NBA Season 23-24

Jayinem

Reaction score
Mavs and Rangers are fun to watch and have squads that can win it all, unlike a certain football team in Dallas.

But anyway, can't believe Denver beat the #1 team in the West Minnesota to make themselves #1 seed only to lose it the next game to the last place team in the entire West the Spurs! What an epic chokejob. Now they're in the #3 slot and need help to move up to #2 or #1 on Sunday the last day of the regular season.

This is good for the Mavs if they can beat the Clippers they avoid Denver in the second round.

I think they should give Luka MVP. I was thinking Jokic had it wrapped up but losing that game and him only shooting 9 times and it cost them the #1 seed I don't think so anymore. They could also give it to SGA as OKC is currently the #1 seed. Luka got Mavs all the way to #5 when they weren't a good team before the trade deadline and were rittled with injuries. If they had this squad the entire season Mavs would likely be #1 or #2 seed.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Mavs and Rangers are fun to watch and have squads that can win it all, unlike a certain football team in Dallas.

But anyway, can't believe Denver beat the #1 team in the West Minnesota to make themselves #1 seed only to lose it the next game to the last place team in the entire West the Spurs! What an epic chokejob. Now they're in the #3 slot and need help to move up to #2 or #1 on Sunday the last day of the regular season.

This is good for the Mavs if they can beat the Clippers they avoid Denver in the second round.

I think they should give Luka MVP. I was thinking Jokic had it wrapped up but losing that game and him only shooting 9 times and it cost them the #1 seed I don't think so anymore. They could also give it to SGA as OKC is currently the #1 seed. Luka got Mavs all the way to #5 when they weren't a good team before the trade deadline and were rittled with injuries. If they had this squad the entire season Mavs would likely be #1 or #2 seed.
Not sure it was a choke job as much as 2 seed path looks easier than 1 seed.
Most teams would rather face the Wolves in round 2 than the Mavs/Clips winner.
A lot less playoff experience with Minny.

West is going to be tough. Even the play in teams are very capable squads.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
pipe dream scenario.. with Warriors falling apart and rumors that team will dismantle, bring Steph Curry to the Spurs… 36 years old but I’ll take him… there’s the point to lead the team with Wemby… wonder how much he would cost?

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Not sure it was a choke job as much as 2 seed path looks easier than 1 seed.
Most teams would rather face the Wolves in round 2 than the Mavs/Clips winner.
A lot less playoff experience with Minny.

West is going to be tough. Even the play in teams are very capable squads.
Agreed. West is going to mow the East Champs.

Jayinem

Reaction score
pipe dream scenario.. with Warriors falling apart and rumors that team will dismantle, bring Steph Curry to the Spurs… 36 years old but I’ll take him… there’s the point to lead the team with Wemby… wonder how much he would cost?
He would cost you in a trade because he's not a free agent.

I think if Steph wants out the Warriors will grant that, if Steph wants to stay they'll let him stay. They'll probably let him pick his team too. However, don't see him picking the Spurs but who knows maybe he wants to play with Wemby.

Jayinem

Reaction score
I'll be watching NBA every night, especially the West.

Thunder vs Kings/Pelicans
Nuggets vs Lakers
Mavs vs Clippers
Wolves vs Suns

Those are all good series.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
He would cost you in a trade because he's not a free agent.

I think if Steph wants out the Warriors will grant that, if Steph wants to stay they'll let him stay. They'll probably let him pick his team too. However, don't see him picking the Spurs but who knows maybe he wants to play with Wemby.
Steph ain't leaving California. He will very likely retire a Warrior and then have ties to them forevermore like Dirk in Dallas but if he did want a final run it would be a Cali based team.
He saw his Dad hop teams and won't put his family through that.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
The NBA play-in felt weird and at times almost gross but it has worked wonderfully.
Made for a tremendous season in the West specifically but also allows a team like the 76ers to recover health and fight it out.

It also allowed key rest for teams who made that top 6.

Mikexike

Reaction score
Big game tonight for SACRAMENTO!!!!!! Hopefully we can take out the pels and have a SGA vs FOX 1st round.

Jayinem

Reaction score
Pelicans beat the Kings SIX TIMES TO ZERO this season, and just they won this one with no Zion. They just have their number.

To be fair losing both Monk and Huerter hurt their depth. Their bench got outscored by Pelicans bench 34-12.

Mikexike

Reaction score
Pelicans beat the Kings SIX TIMES TO ZERO this season, and just they won this one with no Zion. They just have their number.

To be fair losing both Monk and Huerter hurt their depth. Their bench got outscored by Pelicans bench 34-12.
Yeah, Pelicans are a bad matchup for the kings. Defensive Length and depth killed us.

Jayinem

Reaction score
Ugh, Mavs forgot to show up in the first half. How do you score 8 points in a quarter? Oh well, they can win Game 2 and still have homecourt advantage I assume they won't play that terrible in a half again. But Clippers have a really good team even without Kawhi.

Jayinem

Reaction score
Luka did his Dak impression in the playoffs. Stunk it up in the first half and his team was utterly destroyed only to have a good second half when it was too late.