NBA Season (18-19)

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
My Warriors still run this league with an iron fist.

Houston royally screwed up by not keeping Ariza/Mbah a Moute and signing Carmelo.

Boston is interesting and has a ton of depth. They’re also very well-coached. But their best player wouldn’t be a top-4 player on the Warriors.
Id say Kyrie is probably on par with Klay. Clear cut below Curry and Durant who are both in the top 5 or 10 in the league.

If Boston has an advantage in a Warriors matchup its perimeter defence. Smart, Rozier and Brown are very strong perimeter defenders. And while I wouldn't list Irving as a plus defender, he has improved sincr leaving Cleveland.

If we want to challenge you guys this year, we need All Star level improvements from Tatum and Brown. Thats alot to ask.

I thinknwe could give you guys a compelling series, but I dont think we have the horses to win

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
My Warriors still run this league with an iron fist.

Houston royally screwed up by not keeping Ariza/Mbah a Moute and signing Carmelo.

Boston is interesting and has a ton of depth. They’re also very well-coached. But their best player wouldn’t be a top-4 player on the Warriors.
With Cousins its hard to tell what you are going to get from him this. He will he an asset at some point, but its hard to expect to come back at 100% this season.

I would say in Boston/GS finals:

With Cousins near and All Star level: We would be lucky to steal a game

If Cousins isnt: I think we drop a competitive 6 game series with you guys

Nav22

Reaction score
With Cousins its hard to tell what you are going to get from him this. He will he an asset at some point, but its hard to expect to come back at 100% this season.

I would say in Boston/GS finals:

With Cousins near and All Star level: We would be lucky to steal a game

If Cousins isnt: I think we drop a competitive 6 game series with you guys
Yeah, I’m really not sure if Cousins will even be any kind of help to us.

He’s coming off a torn Achilles, he’s never played an efficient “winning” brand of basketball before and he’s on a new team/new system. So anything we get from him is a plus.

Boston is the biggest threat and probably the only real threat. Even last year without Kyrie and Hayward, I was rooting for Cleveland to win the ECF because I knew the Warriors could handle them easily in the Finals. Boston plays the right way (unselfishly) and Brad Stevens is outstanding, so they’ll be a tough out.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

He’s coming off a torn Achilles, he’s never played an efficient “winning” brand of basketball before and he’s on a new team/new system. So anything we get from him is a plus.

Boston is the biggest threat and probably the only real threat. Even last year without Kyrie and Hayward, I was rooting for Cleveland to win the ECF because I knew the Warriors could handle them easily in the Finals. Boston plays the right way (unselfishly) and Brad Stevens is outstanding, so they’ll be a tough out.
I think you could get him back mid season. Its a good situation for him because he can get a much smaller dosage of minutes as he works his was back. By post season you may be able to get 25 to 30 quality minutes

I think there is a good chance the torch is passed in 2020 but not this year. Not with Durant still a Warrior. Irving, Hayward and Horford are a good core, but we wont have to horses to run with a full powered Warriors team until Tatum or Brown are at a legit all star.

Matchup wise, we had some success limiting the Warriors on the perimeter the past couple. But there is also that game Steph dropped 50 on us on 25 or so shots. You cant expect to shut a great player down no matter the matchup

Nav22

Reaction score
Id say Kyrie is probably on par with Klay. Clear cut below Curry and Durant who are both in the top 5 or 10 in the league.

If Boston has an advantage in a Warriors matchup its perimeter defence. Smart, Rozier and Brown are very strong perimeter defenders. And while I wouldn't list Irving as a plus defender, he has improved sincr leaving Cleveland.

If we want to challenge you guys this year, we need All Star level improvements from Tatum and Brown. Thats alot to ask.

I thinknwe could give you guys a compelling series, but I dont think we have the horses to win
I’m not sure if Kyrie is your best player, and that’s not really a knock on Kyrie. He’s the most talented 1-on-1 player you have, but that doesn’t always equate to being the most important. Rozier picked up the slack and you guys sure didn’t seem to miss Kyrie too much in the playoffs.

Al Horford does it all. Losing him would be catastrophic, probably moreso than losing anyone else on your team. Vastly underappreciated player.

Tatum looks like he might be a true 2-way superstar in the making. Already very impressive.

Brown is my guy from Cal but I get more of a Harrison Barnes vibe from him than a “future star” vibe. Nothing wrong with that.

I love Smart’s game. Every team needs a couple feisty competitors who defend and play their butts off like him. He’s your Draymond, in a sense.

Nav22

Reaction score
The Warriors are getting a serious upgrade at center with Damian Jones. Pachulia had no business being on an NBA roster the past 2-3 seasons.
Haha Zaza was/is clumsy and would miss a layup/game, but he was very good in his role. Great passer and screen setter, excellent positional defender. He’s also great in the locker room and tough as nails... not to mention a legendary thug and agitator (ask crybaby Russell Westbrook). He just had zero athletic ability.

By the way, he’s still on an NBA roster. He played 15 great minutes off the bench for Detroit in their opener Wednesday night.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

I think at worst he plays a role similar to what Mo Speights did a few years back. Who knows how he's functioning after the Achilles but he's got plenty of time to come back the last quarter of the season if need be.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think at worst he plays a role similar to what Mo Speights did a few years back. Who knows how he's functioning after the Achilles but he's got plenty of time to come back the last quarter of the season if need be.
Either way, you need to account for Cousins if he is on the court even at 50%

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I’m not sure if Kyrie is your best player, and that’s not really a knock on Kyrie. He’s the most talented 1-on-1 player you have, but that doesn’t always equate to being the most important. Rozier picked up the slack and you guys sure didn’t seem to miss Kyrie too much in the playoffs.

Al Horford does it all. Losing him would be catastrophic, probably moreso than losing anyone else on your team. Vastly underappreciated player.

Tatum looks like he might be a true 2-way superstar in the making. Already very impressive.

Brown is my guy from Cal but I get more of a Harrison Barnes vibe from him than a “future star” vibe. Nothing wrong with that.

I love Smart’s game. Every team needs a couple feisty competitors who defend and play their butts off like him. He’s your Draymond, in a sense.
I think thats a really good comp for Brown. Barnes is a 16 to 18ppg type 2 way. A good guy to have as your 3rd option on offense and be lynch pin defensively. Thats what I could Brown turning into

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Was watching the baseball game, just turned the phi bos game on few minutes ago and the refs let the contact go on first play i saw, i like that. I love basketball with little to no fouls/stoppages, feels like the courts i/a person grew up on with no refs and calling fouls were frowned upon. Game is supposed to be as fluid as possible.
Ya , I can COPY on that view , I think I played the forward post position, but I was fouled out in unbelievably fast fashion& said to Hell with this team sport,,,I would reach in for that ball all the time though,,,o_O

Johnny23

Reaction score
I am just hoping that my Bulls don't blow this tank job like last year. Zion Williamson and,RJ Barrett are right there for the taking and I hope GarPax doesn't yet again screw it up. Because no established superstar is going to come play in Michael's shadow in the Windy City.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I am just hoping that my Bulls don't blow this tank job like last year. Zion Williamson and,RJ Barrett are right there for the taking and I hope GarPax doesn't yet again screw it up. Because no established superstar is going to come play in Michael's shadow in the Windy City.
I like Cam Reddish better than both

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score

No worries. Payne, Archie are horrible PGs....

Dunn is a bit of a mixed bag offensively. WCJ and Lauri desperately need good PG play. Add in Parker’s non interest and this should be a bottom team.

Johnny23

Reaction score

Dunn is a bit of a mixed bag offensively. WCJ and Lauri desperately need good PG play. Add in Parker’s non interest and this should be a bottom team.
Mid-December last season we were easily the worst team in the league. Then Mirotic came back amd we activated Levine and Dunn played out of his mind. Next thing you know we're out of the running for Ayton. Even though everything you said is true I am afraid we go on another two month run of decent basketball once Lauri comes back. If Parker starts playing inspired basketball. It would be typical Garpax Bulls.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
rondo-chris-paul.jpg

80 more games to go. :clap:

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Tatum has really taken a step this year. I don't think an All Star birth is out of the question

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

You guys should go after Rozier in FA in the offseason. If you add him and move Dunn into a high minute bench role ( where I think he would thrive as a stopper at the 1 and 2) you guys could have a really good guard group. Add to that Reddish or Barrett and you guys become one of the more interesting young cores out there. I could see that team nailing down a 6th, 7th, or 8th seed in 2020

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I am going to have to keep an eye on him.
Barrett may be a better for you guys, but im a big Reddish fan. I think he has real superstar potential.

Zion is going to be a really interesting player to watch. So unbelievably talented, but it will be interesting to see how he fits in todays NBA. He gets dinged alot for shooting, but I think it has more to do with how he plays the HS game rather than actual ability. Being at Duke, Coach K will develop him

Johnny23

Reaction score
Barrett may be a better for you guys, but im a big Reddish fan. I think he has real superstar potential.

Zion is going to be a really interesting player to watch. So unbelievably talented, but it will be interesting to see how he fits in todays NBA. He gets dinged alot for shooting, but I think it has more to do with how he plays the HS game rather than actual ability. Being at Duke, Coach K will develop him
Agreed. It is going to be interesting.