NBA Season 23-24

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Clips on paper have way more fire power. Mavs were just a better team. I really didn't think Mavs would win. Holy cow are they playing gritty basketball.
Without Kawai they were dead in the water. With what they still had, they had the talent to make it competitive. They were never closing out Dallas without Kawai.
The only 2 Clips games they won were without Kawhi. 0-2 with him.
Dallas was just a better team but also just had better players.
Kawhi helped them in half court stuff but Dallas is the best half court team in basketball.

Clips future Hall of Famers were all on the downside of their careers and got fried trying to play both ways.

Locked on Clips guy called this before the series.
He said, "Once Dallas starts running it will be one-sided."
And it was.
Clips had been among worst teams in basketball versus fast breaks.
Dallas is also bad there, but Clips only have Westbrook to push the ball and Dallas begged Russ to shoot it anytime he touched it.

Clips will have to revamp big-time this off-season.
A bit like Mavs last year. Too slow and old.

I have been hoping for this OKC matchup.
Good one for Dallas with the advantage at center.
Lack of travel time helps with rest.

If they get passed OKC the WC Finals will NOT be any fun, lol.
DEN/MIN both just nasty good.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
The Nuggets are missing Bruce Brown, they thought Braun could fill in that role but he has been an offensive liability most of the season and terrible in the playoffs thus far.

Unless Murray comes alive I think my Nuggets are in some serious trouble. Hopefully they can turn things around in game two.

Cebrin

Reaction score
The only 2 Clips games they won were without Kawhi. 0-2 with him.
Dallas was just a better team but also just had better players.
Kawhi helped them in half court stuff but Dallas is the best half court team in basketball.

Clips future Hall of Famers were all on the downside of their careers and got fried trying to play both ways.

Locked on Clips guy called this before the series.
He said, "Once Dallas starts running it will be one-sided."
And it was.
Clips had been among worst teams in basketball versus fast breaks.
Dallas is also bad there, but Clips only have Westbrook to push the ball and Dallas begged Russ to shoot it anytime he touched it.

Clips will have to revamp big-time this off-season.
A bit like Mavs last year. Too slow and old.

I have been hoping for this OKC matchup.
Good one for Dallas with the advantage at center.
Lack of travel time helps with rest.

If they get passed OKC the WC Finals will NOT be any fun, lol.
DEN/MIN both just nasty good.
Eyyy. Good eval. I think this OKC one could go either way. If Dallas plays defense the way they did last series, and Luka shoots marginally better at the 3 it'll be tough for OKC IMO. This will either be a 7 game, or spanking. Which means basically that I have no idea what to expect. It purely depends on health, and consistency for Mavs. OKC has all bank, the Mavs are just trying to rob it. Percentages make the difference.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
The Nuggets are missing Bruce Brown, they thought Braun could fill in that role but he has been an offensive liability most of the season and terrible in the playoffs thus far.

Unless Murray comes alive I think my Nuggets are in some serious trouble. Hopefully they can turn things around in game two.
Timberwolves looking pretty darn scary. Dominating even without the former defensive player of year.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Congrats to Jokic on his 3rd MVP. I like Shaq but thought it was pretty classless that the first thing he said to him was that he thought Shai should have won it.

Jayinem

Reaction score
OKC/Mavs is over, Luka has a sprain knee that isn't going to heal and Mavs are too dependent on him. He really should have been MVP because without him Mavs have a high lottery pick.

Kyrie is a great second fiddle but he's never been able to lead a team to anywhere but the lottery. After Luka/Kyrie the rest of the team many nights can't score 40 points.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Congrats to Jokic on his 3rd MVP. I like Shaq but thought it was pretty classless that the first thing he said to him was that he thought Shai should have won it.
Feels like he was only saying it because was thinking about himself and all the 2nd place MVP votes he received. Unless your name is Jordan, I think they should spread the love a little. But no harm in giving it to Jokic. Like Kenny Smith said, he is the best center of his generation. Basketball truly is cementing itself as the international sport after soccer. Impressive that all 3 MVP candidates were from different nations.

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
Looks like you will enjoy this Playoffs then. New powerhouses all over the place. Minnesota, OKC, and even those lovable Knicks are back in action.
Even with OG the Knicks were never getting by Boston (provided they have beaten the Pacers) but without him, dont even know if they win this series.

Whatever the case basketball is back in NYC - they are a tough gritty team that gives it its all game in - game out...very proud of this team.

Hopefully next year Randle, OG and Robinson will all be healthy - that's our starting front court...incredible job Tibbs has done.

Even with all healthy they still need one more piece...next year should be fun.

Go Knicks - Go Rangers.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Even with OG the Knicks were never getting by Boston (provided they have beaten the Pacers) but without him, dont even know if they win this series.

Whatever the case basketball is back in NYC - they are a tough gritty team that gives it its all game in - game out...very proud of this team.

Hopefully next year Randle, OG and Robinson will all be healthy - that's our starting front court...incredible job Tibbs has done.

Even with all healthy they still need one more piece...next year should be fun.

Go Knicks - Go Rangers.
Knicks still have a roster move up their sleeve in the offseason

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
OKC/Mavs is over, Luka has a sprain knee that isn't going to heal and Mavs are too dependent on him. He really should have been MVP because without him Mavs have a high lottery pick.

Kyrie is a great second fiddle but he's never been able to lead a team to anywhere but the lottery. After Luka/Kyrie the rest of the team many nights can't score 40 points.
Mavs are trash in game 1s so never post after game 1 lol.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Shai is a heck of a player, an elite 3 level scorer and solid 2-way guy; but no isn't better than Jokic or Luka.

Jokic and Luka carry teams and eat double teams. They move the entire offense to control the game.

Shai is scoring at a very high clip but in a 5 out offense where he is surrounded by quality shooters to prevent double teams. And SGA is taking on a lesser defensive challenge same as other stars so his defense gets wildly overrated.

Jayinem

Reaction score
Mavs are trash in game 1s so never post after game 1 lol.
I know but Luka looked terrible and unhealthy and I thought that was the best Luka we were going to get, I was wrong.

Also PJ, THJ and Green were great.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Feels like he was only saying it because was thinking about himself and all the 2nd place MVP votes he received. Unless your name is Jordan, I think they should spread the love a little. But no harm in giving it to Jokic. Like Kenny Smith said, he is the best center of his generation. Basketball truly is cementing itself as the international sport after soccer. Impressive that all 3 MVP candidates were from different nations.
The Spurs started the international movement with Duncan, Parker and Ginobili as well as some key role players.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I know but Luka looked terrible and unhealthy and I thought that was the best Luka we were going to get, I was wrong.

Also PJ, THJ and Green were great.
I hear ya. Luka has been hobbling for a while now.

Time for some home cooking.

Jayinem

Reaction score
But in the other games he's still getting around 30 a game, he only got 19 in Game 1.

Usually Mavs need Luka/Kyrie to drop about 60 points to win, in fact their season average combined was right at 60. However last night they got 29 from PJ and 17 from Hardaway Jr. only got 9 from Kyrie. Those aren't normal though. If PJ scored his average of 13 per game we lose.

In Game 1 they only got 39 from Luka/Kyrie and lost by 22.

Last edited:

Robbieac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The Spurs started the international movement with Duncan, Parker and Ginobili as well as some key role players.
Bless your heart.

It sure is cute when you think that you know what you are talking about.