NBA Season 23-24

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Draymond Green suspended indefinitely after his punch on Nurkic. He earned and deserved it, he's been getting worse and dirtier and has been arrogant and shown no remorse over his actions.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
One month later, Spurs still looking for their first win. Wake me up whenever Wemby gets his minutes and for next year’s draft.

Cebrin

Reaction score
Tough game for Mavs. Escaped the Lakers, but with all the missing players against a good defensive unit, it is what it is!

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Celtics off to a great start with a .800 win % against a tough schedule. Top 5 has been incredibly strong and Hauser has been excellent on both ends of the floor. They still to add a bench piece or two. 6 and 7 are good, but they need an 8th and 10th that can be a flex in the playoff rotation. Or even someone to bump Pritchard into a 10th man spot. I really dont like the idea of counting on Pritchard for consistent playoff minutes unless he really gets consistent.

That last bench spot they can probably find someone on the buyout market, but they are going to need to trade for a quality 8th. Preferably a ball handler or wing. Jevon Carter and Sadiq Bey both fit into Grant Williams TPE and would be good adds. Kira Lewis would too, and he is a guy they had interest in drafting. Lewis could be a potential buy low. His shooting splits have greatly improved thos year, but his minutes are very low (under 10). As a lotto pick with an 8 million salary next year, I wonder if NO would attach a 2nd to offload him

ghst187

Reaction score
Some rumor speculation about the Jazz being willing to trade Lauri Markkanen. Lot of YouTubers say the Thunder should go get him. I don’t think it’ll happen because the Jazz will insist on a fleece job and Presti only takes fleece jobs in trades. But they do have enough draft picks and some bench players, even Giddy, who might could get it done. Very scary for the rest of the league if they added him although hard to imagine the fit with the current rotation.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I think the Warriors window for realistically vying for championships has sadly closed. They missed their last realistic chance to reload when they swung and missed drafting Wiseman. Moody and Kuminga are decent pieces but not necessarily roster cornerstones. If they're smart, they let Thompson walk at the end of the season.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Right now, I’m not 100% sure. Anunoby is better on D than Barrett, better from 3 so I get how we’re better. Not to mention I think Barrett is more or less who he’ll be long term

And I guess we weren’t going to resign Quickley, so getting a better player than both of them individually is good, but I’m not sure it’s worth both of them

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I'll like the deal more if they're still able to land Dejounte Murray

Still gonna struggle this year without Robinson, but I'd say at that point we'd be one player away

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'll like the deal more if they're still able to land Dejounte Murray

Still gonna struggle this year without Robinson, but I'd say at that point we'd be one player away
You didnt give up FRP's and Fornier's contract, so it shouldn't effect it much. Im not sure what they have to match for Murray, his 2023-24 salary or if there is a kicker due to his extention. If its just his 2023-24 then Fornier alone is a salary match. If not Fornier and DiVincenzo are close to 30. So either way its still a doable deal if they want it

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Only 2 games last night, but both were great, felt like playoff basketball. Warriors vs Nuggets, great game and Joker with the crazy game winner was nuts. The Bucks vs Spurs, Bucks have the second best and Spurs have second worse records, but it was the battle of the freaks, Greek vs French and came down to the wire. It was like watching Godzilla vs Ghidorah, it was like one long highlight reel.....

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
You didnt give up FRP's and Fornier's contract, so it shouldn't effect it much. Im not sure what they have to match for Murray, his 2023-24 salary or if there is a kicker due to his extention. If its just his 2023-24 then Fornier alone is a salary match. If not Fornier and DiVincenzo are close to 30. So either way its still a doable deal if they want it
Results for both teams look good so far

I hope RJ thrives in Toronto, he's a good player but I don't think he was a good fit with us

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Results for both teams look good so far

I hope RJ thrives in Toronto, he's a good player but I don't think he was a good fit with us
I see RJ as one of those guys thats needs to take 15 to 20 shots a game on a bad team until he is like 25 or 26

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I see RJ as one of those guys thats needs to take 15 to 20 shots a game on a bad team until he is like 25 or 26
I think he needs to stop trying to be a 3 point guy, he's just not consistent enough

Embrace more of a DeMar DerRozan type game

He's on okay defender, but has lots of room to improve there too

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Bucks fire Bucks coach Adrian Griffin who is 30-13. This has to be an HR thing like Udoka