NBA Playoffs

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
For me the NBA died after the 80's showtime.
It was a great era for Basketball .

I just found other areas to enjoy - like Duncan/Parker/Genobilli on the Spurs, the good passing and Duncan's rock-solid fundamentals. Also enjoyed Garnett and Pierce finally getting rings at the end of their careers.

But the proliferation of the 3-pt shooting teams has driven me away somewhat, games are decided by who is hot on 3s mostly, and that to me isn't basketball...

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I think the real argument for the surging NBA popularity is how it's overtaking the MLB, rather than catching the NFL. Maybe someday, but not anytime soon. With the MLB, average STH in baseball is mid-50s, viewers around the same age. NBA is lower-aged, more coveted demographic amongst ticket buyers and viewers. NFL passed baseball in viewer ratings in the 70's.

ESisback

Reaction score
Who's ready for the nail scratcher tonight? LeBron about to be down 0-3. Wasted a year of his unworldly long prime on this **** show team

Disagree. The GOAT, refusing to die, will show everyone his GREATNESS, and put his worthless, YMCA-league team on his broad and noble shoulders, and gut out a one point win in front of the Cleveland faithful! The underdogs will prevail in game three, like their mighty, Trump-hating bretheren in Philly! It’s the Year of the Underdog! The drama will be a huge rating$ boost, and TV pundits will continue with the Lebron Fellatio Fest!

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Disagree. The GOAT, refusing to die, will show everyone his GREATNESS, and put his worthless, YMCA-league team on his broad and noble shoulders, and gut out a one point win in front of the Cleveland faithful! The underdogs will prevail in game three, like their mighty, Trump-hating bretheren in Philly! It’s the Year of the Underdog! The drama will be a huge rating$ boost, and TV pundits will continue with the Lebron Fellatio Fest!

LeBron wouldn't have won the championship he did in Cleveland without Kyrie Irving. Well Kyrie isn't here. This Cavs team is weaker than the championship one, you may be right but I doubt it.

Not a Warriors or Cavs or LeBron on KD or Currie fan, just my impartial assessment as a casual NBA fan, so feel free to disregard my opinion.

Just like my wife does :(

ESisback

Reaction score
LeBron wouldn't have won the championship he did in Cleveland without Kyrie Irving. Well Kyrie isn't here. This Cavs team is weaker than the championship one, you may be right but I doubt it.

Not a Warriors or Cavs or LeBron on KD or Currie fan, just my impartial assessment as a casual NBA fan, so feel free to disregard my opinion.

Hey Brutha, happy wife happy life!

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
While I rue a lot for LeBron, this Golden State is sensational. I have a man crush on Klay, and the other two of the big three are fire. And Draymond is amazing at what he does. While this is boring now, we are witnessing, imo, the most dominant team ever and it should be noted and watched for its historical significance. It's really hard to muster enthusiasm for this series otherwise.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Curry killed his MVP chances tonight, 3-16 from the field. Looks like Durant is most likely Finals MVP.

This series was over before it started.
Steph is a killer (tho there is a pattern of him playing down in the playoffs/I know injuries in the past), but is it any secret that Durant is a different beast, E6R? Like Durant is the straw that stirs them Warriors, not Steph. At least in the playoffs. I know the Bay Area loves them some Steph, he's their #1, but that KD... daaaaayyyyyuuuuum

He was awful game one, tho. I'm sure everyone would agree

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score

Of course not. Now, would he have won this year if he had Kyrie? That's the real question for me, imo.

And guess what hoss, none of us know