NBA Season (18-19)

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Lets go Raptors
They are gonna make a strong run in the East. Toronto/Boston could be a potentially phenomenal ECF matchup.

Them getting Green with Kawhi is the under the rader move of the year. You will need strong wing defenders to match up with Boston this year and Toronto has 3 stopper level guys now. That series if it happens could be a great matchup chess match

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
The draft is a complete lottery too. You just may be tanking for Andrea Barganai or Anthony Bennett
My Mavs were the worst team of the 90s. Of a whole friggin decade and they got JKidd, Jamal Mashburn and Jim Jackson to show for it........................
Mavs tanked last year and dropped 2 spots below their record in the lottery, lol.

What they have done well lately is draft well.
Getting Dennis Smith Jr that late was insane.
Getting Luka at all even after a trade up was a major win.

Same as getting Nash and Dirk previously.

You get a Lebron every 15-20 drafts. Most other guys are just not winning a title much less taking a franchise from worst to first. Team tank dudes will pretend you can get that guy every draft and its just not true at all.
If you tanked full on 0-82 the last 5 years and won the lottery each time:
PG Markelle Fultz
SG: Andrew Wiggins
SF: Ben Simmons
PF: Anthony Bennett
C: KAT

You'd start the season with a team that 'might' get you a 7 seed in the West with a great coach and you'd need to pay 3 guys the max to keep them.

That's not to say if you get 60 games in and are bad you don't rest banged up guys and focus on the future but years long strategies of tanking is asinine.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
My Mavs were the worst team of the 90s. Of a whole friggin decade and they got JKidd, Jamal Mashburn and Jim Jackson to show for it........................
Mavs tanked last year and dropped 2 spots below their record in the lottery, lol.

You get a Lebron every 15-20 drafts. Most other guys are just not winning a title much less taking a franchise from worst to first. Team tank dudes will pretend you can get that guy every draft and its just not true at all.
PG Markelle Fultz

You'd start the season with a team that 'might' get you a 7 seed in the West with a great coach and you'd need to pay 3 guys the max to keep them.

That's not to say if you get 60 games in and are bad you don't rest banged up guys and focus on the future but years long strategies of tanking is asinine.
You really have to be hitting on all cylinders as an organization to really hit true contender status. You need to win trades, scout well, develope talent, and win the X's and O's to even have a chance. Playoff ball will expose you if not.

It was considered a major coup for Cleveland to land Wiggins. And I remember for word of Lebrons return heated up, he was the new savior. I remember there was some chatter at that time that he might be a soft player and not fully committed. Looking at his career so far, that seems spot of. I think his body of work is a good reason why Lebrons are so rare. Even if you land that supreme talent, there is a very good chance they come with fatal flaws like Wiggins and KAT's drive, Simmons shot, Kyrie's lack for playmaking ability, Davis's health issues, ect...

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

PG Markelle Fultz

Mavs lack of lottery "luck" the last couple could actually wind up an advantage. DSJ is top 5 pick most drafts and top 3 in some. But at 9 you dont have to pay him what you would a top 5 pick. Donicic is a #1 overall candidate in most drafts, but you only have to pay him as a #3 overall. It may not seem like much, but when you are looking into throwing your hat into the FA ring every dollar available helps. Not only your ability to add players, but it helps keeping you from making roster moves with the sole purpose of clearing space

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Sixers vs Celtics
Tuesday, Oct. 16, 2018 • 8:00 PM ET
TD Garden • Boston, MA
National TV: TNT
Radio: 97.5 The Fanatic, 98.5 The Sports Hub

Thunder vs Warriors
Tuesday, Oct. 16, 2018 • 10:30 PM ET
ORACLE Arena • Oakland, CA
Radio: WWLS 98.1FM OKC, 95.7 The Game

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Was watching the baseball game, just turned the phi bos game on few minutes ago and the refs let the contact go on first play i saw, i like that. I love basketball with little to no fouls/stoppages, feels like the courts i/a person grew up on with no refs and calling fouls were frowned upon. Game is supposed to be as fluid as possible.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Great opening win by Boston. Not anything you can get terribly excited about because the first couple weeks usually play like preseason, with teams usually out of sync.

Horford was the only Celtic to log 30 minutes. I think that is the direction they are going to go with there starters topping of at the low end of 30 minutes and key resevers like Smart and Rozier getting 25 to 30

Nav22

Reaction score
My Warriors still run this league with an iron fist.

Houston royally screwed up by not keeping Ariza/Mbah a Moute and signing Carmelo.

Boston is interesting and has a ton of depth. They’re also very well-coached. But their best player wouldn’t be a top-4 player on the Warriors.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Lakers season opener tonight

Lakers vs Blazers
Thursday, Oct. 18, 2018 • 10:30 PM ET
Moda Center • Portland, OR
Radio: 710 AM ESPN / 1330 AM ESPN DEPORTES, Rip City Radio 620