NBA Playoffs

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think the meaning of my post was lost. Throughout much of its history the NBA has had teams that were thought to be practically unbeatable. Its just the way the NBA has always been. Its not the NFL where every year your team has a chance

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Everyone's allowed to be wrong from time to time. BTW I was a David Robinson fan then not Jordan. I just call it like it is.
I was a Bad Boys Pistons fan then but swayed over to the Spurs by David Robinson. Been a Spurs fan ever since.

Elusive6thRing

Reaction score
I think the meaning of my post was lost. Throughout much of its history the NBA has had teams that were thought to be practically unbeatable. Its just the way the NBA has always been. Its not the NFL where every year your team has a chance

It was lost when someone tried to claim the Rockets were some sort of dominate era.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It was lost when someone tried to claim the Rockets were some sort of dominate era.

You have no clue about that Rockets team thru your Air blinders. I never said era either but dominant for a short stint, reading comprehension 101.

Jordan came back refreshed and re-energized while Hakeem and others had two extra seasons of wear and tear. Chic also added Rodman on his return.

Neither of us know for sure what would have happened but to act like you know it all is nonsense. Houston peaked at the right time and I don't think it would have mattered if Jordan was there.

Rockets may not have two rings but would have won one of those titles.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I'm proud of the Rockets beating GS yesterday. That was a solid performance. Now they just need to win one in Cali.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
It only took 5 games for all four teams in the NBA conference finals to win a game. Cleveland is showing signs of life after dropping 2 games in Boston. Congrats to them on protecting their home court.

MojaveJT

Reaction score
Western conference finals is basically the finals at this point. Whoever wins that will most likely beat any of the East teams. I want the Rockets to win as I am not a fan of the Warriors at all.

Londonboy

Reaction score
Not loving this years playoffs, way too many blowouts, haven't seen every game, did I miss all the exciting games this year?

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Not loving this years playoffs, way too many blowouts, haven't seen every game, did I miss all the exciting games this year?
Can't imagine anyone really enjoying it unless they are a fan of 1 of the 4 teams remaining. Sixers fans had a blast in round 1 but then got hit with NBA reality. There's no competitive balance in the NBA.

BOS/CLE I think will be competitive and go 6 or 7 games.

HOU/GSW I think won't. GSW knows how to do just a bit more of everything HOU does well.

What I'd do is remove the single player cap. Literally no limit to what a single player can make. But I'd make hard and fast rules that limit teams going well above the cap beyond for the one guy.

I'd also love to see a relegation/elevation system like EPL to stop all the friggin tanking.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Going into the season, you know there's only 3-4 teams who have any realistic chance of winning the title, the rest you only watch if it's your team...

Elusive6thRing

Reaction score
I mentioned this once before and it looks like it may be continuing, in the Durant era GS hasn't needed more than 5 games to win a series.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Once the NBA allowed LeBron to basically create his own team by picking and choosing superstars, the league was pretty much ruined as far as having more than a handful of teams in competition for the title any given year. Warriors won the title and were allowed to add one of the top 5 players in the league?

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Once the NBA allowed LeBron to basically create his own team by picking and choosing superstars, the league was pretty much ruined as far as having more than a handful of teams in competition for the title any given year. Warriors won the title and were allowed to add one of the top 5 players in the league?
Exactly why I'd remove the individual player caps.
Wanna pay LeBron 75M, go ahead.
But you can't add 2 more max guys as well and make a roster.

The salary cap limiting what guys can make at high end means teams can pull 2 or 3 of them at once.

I blame the last CBA not LeBron.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Going into the season, you know there's only 3-4 teams who have any realistic chance of winning the title, the rest you only watch if it's your team...
It's been that way for 30 years IMHO.
No one hated Lakers/Celtics or Bulls vs everybody.

The difference to me is the fact you have about 30% of the league full on tanking.
Those games become unwatchable.
That's neither good basketball nor good for basketball.