NBA Offseason

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Max is max. Super max? Then I guess there is a super super max or a super super super max.
A "super max" is a contract a player can sign as a free agent the team that has his bird rights if he has met certain criteria like All NBA team. " Super max" is just the name people use for it, dont remember the actual name of the top of my head

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Lot of talk about Leonard to the Lakers. Hard to believe they would sign him but they are saying that Leonard is the Lakers to lose.
Its almost to the point that even while it may happen, the Lakers will find a magical way to still be a train wreck

Ultimately I think will choose the money and defending the title in Toronto, than playing 2nd fiddle to an aging star who's game whom at stage he is a superior player than

CowboysRock1980

Reaction score
Reddick to the Pels. Does his playoff streak continue?

76ers are not having a good offseason, 76ers lose Reddick, Butler is leaving, and 76ers give Tobias $180 million, ouch....hmm, I think Pelicans will make the playoffs if they stay healthy, they will be a fun team to watch next year

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Its almost to the point that even while it may happen, the Lakers will find a magical way to still be a train wreck

Ultimately I think will choose the money and defending the title in Toronto, than playing 2nd fiddle to an aging star who's game whom at stage he is a superior player than

I don't really see that. I mean, they managed to get the Max money deal done while still getting AD. That was a good move on them. If they manage to get Leonard, that's arguably 3 of the top 5 players in the world. That would be a talented core of players.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
76ers are not having a good offseason, 76ers lose Reddick, Butler is leaving, and 76ers give Tobias $180 million, ouch....hmm, I think Pelicans will make the playoffs if they stay healthy, they will be a fun team to watch next year
Even if they dont, Reddick is a good vet to have around young players

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I don't really see that. I mean, they managed to get the Max money deal done while still getting AD. That was a good move on them. If they manage to get Leonard, that's arguably 3 of the top 5 players in the world. That would be a talented core of players.
But they would have no one else and no money to go out and get anyone. Those 3 can’t play all game every game.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
76ers getting Richardson in a S&T for Butler, and are giving Horford a 4 year 109 million deal.

Horford deal is odd considering they just resigned Harris.

I dont know if they are a better now than last year

CowboysRock1980

Reaction score
Horford and Richardson just went to 76ers, it is a good signing but it does not make up losing Butler and Redick

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Horford and Richardson just went to 76ers, it is a good signing but it does not make up losing Butler and Redick
Philadelphia could be on those teams that rely's on matchups in the playoffs. Excellent interior skill and wing depth, but very very light in the backcourt. They could have there handsfull with a team like Indy that has VO and Brogdon

CowboysRock1980

Reaction score
Philadelphia could be on those teams that rely's on matchups in the playoffs. Excellent interior skill and wing depth, but very very light in the backcourt. They could have there handsfull with a team like Indy that has VO and Brogdon

True, it will be interesting

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I didn’t really let myself get excited thinking Durant and Irving were signing with the Knicks, so I’m not really bothered by today.

However, this free agency period would exceed my expectations if we were able to add D’Angelo Russell and say Reggie Bullock. That would go nice with Julius Randle and Taj Gibson who we already signed

CowboysRock1980

Reaction score
I didn’t really let myself get excited thinking Durant and Irving were signing with the Knicks, so I’m not really bothered by today.

However, this free agency period would exceed my expectations if we were able to add D’Angelo Russell and say Reggie Bullock. That would go nice with Julius Randle and Taj Gibson who we already signed

Just in case D'Angelo and Reggie sign somewhere else, at least Knicks got a nice player in Randle and a decent player in Gibson so it is better than nothing

Last edited:

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Thats alot of money to give a 33 year old Horford for 4 years. I wonder of there are any team options