NBA Playoffs thread

jimmy40

Reaction score
Watching Westbrook as a Thunder fan has to be unbelievable frustrating, moments of brilliance followed by moments of stupidity.

jimmy40

Reaction score
Watching Westbrook as a Thunder fan has to be unbelievable frustrating, moments of brilliance followed by moments of stupidity.

and I posted that before the two 3 pointers and stupid turnovers. good grief

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Odd playoffs so far. Pacers and Thunder are on the verge of upsets. No one looks very impressive so far. Looks like the Heat will have another easy path to the Finals. Really hoping the Blazers can become the real deal this year.

NIBGoldenchild

Reaction score
I can see that happening. It says more about how pathetic the East is than how good the Wizards are. The Rockets would win the East and they're probably gonna get swept by the Blazers.

I see your point, to a degree. The Rockets wouldn't get past Miami, like the rest of the league.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
I can't understand this basketball logic. Your team is down by 4 with less than 10 seconds to go. You go for a 2-pointer, leaving 3 seconds on the clock. Now, you're down by 2 and you foul, giving the other team a chance to take a 4-point lead, leaving you only 3 seconds and basically ending the game. Why go for 2 when you're down by 4 with less than 10 seconds to go? Shoot the 3. Don't depend on the other team missing a free throw. It's such a bad strategy and you see it all the time in the NBA.

By the way, I'm referring to the end of the Nets/Raptors game.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I can't understand this basketball logic. Your team is down by 4 with less than 10 seconds to go. You go for a 2-pointer, leaving 3 seconds on the clock. Now, you're down by 2 and you foul, giving the other team a chance to take a 4-point lead, leaving you only 3 seconds and basically ending the game. Why go for 2 when you're down by 4 with less than 10 seconds to go? Shoot the 3. Don't depend on the other team missing a free throw. It's such a bad strategy and you see it all the time in the NBA.

By the way, I'm referring to the end of the Nets/Raptors game.

Teams guard against the three in that situation. Easier to take 2 pts rather than none.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Teams guard against the three in that situation. Easier to take 2 pts rather than none.

I get it's easier to score a 2. But my point is, you immediately foul, leaving only enough time on the clock for one shot. If the opponent makes both free throws, the game is over barring a miracle. By shooting the 3 with 10 seconds left and down by 4, you're putting the game in your own hands. By shooting the 2, you're putting the game in the other team's hands.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I get it's easier to score a 2. But my point is, you immediately foul, leaving only enough time on the clock for one shot. If the opponent makes both free throws, the game is over barring a miracle. By shooting the 3 with 10 seconds left and down by 4, you're putting the game in your own hands. By shooting the 2, you're putting the game in the other team's hands.

They don't purposely go for two, but it is better than wasting time trying to get off a 3. Get the easy basket and hope they miss their FT's. I don't agree with it either, but it is what it is...................

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
What a game!

Great shot by VC, and there was a lot of clutch buckets being made down the stretch.

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
BreakableSickAsp.gif
BreakableSickAsp.gif

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
what the hell is up with Dallas? I have never seen Dalembert play so hard and so well. He is playing out of his freakin mind. The same with Calderon, Harris, and Blair. Carter is actually doing something against us as well, which is rare. The Mavs are playing one heckuva series and giving my Spurs absolute fits. Before the series, I honestly felt like the games would be tight, but we would sweep. Now I'm worried that if the Spurs don't get it together we are going to lose. yesterday's game was exciting and stressful to watch. One thing that really bugs me is the FT shooting. We were so good during the season, but the last two games we missed several.

History is now against us.....when tied 1-1, in franchise history the Spurs have never won a series when they lost game 3. Conversely, the Mavs have never lost when they won game 3.

Let's go get em on Monday.

GO SPURS GO

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
They need to blow up that team.

Wouldn't go anywhere near that far but they need to figure out how to create a. Match up problem for Memphis.

If Memphis could score more than 85 a game they'd be a title contender.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Thinking the Spurs are done is fools gold but this Mavs team has so many legit offensive weapons and Carlisle is as good as Pop so SA not owning coaching match up thus far.

That game winner was sick. Game had a last one with ball wins feel to it.

Noryb

Reaction score
They need to blow up that team.

They had the second best record in the NBA and their top 3 players are 25, 25, and 24 yrs old. Not to mention a 24 yr old Reggie Jackson. I see no need to blow that team up. Memphis is a good team.