm good.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
James is coming to the Lakers and Ball Ingram Kuzma Hart will be on the team for the season opener. Now if one of them gets traded mid season/trade deadline for a sweet deal that's a different scenario. This idea that Lebron coming to the Lakers and demanding all these team changes before signing is wrong but understandable because of the past, that's not in play now and we'll see it soon, or i will be dead wrong. Either way i'm good.
We will see

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Word atm is Lebron has just landed in LA's Van Nuys Airport.

Last edited: