NBA Offseason

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You don't have to believe it, but you will see it unfold that way. Lebron is going to commit to the Lakers verbally sometime Sunday or Monday and George will follow shortly after and the Lakers will keep their youth going into the season. The Lakers might add some cheap FA's to fill in some of the blanks after those two have already signed.
Ill say this, I dont see Lebron, George and the Lakers young core winning more then two games VS GS in the playoffs

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Aren't you a Celtics fan? Why are you concerned about Lebron's decision making advancing him to the finals or not? Why is that important for you?
As a Celtics fan, Im not concerned with him signing with LA at all unless they move their young core. Lebron with LA's young core doesnt scare me at all. Even is they add PG13

Kawhi, that would be different

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
As a Celtics fan, Im not concerned with him signing with LA at all unless they move their young core. Lebron with LA's young core doesnt scare me at all. Even is they add PG13

Your golden then, Lebron leaving the east makes it even easier for the Celtics to advance. Good Luck vs GS in the finals.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
He was eligible for a fifth year that would have paid $47,063,478.........Not a huge NBA fan but please, someone tell me how in the world NBA can afford to pay their players this kind of salary?

Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN:

Adrian Wojnarowski

✔@wojespn

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1013270978917519362

All-Star Chris Paul will sign a four-year, $160M max contract to stay with the Houston Rockets, league sources tell ESPN.

12:00 AM - Jul 1, 2018
Twitter Ads info and privacy

Paul:

View image on Twitter

Chris Paul

✔@CP3

https://twitter.com/CP3/status/1013271051764158464

UNFINISHED BUSINESS...RUN IT BACK
1f918-1f3fe.png
1f680.png

12:00 AM - Jul 1, 2018
Twitter Ads info and privacy

A four-year max contract will pay Paul $159,730,592. He was eligible for a fifth year that would have paid $47,063,478, but good for Houston for avoiding that.

This is still a lot to pay Paul, 33. He remains an elite player, but he’s at an age most players decline. The final years of even this four-year deal could get ugly.

That said, the Rockets are going for it now, and Paul is instrumental to that. He, James Harden and a well-crafted supporting cast can challenge the Warriors. The present value is well worth the potential future downside for Houston.

DFWJC

Reaction score
At least the Mavs appear to be going in the right direction longer term.
I think they have > 50mil in cap space next year.

Good draft and I'm fine with adding DeAndre Jordan too.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Baynes staying in Boston for 2 years 11 million with a player option. Solid deal for us for a quality role player

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Seen reports that the Lakers are in on Cousins on a short term max. It also seems the Clippers are the most aggressive in the Kawhi sweepstakes

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
It was clear as day that he was coming to the Lakers. I said by Sunday or Monday, there it is.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score

Neither does the Celtics. Irving, Hayward, Brown, Tatum, Rozier, Smart, Robert Williams. That's it. Smart & Williams can't shoot.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
@jterrell & @darthseinfeld before this Lebron scenario took place we were talking good basketball, but it's clear as day that Lebron going to the Lakers has irked the both of you. It shouldn't but it does.

Hopefully we can get back to good basketball conversations and leave the emotionalism at the door.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
@jterrell & @darthseinfeld before this Lebron scenario took place we were talking good basketball, but it's clear as day that Lebron going to the Lakers has irked the both of you. It shouldn't but it does.

It's a shame hopefully we can get back to good basketball conversations and leave the emotionalism at the door.
Huh? I have made all of one post since LeBron joined lol.