NBA Playoffs

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Rockets lose by more than 15 tonight? I am thinking yes :(
I'd say 7-11 points.
GSW should do enough to win but I don't think HOU misses 30 lay ups this game.
That HOU scheme and philosophy is pointless if you miss lay ups.
I know because I coached my girls basketball team with the same 3 or lay up then D up mentality.
If we were cold on 3s we could usually hold on long enough and attack the basket to get hot from 3 and win.
If we missed lay ups or free throws though we could just go ahead and put in the back ups for experience.

You miss lay ups and the refs also seem to stop giving you fouls.
I would literally talk to refs and be in their ear about the other team saying, "don't bail them out if they can't make a lay up ref".

Elusive6thRing

Reaction score
It's been that way for 30 years IMHO.
No one hated Lakers/Celtics or Bulls vs everybody.

The difference to me is the fact you have about 30% of the league full on tanking.
Those games become unwatchable.
That's neither good basketball nor good for basketball.

I'm just one person, but I got sick of the Bulls winning. I usually end up not liking dynasties. I didn't like the Shaq/Kobe Lakers (I enjoyed seeing the Pistons upset them), don't like Golden State, the New England Patriots. I was born in 81 so I was real young when the Lakers/Celtics were dominating although I didn't mind that, didn't know better. But you are right it does seem the NBA has been dominated by dynasties other than the end of Shaq/Kobe Lakers until the Warriors unless you count the Spurs who never went b2b. I think the only one I ever liked was the 90's Cowboys. Maybe I just don't like dynasties when they're not a team I root for. :p

Now I'm afraid we're going to get Cavs-Warriors IV.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I'm just one person, but I got sick of the Bulls winning. I usually end up not liking dynasties. I didn't like the Shaq/Kobe Lakers (I enjoyed seeing the Pistons upset them), don't like Golden State, the New England Patriots. I was born in 81 so I was real young when the Lakers/Celtics were dominating although I didn't mind that, didn't know better. But you are right it does seem the NBA has been dominated by dynasties other than the end of Shaq/Kobe Lakers until the Warriors unless you count the Spurs who never went b2b. I think the only one I ever liked was the 90's Cowboys. Maybe I just don't like dynasties when they're not a team I root for. :p

Now I'm afraid we're going to get Cavs-Warriors IV.
Well you had less NBA teams so most of the country was EITHER a Lakers or Celts fan in the 80s.
Lakers had prettier basketball with Showtime and the Celts played better defense and had Bird shooting lights out from 3.

Most people who watched in the Jordan era rooted for their team than MJ. That was everyone's favorite player.

Reality is we've had 6 different teams win in the 2010's out of 8 chances.
Only 2 repeat winners: Heat going back to back and GSW winning 2 out of 3 currently.
With LeBron likely to change teams I expect the dominoes to fall differently next year.
Maybe very differently aside from GSW.

Elusive6thRing

Reaction score
Houston just gave GS their first home playoff lost since Durant arrived. They've suddenly got home court advantage back. But I still don't see them winning the series. We'll see.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
I think Houston won the series tonight. Their role players will play better at home and their defense really may have found the blueprint to stop the Warriors.

StylisticS

Reaction score
I think Houston won the series tonight. Their role players will play better at home and their defense really may have found the blueprint to stop the Warriors.
Meh. I don't think that at all. Unless Igoudala doesn't come back, I still think the Warriors got this series. Kevin Durant must play better though and 16 turnovers will not cut it.

StylisticS

Reaction score
I will say this though. Kerr not calling a timeout is just not good coaching. Brad Stevens would have called a timeout once he saw his player in trouble. Only down 94-92, they played horrible basketball in the last 3 minutes. That's hubris from Kerr IMO. Use your timeouts. That's why you have them.

StylisticS

Reaction score
Once the NBA allowed LeBron to basically create his own team by picking and choosing superstars, the league was pretty much ruined as far as having more than a handful of teams in competition for the title any given year. Warriors won the title and were allowed to add one of the top 5 players in the league?
People like to bag on Lebron but he wasn't even the first to do this in this era. Nor was it the first "superteam".

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Houston just gave GS their first home playoff lost since Durant arrived. They've suddenly got home court advantage back. But I still don't see them winning the series. We'll see.

Can't believe they won only playing 6 players.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Refs giving Tatum leeway. He hooks Lebron with his arm on defense (no call), gets a steal. Then drives to the basket, foul called on Love (replay shows he didn't touch him).

Elusive6thRing

Reaction score
It's amazing how much better these two teams are playing at home vs how bad they're playing on the road.

Elusive6thRing

Reaction score
Kyrie probably cares more about his embarrassing movie Uncle Drew than the Celtics right now.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Some reason Lue wants to keep an ice cold JR Smith in the game over Clarkson (who was playing well, hitting 3's). And Nance was playing awesome but sits on the bench. Great job with your rotations Lue.