NBA Season (18-19)

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Mid-December last season we were easily the worst team in the league. Then Mirotic came back amd we activated Levine and Dunn played out of his mind. Next thing you know we're out of the running for Ayton. Even though everything you said is true I am afraid we go on another two month run of decent basketball once Lauri comes back. If Parker starts playing inspired basketball. It would be typical Garpax Bulls.

I wanted Doncic.

Last years draft was a huge kick in the balls. I’m going to pseudo root and follow the Mavs when I’m not watching the Bulls

Johnny23

Reaction score
I wanted Doncic.

Last years draft was a huge kick in the balls. I’m going to pseudo root and follow the Mavs when I’m not watching the Bulls
Word. I have been following Doncic kid is gonna be a star. I like Ayton too he has promise as well.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Spurs beat the Lakeshow in OT to keep them winless. Go Spurs Go!

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Lol, Dubs just put up 125 points in the Bulls with one full quarter to go.

Klay set the NBA record with 14 3-pt FGs.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Before the season started everybody swore my spurs were gonna miss playoffs and yet here they go doing the same old as usual

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Before the season started everybody swore my spurs were gonna miss playoffs and yet here they go doing the same old as usual
I had them at about 55 wins. They made the playoffs without Kawhi, and while Derozen isnt Kawhi he is definitely an All Star caliber player

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I had them at about 55 wins. They made the playoffs without Kawhi, and while Derozen isnt Kawhi he is definitely an All Star caliber player

They both have skills the other doesn't. Kawhis defense is light years better than Derozan but DeMar is more offensively skilled and is a better passer. Im looking forward to enjoying this season until GS inevitably smokes everybody

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Man, just watched some of the Thunder/Wiz game wanting to see Wall match up with Westbrook. Disappointed Wall was bringing next to no effort defensively.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
last night was a disheartening Mavs watch.

terribad Knicks walked them in the second half and Mavs have zero chemistry or clue.
gawddddd i haaazattttteeee tanking.
it's a 5 year process for win total payoff.....

this is stab yourself in the eyes stuff.

mavs have to either get it together immediately or trade off any vet worth a draft pick.

their R1 is protected but only top 5.
in DAL that means you must finish bottom 3 or outside top 9 because no team has worse lottery luck.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I actually wonder if the Celtics can get asset for Marcus Morris. Moving Morris has been talked about all offseason, as moving him pushes Boston below the tax. Its been thought that they may have to basically give him away because while he only costs 5 million. It would be hard finding a playoff team who can take that and you will have to attach an asset to get a non playoff team to deal.

However given his play to start the season (15/7 25mpg +.500fg) it may be possible to pull an asset from a team on the fringes of playoff contention.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Lebron signed up for this?
Lakers fans all put me on ignore when I suggested LeBron was going into retirement in LA but.....
This is kinda the worst team to surround LeBron with.
He knew that.
Lack of outside shooting, turn it over too much and the only OC was Javale McGee. DEF has been abysmal.

I still have no idea why they didn't move young assets while they were at a peak value coming off tons of touches last year for a proven star.
Waiting around to try and have your cake and eat it too seems foolish. Lonzo's value keeps dropping. Lebron is 34 this year.
You have KCP, Rondo, Chandler, McGee, Stephenson. Zubac and Beasley as free agents you pay cap holds for or dump them.
Even if you get a second "star" player you don't have a team.

It's the oddest collection of babies and grey beards I've ever seen.
There is literally no player in their prime.
I expect the Lakers to finish 6-9 in the WC.
That's no man's land. Too good to draft anyone and too low to win a playoff series.

Lakers won the biggest free agent prize possible and is still playing for a free agent bonanza the following year....

TOR/GSW look mean.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Lakers fans all put me on ignore when I suggested LeBron was going into retirement in LA but.....
This is kinda the worst team to surround LeBron with.
He knew that.
Lack of outside shooting, turn it over too much and the only OC was Javale McGee. DEF has been abysmal.

I still have no idea why they didn't move young assets while they were at a peak value coming off tons of touches last year for a proven star.
Waiting around to try and have your cake and eat it too seems foolish. Lonzo's value keeps dropping. Lebron is 34 this year.
You have KCP, Rondo, Chandler, McGee, Stephenson. Zubac and Beasley as free agents you pay cap holds for or dump them.
Even if you get a second "star" player you don't have a team.

It's the oddest collection of babies and grey beards I've ever seen.
There is literally no player in their prime.
I expect the Lakers to finish 6-9 in the WC.
That's no man's land. Too good to draft anyone and too low to win a playoff series.

Lakers won the biggest free agent prize possible and is still playing for a free agent bonanza the following year....

TOR/GSW look mean.
They gotta hope someone is selling low