NBA Offseason

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I don't think Boston would put Jaylon on the table, but the idea of a sign and trade with Smart has been floated around. However with our lack of 2018 draft capital, I don't know if Dallas and Boston are good dancing partners. Unless somehow a 3rd team is involved and takes Rozier, while giving Dallas a more current asset. We could offer up both the Sac pick and Grizzlies pick (which could be unprotected in 2021). But I dont think Dallas wants to play that long a game
Sorry I meant purely as 3rd party to the Memphis deal. DAL eats cap space for player.
MEM and DAL have talked a lot about Parsons back to DAL but DAL doesn't want to merely swap 5 for 4.
I think they'd be fine coming out with say 4 and 9 but that may be contingent upon long shot of 4 being Doncic.

Ultimately DAL can use the cap space to get a good player like Smart and select a good player at 5.
So this would really just be doing the same thing.

Gonna be an interesting night!!!

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Sorry I meant purely as 3rd party to the Memphis deal. DAL eats cap space for player.
MEM and DAL have talked a lot about Parsons back to DAL but DAL doesn't want to merely swap 5 for 4.
I think they'd be fine coming out with say 4 and 9 but that may be contingent upon long shot of 4 being Doncic.

Ultimately DAL can use the cap space to get a good player like Smart and select a good player at 5.
So this would really just be doing the same thing.

Gonna be an interesting night!!!
While you guys got screwed in the lotto, it helps that its a strong draft. Much like last year when you got a guy that would have been top 4 in most drafts at 9. If Bamba has the offensive upside some say, then out of Donicic, Bamba or Porter you should be able to get a strong core player at 5. You could say Dallas uas been winning the draft despite losing the lottery

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Absolutely LOVE the pick of Robert Williams. Excellent value and just the type of player we need. I could see him getting 15 or so minutes a game as a rookie. Will probably always be off the court to close games, but should give us a good defensive interior anchor

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Absolutely LOVE the pick of Robert Williams. Excellent value and just the type of player we need. I could see him getting 15 or so minutes a game as a rookie. Will probably always be off the court to close games, but should give us a good defensive interior anchor

Much needed athleticism to help defend the pick and roll as well. Good value at #27.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Much needed athleticism to help defend the pick and roll as well. Good value at #27.
He was a projected lotto guy before the season. Some people had him right below Bamba. Played the 4 though. Supposedly has motor issues, but they just said they still intend on brings Baynes back. So good chance he starts in the G league, and may have to earn a spot

3rd_n_inches

Reaction score
He was sitting at Buffalo Wild Wings about 15 min down the road from me when the draft started. I was in the town of Oil City, La were the kid came from earlier today...There isn’t anything in that town lol.

3rd_n_inches

Reaction score
Not even oil?
Naw not anymore. Matter of fact there is a few houses that are pretty decent in size that have been abandoned for awhile like a decade due to people getting rich in oil then blowing all their money. They had a show called “Bayou Billionaires” I think on the Discovery Channel awhile back which was funny I hung out with the kids on the show when I was young. The family struck it big in oil when Shell came in. I went to their house one time before they got the money and they definitely weren’t living high class

3rd_n_inches

Reaction score
Pick should convey next year, which could be a weak draft. I think its 1-5 protected next year and 2020, 1-3 in 2021 and 2022 and unprotected 2023. It will probably convey next season.

Small price for a franchise talent
I was wondering how the trade was laid out. Definitely appreciated!