NBA Playoffs thread

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
I'm on the West Coast so the Blazers game starts at the right time!

Should be another good game. Portland should take this one. I think Houston takes the next game and then the Blazers close out the series in 6.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Tell me again how Jeremy Lin got that big contract? That dude is pretty bad. I am pretty sure I can go out and throw up some air balls, dribble off my legs......where is my millions????

He did save game 3 but gave away two others......that guy is not worth what he is being paid.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
IMO you cannot pin the losses on Lin. Harden's defense is horrendous. If I were a Houston fan, it would be James that would get the lion's share of the blame.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Tell me again how Jeremy Lin got that big contract? That dude is pretty bad. I am pretty sure I can go out and throw up some air balls, dribble off my legs......where is my millions????

He did save game 3 but gave away two others......that guy is not worth what he is being paid.

Lin is a young Steve Nash type. Very useful player but in a very specific offensive system.
He is basically an AAU player. --hilarious for a Harvard kid btw,

The Rox issue is not manning up and handling Asik and Lin this year. Instead of taking 50 cents on the dollar for a better team fit to move on they kept them and the poor team fit. If the Rockets had Shawn Marion(or any defensive stud at the 3 or 4 really) in that lineup to defend at the 3 they'd be much better.

Harden needs to play next to a smart, defensive minded PG.
These are all problems I mentioned before the season when breaking down this supposed elite team.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Lin is a young Steve Nash type. Very useful player but in a very specific offensive system.
He is basically an AAU player. --hilarious for a Harvard kid btw,

The Rox issue is not manning up and handling Asik and Lin this year. Instead of taking 50 cents on the dollar for a better team fit to move on they kept them and the poor team fit. If the Rockets had Shawn Marion(or any defensive stud at the 3 or 4 really) in that lineup to defend at the 3 they'd be much better.

Harden needs to play next to a smart, defensive minded PG.
These are all problems I mentioned before the season when breaking down this supposed elite team.

Agree, I said it earlier when the Rockets passed on Rondo that it would bite them later. If he were here now, I think Houston would have won the series, he is a piece they sorely needed.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
IMO you cannot pin the losses on Lin. Harden's defense is horrendous. If I were a Houston fan, it would be James that would get the lion's share of the blame.

I was so mad the other night at Hardin that I turned the game off... Of course, they won. lol

That said, he has come up extremely small in this series.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
I was so mad the other night at Hardin that I turned the game off... Of course, they won. lol

That said, he has come up extremely small in this series.

I give credit to Wesley Mathews for Harden's struggle in this series. He is making him work both sides of the court.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
I dont really care who wins but the refs gave the blazers that game in ot. Both plays involved howard. Ball was stripped and was out on portland and the gave them the ball and they got a 3. Then Matthews falls and they lose the ball when they wouldve got the rebound.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
There has been so many calls and more importantly no calls against Portland. IMO Houston fans cannot or should not complain about the officiating. It has been terrible for both sides.

bounce

Reaction score
This postseason hasn't been the best showing for officiating across the board. Lots of mis-calls and non-calls in crucial spots.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This postseason hasn't been the best showing for officiating across the board. Lots of mis-calls and non-calls in crucial spots.

NFL referees are masters and experts compared to the clowns in the NBA. They make the game almost unwatchable on the calls and no-calls.

MC KAos

Reaction score
I'm glad we won the game but this series has seriously killed my expectations for the spurs. We can barely beat a crap team like Dallas, there is no way in hell we are gonna make it out of the west playing like we have been, specifically tony parker. I think we will ultimately win this series, but I really don't see how we beat Portland, we can't stop Dallas from scoring (at least before tonight) Lillard and Aldridge are going to eat our defense alive...

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
Dallas averaged 105 PPG this season with the 4th best FG% and 3rd best FT%. Not many teams stop them from scoring. On defense Dallas is weak, but they are elite offensively.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Dallas averaged 105 PPG this season with the 4th best FG% and 3rd best FT%. Not many teams stop them from scoring. On defense Dallas is weak, but they are elite offensively.

Precisely, a team with a great offense/defense and a terrible defense/offense is usually a fringe playoff team, much like the bulls or wolves. A team aspiring to win the title shouldn't struggle to beat a team like that, and honestly, look like the lesser team in a series. To me, this says more about the spurs than the mavs. The spurs might just not be as good as I thought we were its all smoke and mirrors by maybe the greatest coach of all time. It's much like the patriots and belichek

MC KAos

Reaction score
What I mean is, this isn't two great teams going at it, the winner of the series is probably going to lose handedly to Portland. Ironically, both Portland and Houston are good offense bad defense, but on horse steroids

bounce

Reaction score
I'm glad we won the game but this series has seriously killed my expectations for the spurs. We can barely beat a crap team like Dallas, there is no way in hell we are gonna make it out of the west playing like we have been, specifically tony parker. I think we will ultimately win this series, but I really don't see how we beat Portland, we can't stop Dallas from scoring (at least before tonight) Lillard and Aldridge are going to eat our defense alive...

I think Dallas is one of the worst matchups for the Spurs in the playoffs. I would have much rather played Memphis. Ironically, I think OKC would have much rather played Dallas.

bounce

Reaction score
Precisely, a team with a great offense/defense and a terrible defense/offense is usually a fringe playoff team, much like the bulls or wolves. A team aspiring to win the title shouldn't struggle to beat a team like that, and honestly, look like the lesser team in a series. To me, this says more about the spurs than the mavs. The spurs might just not be as good as I thought we were its all smoke and mirrors by maybe the greatest coach of all time. It's much like the patriots and belichek

I don't think they're not as good - they're just not getting any help from guys they've depended on all year long.

Danny Green averaged 9ppg this season, and is averaging 2.8 against Dallas.
Patty Mills averaged 10ppg and has 5.5 in the playoffs.
Belinelli dropped from 11.4 to 3.5

Not just minor drop-offs, almost totally disappeared. The bench was huge for SA all year, and short of Manu and Diaw, they're not doing anything in this series.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Green is specially disheartening, considering how fantastic he was last year.