NBA Season (18-19)

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Well he can't sit on his mama's lap forever. The Lakers have been pampering Ingram since they drafted him. I don't think asking him to slow down and maintain control of his feet and the ball is asking for the impossible or even asking for too much. These are simple tasks and if he can't do them it's no ones fault but his own.
I mean, you have to develop him. Ingram was always a long term prospect more so than KAT or Simmons. Development isnt going to happen in a Lebron James environment.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
The Lakers have pushing the tempo to an almost extreme level this year. Its gonna be interesting to see how that high paced full court ball fares over the course of the season. If Im moving a young prospect right now it's Lonzo in a package for either Dame, Kemba, Beal or Wall.

Wall may be the best option, because he seems to be valued the least by his team. You could probably get him for a package of Ball and salary filler. In terms pf ability, he is probably more versatile than Kemba or Dame. Wall can push a break neck pace in the full court and either run the sets or play off Lebron in the half court
I don't think Lonzo gets you much.
Combine the daddy factor with his scoring struggles and he is at a fairly low value atm.
Ingram tho would draw serious, serious interest. He's a young KD type with top 5 player potential.
That should get you a proven vet all-star. Dame or Beal or someone of that ilk and you may even be able to attach a bad contract as filler.

Lakers gotta decide if they are playing defense or running it all game. When they defend they win so it might be time to derail GSW or Rockets lite offense.
Were I Magic I might well try and go get Draymond Green.
He's Lance Stephenson that can play both ends.

My Mavs are in same boat. Give up 110 or more than they'll lose 90% of the time. Give up less and win 80% of the time.
Offense always starts out ahead then teams get mad at losing and start playing actual defense.
By the playoffs the refs let you maul people.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Well he can't sit on his mama's lap forever. The Lakers have been pampering Ingram since they drafted him. I don't think asking him to slow down and maintain control of his feet and the ball is asking for the impossible or even asking for too much. These are simple tasks and if he can't do them it's no ones fault but his own.
This is why I have always been fervently anti-team tank.
These guys take a long time to truly get going.
KD actually lost an entire city in Seattle before he peaked.
KD, Russ, Harden.....
DAL and Dirk gave them the straight up business in 2011 as KD was learning.

Rookies offer so much hope and excitement but 19 year olds just seldom can ball with grown men. (Luka Doncic may be an exception since he has played pro for 5 years)

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don't think Lonzo gets you much.
Combine the daddy factor with his scoring struggles and he is at a fairly low value atm.
Ingram tho would draw serious, serious interest. He's a young KD type with top 5 player potential.
That should get you a proven vet all-star. Dame or Beal or someone of that ilk and you may even be able to attach a bad contract as filler.

Lakers gotta decide if they are playing defense or running it all game. When they defend they win so it might be time to derail GSW or Rockets lite offense.
Were I Magic I might well try and go get Draymond Green.
He's Lance Stephenson that can play both ends.

My Mavs are in same boat. Give up 110 or more than they'll lose 90% of the time. Give up less and win 80% of the time.
Offense always starts out ahead then teams get mad at losing and start playing actual defense.
By the playoffs the refs let you maul people.
As far Lonzo goes, he limits them because he is only effective in full court. With him in the game you absolutely have to push the pace.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
KD, Russ, Harden.....

Rookies offer so much hope and excitement but 19 year olds just seldom can ball with grown men. (Luka Doncic may be an exception since he has played pro for 5 years)
Star players need to spend a few years taking 15 to 20 shots a game ( with 7 to 10 bad ones) before they really get where, when and how to take there shots

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
I mean, you have to develop him. Ingram was always a long term prospect more so than KAT or Simmons. Development isnt going to happen in a Lebron James environment.

KD, Russ, Harden.....

I'm just asking for Ingram to be a little more patient with the ball, it shouldn't take 5 years to learn how to do that.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
As far Lonzo goes, he limits them because he is only effective in full court. With him in the game you absolutely have to push the pace.
which is fine if you have a bunch of young guys but tyson chandler and the aging wing of Lakers not named lebron don't need to ever play end to end.
lonzo needs a fresh start but lakers are stuck with him at his lowest value right now. tough call. his value will eventually rise again but tough to do with this team set up.
the lakers with kawhi instead of lonzo/ingram might actually win it all this year given the gsw drama.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
I'd bet if Ingram plays tonight he will be a little more patient since the legs might not all be there in the 2nd night of back to back games. :lmao:

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I'm just asking for Ingram to be a little more patient with the ball, it shouldn't take 5 years to learn how to do that.
I hear ya man, but they teach these guys stay aggressive, be aggressive, attack.
I watched Dirk grow up and Ingram will be similar imho.
Those insane outliers take time to gather coordination and skills.

Frustrating to watch now because you expect/need to win.
On a building team you just shrug and enjoy the good plays.

Watching Luka brings me pure joy but he also has some oh man that was bad plays too.

I never understood trying to maintain the extreme young half the roster while adding LeBron. Just doesn't seem to work systemically.
But Magic is a different kind of guy and perhaps he already has commitments from other superstars to join in free agency.
If he doesn't this would be a really weird way to go about returning to greatness.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
which is fine if you have a bunch of young guys but tyson chandler and the aging wing of Lakers not named lebron don't need to ever play end to end.
lonzo needs a fresh start but lakers are stuck with him at his lowest value right now. tough call. his value will eventually rise again but tough to do with this team set up.
the lakers with kawhi instead of lonzo/ingram might actually win it all this year given the gsw drama.
I think they always had there sights set on 2019, which is odd to me considering Lebron isnt exactly young and you are wasting a year of his career. I think its possible you could see a move when all of there offseason contracts become tradable. But I dont think it moves the needle unless someone really wants to unload a star player.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
I hear ya man, but they teach these guys stay aggressive, be aggressive, attack.
I watched Dirk grow up and Ingram will be similar imho.
Those insane outliers take time to gather coordination and skills.

Frustrating to watch now because you expect/need to win.
On a building team you just shrug and enjoy the good plays.

Watching Luka brings me pure joy but he also has some oh man that was bad plays too.

I never understood trying to maintain the extreme young half the roster while adding LeBron. Just doesn't seem to work systemically.
But Magic is a different kind of guy and perhaps he already has commitments from other superstars to join in free agency.
If he doesn't this would be a really weird way to go about returning to greatness.
I don't think they have commitments but i do think they know who they want and they know their chances are pretty good, and that's why i don't see them trading for a #2 during the season. It was more difficult to get a true #1 just to get the ball rolling, they did that so step one is done.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don't think they have commitments but i do think they know who they want and they know their chances are pretty good, and that's why i don't see them trading for a #2 during the season. It was more difficult to get a true #1 just to get the ball rolling, they did that so step one is done.
Problem is that its really hard to tell if a player is going to stay or bolt. Thats alot of money a player is leaving on the table to leave.

For the Lakers, Durant probably isnt going to want to join Lebron. Kawhi is warming up to Toronto. If Durant bolts, I dont see GS losing Thompson. You guys may not even get a whiff of the top tier guys. Kemba mabey, but you still have to convince him to come. Thats no slam dunk. The problem with banking in FA's, is that its the players and not the teams that have all the power

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Problem is that its really hard to tell if a player is going to stay or bolt. Thats alot of money a player is leaving on the table to leave.

For the Lakers, Durant probably isnt going to want to join Lebron. Kawhi is warming up to Toronto. If Durant bolts, I dont see GS losing Thompson. You guys may not even get a whiff of the top tier guys. Kemba mabey, but you still have to convince him to come. Thats no slam dunk. The problem with banking in FA's, is that its the players and not the teams that have all the power
I'm not worried about that yet. I will tell you what i am worried about. The Lakers have been starting Ingram at SG for the last few games. Good in some ways, but as any viewer can see Ingram can't cover any SG's in the NBA. He's constantly getting beat badly, it looks embarrassing. I hope that it doesn't effect him mentally or his offensive development.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'm not worried about that yet. I will tell you what i am worried about. The Lakers have been starting Ingram at SG for the last few games. Good in some ways, but as any viewer can see Ingram can't cover any SG's in the NBA. He's constantly getting beat badly, it looks embarrassing. I hope that it doesn't effect him mentally or his offensive development.
You guys are a hodgepodge right now. Trying to figure out how all your players. You guys may get 45-50 wins and an 6-8 seed, but there will be many frustrations along the way.

Honestly if I was Magic I would move Ball and Ingram for a legit star now and use that to attract another in the offseason. See if you make a move for Beal, then in the offseason pitch Lebron/Beal to Kemba. Lebron/Beal/Kemba is mighty compelling. Both fit Lebron like a glove

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
You guys are a hodgepodge right now. Trying to figure out how all your players. You guys may get 45-50 wins and an 6-8 seed, but there will be many frustrations along the way.

Honestly if I was Magic I would move Ball and Ingram for a legit star now and use that to attract another in the offseason. See if you make a move for Beal, then in the offseason pitch Lebron/Beal to Kemba. Lebron/Beal/Kemba is mighty compelling. Both fit Lebron like a glove

I'm not sure how many wins or what seed, but they need to make the playoffs.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Ingram is getting beat on every play now, three in a row. Ingram might need to be taken out of the starting lineup or Kuzma has to go back to the bench and they need to start josh hart at SG. It's getting ugly now. Ingram can't cover SG's in the NBA.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Wasn't supposed to be that close tonight but a win is a win.

Lets go Lakers!

:flagwave:

ghst187

Reaction score
Draymond, smh.....costing the Warriors championships since 2016.

OKC is humming right now....they look a bit like bullies all of a sudden.
Be a more interesting matchup with Steph back, maybe finally close to a fair fight