NBA Playoffs

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Well with the meltdown by the Cavs, gotta thanx the Celtics for letting King James leave and go to either my Lakers or the Sixers. Personally I want Cousins or George and a resigned Randle myself.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
I told yas it's never easy to win in Boston during the playoffs. Laker fans know this lesson best and that's why i keep repeating it you all, i learned the hard way over many decades.

I didn't think GS would be this good during these playoffs because of injuries, i like Houston in game two but i'm thinking that series might end 4-1, GS advances and wins another title.

Elusive6thRing

Reaction score
I really don't even know why I watch anymore, Durant joining GS has ruined the league.

The only thing that will prevent them from winning the next 4-5 titles would be health or if the team broke up due to the salary cap.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I really don't even know why I watch anymore, Durant joining GS has ruined the league.

The only thing that will prevent them from winning the next 4-5 titles would be health or if the team broke up due to the salary cap.
Klay Thompson FA could be a thing. Draymonds too. At that point they will probably be in the repeater tax and may let one of those two walk

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

I look at the NBA as antithesis of todays NFL. You have always have one and maybe two dominant teams with the rest chasing them. Celtics/Lakers in the 80's. Bulls in the 90's. Lakers in the late 90's early 2000's. Its been most open from the Kobe/Shaq dynasty until GSW though

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I look at the NBA as antithesis of todays NFL. You have always have one and maybe two dominant teams with the rest chasing them. Celtics/Lakers in the 80's. Bulls in the 90's. Lakers in the late 90's early 2000's. Its been most open from the Kobe/Shaq dynasty until GSW though
The Spurs won 5 champioships in that time and you totally glossed over them. The disrespect couldn't be any clearer.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The Spurs won 5 champioships in that time and you totally glossed over them. The disrespect couldn't be any clearer.
Didnt gloss them over. Their championships were spread out as opposed to clustered up.

It more a testament to there longevity than disrespect. And they are a model my own favorite team is shooting for

Elusive6thRing

Reaction score
Rockets only won those titles because Jordan went to play baseball. (or the long standing rumor/conspiracy theory is, Jordan was secretly suspended due to gambling by the NBA)

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Rockets only won those titles because Jordan went to play baseball. (or the long standing rumor/conspiracy theory is, Jordan was secretly suspended due to gambling by the NBA)

Says the guy who probably didn't even watch those teams that long ago. Houston matched up well with Chicago and Vernon Maxwell gave Jordan fits on defense. Jordan himself said Hakeem took over as best player on the planet at the time.

Houston still wins those titles with or without Jordan, they were dominant for that short championship run.

Elusive6thRing

Reaction score
Says the guy who probably didn't even watch those teams that long ago. Houston matched up well with Chicago and Vernon Maxwell gave Jordan fits on defense. Jordan himself said Hakeem took over as best player on the planet at the time.

Houston still wins those titles with or without Jordan, they were dominant for that short championship run.

I absolutely watched those games then, Bulls would have destroyed the Rockets. Jordan was just being nice.

You think it's a coincidence that right when Jordan leaves The Rockets suddenly win and that means they were going to win all along? Please. I kind of wonder if you watched Jordan back then.

Also, if Hakeem was the best player on the planet then why did the Bulls win 3 more rings when Jordan came back? Scoreboard.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I absolutely watched those games then, Bulls would have destroyed the Rockets. Jordan was just being nice.

You think it's a coincidence that right when Jordan leaves The Rockets suddenly win and that means they were going to win all along? Please. I kind of wonder if you watched Jordan back then.

Also, if Hakeem was the best player on the planet then why did the Bulls win 3 more rings when Jordan came back? Scoreboard.
I think the Rockets would have won anyway.