NBA Season 23-24

Jayinem

Reaction score
Luka/Kyrie combined for 27 points, in the regular season they averaged 60 points per game between them, Mavs miss 11 free throws to OKC's 1 and they still lead 95% of the game and barely lost. I think they have the best defense in the League now, but the offense looks putrid. I'm hearing rumors of Luka having a problem with alcohol hope that's not true but either way he is not healthy. I would have loved to have seen this team with this defense with a healthy Luka but it's not happening this playoffs.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Thrilled the Spurs got picks 4 and 8, getting that Raptors pick was a big win. Curious to see what the Hawks do in the off-season, it was almost a lock Young and/or Murray would be traded, but getting that 1st overall makes it more interesting.
Was watching Bill Simmons on that Draft and had an insider telling him that GMs in league were saying this upcoming draft is as if you started at #10 in previous drafts. Not encouraging. Weak Draft. If they don’t find a good trade, I hope they do what landed them TParker and Ginobilli and find an underrated international steal. I really like Nikola Topic but he seems to keep rising in mock drafts and was #2 pick now on one of the post-draft mocks I read. I don’t want those kids from Kentucky who choked the Final Four. I get enough Playoff choking with my Cowboys. Would like my Spurs to once again be that one team I can count on in the postseason.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
The Mavs collapse in the 2nd half was mind boggling. They had that game but just plain quit in the 2nd half. Luka’s being used and abused.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Porzingis looking like he should be back for the ECF. Thats big for Boston. Tatum has played a very good 2 way game in the playoffs, but his shooting efficiencies are way down this year compared to playoffs past. A good thing for Boston is I dont see him shooting 41% from the field for long

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
So...draft lottery was today

I know there are a lot of Spurs fans here and I'm not a Detroit fan but I'm curious who says no to this deal

Spurs 4th pick, Spurs 8th pick (from TOR), 2025 unprotected FRP for Cade Cunningham

I just think Detroit is getting close to losing him for nothing...he's a restricted FA after next season and if he signs a one year deal, they're in trouble
I think ita going to need to be more than that for Cade. Not a great draft. They would probably have to add another FRP or Keldon Johnson. Dont know that either Detroit or Cade would be ready to move on. If Cade is, he can definitely facilitate by saying he wont sign more than a one year deal

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I think ita going to need to be more than that for Cade. Not a great draft. They would probably have to add another FRP or Keldon Johnson. Dont know that either Detroit or Cade would be ready to move on. If Cade is, he can definitely facilitate by saying he wont sign more than a one year deal
Cade has been relatively hurt though since coming into the league. Might hit his value some.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
The 3 MVP candidates are getting every chance this round to prove why they should or shouldn’t have won the award. So far, Joker looks like he was the right choice. Again.

Jayinem

Reaction score
The 3 MVP candidates are getting every chance this round to prove why they should or shouldn’t have won the award. So far, Joker looks like he was the right choice. Again.
Luka is not healthy. I don't even care that much if the Mavs lose to OKC because I know they've got no shot against Denver without a healthy Luka. The Mavs are being saved by PJ Washington on offense otherwise it might already be over.

I'm not saying Luka should have been the MVP though although I think there's an argument the Mavs have to depend on him more than any other player on any other team. He put up historical numbers this season.

Jayinem

Reaction score
All the excitement has been in the West while Boston sleepwalks through the East. This weekend Mavs/OKC Game 6 and Nuggets/Wolves Game 7.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Jamal Murray is going to play the Nuggets right out of the playoffs. 1-12 to start the game with a few turnovers and way too much dribbling around.

He has been terrible in the first quarter most of this post season.

ghst187

Reaction score
If the knicks lose the series will someone do a one hour video with Dallas Cowboys gear on laughing at Stephen A Smith?

jsb357

Reaction score
did not expect that from Knicks too many injuries to overcome

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Really disappointed in the Nuggets second half collapse. They got away from what they do well and it cost them the game.

MPJ, Murray and Jokic missed a combined 21 three-point shots and had 8 of Denver's 10 turnovers. They also took 67 of Denver's 83 shots. That isn't good enough from 3 top scorers.

Denver is at its best when they get everyone involved. I felt like they made it too easy on Minn by camping AG in the corner / dunker role and it allowed them to camp 2 seven footers in the lane the entire camp which forced Denver into way too many 3 point tries.

Minn is a good team, who will most likely beat Dallas but should be an interesting series.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Rate this trade package for me...just kinda curious the return NY could possibly get

Julius Randle/OG Anunoby (one not both), Mitchell Robinson, Miles McBride, 24th and 25th pick in 2024 draft

Obviously depends on who's available, but I'm curious

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Rate this trade package for me...just kinda curious the return NY could possibly get

Julius Randle/OG Anunoby (one not both), Mitchell Robinson, Miles McBride, 24th and 25th pick in 2024 draft

Should get you a premier player, but I dont know that their will be a guy available worth that package

I think Dejounte Murray may be the best fit for you guys of the rumored available, and I think he carries a 2 FRP value right now

NY has the ammo to make significant moves, but I think they should be careful of tinkering too much as well

J817

Reaction score

Get rid of Randle, it may land u a player like Bridges on the Nets Or maybe Jimmy Butler if the Heat are desperate to move him (and aren’t getting better offers). It won’t land u a player like Donovan Mitchell.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Get rid of Randle, it may land u a player like Bridges on the Nets Or maybe Jimmy Butler if the Heat are desperate to move him (and aren’t getting better offers). It won’t land u a player like Donovan Mitchell.
There just aren't that many players in the league who put up 20 ppg, 9 rpg and 5 apg

The last 4 years for Randle he's been
2020-2021: 24.1 ppg, 10.2 rpg, 6 apg
2021-2022: 20.1 ppg, 9.9 rpg, 5.1 apg
2022-2023: 25.1 ppg, 10.0 rpg, 4.1 apg
2023-2024: 24.0 ppg, 9.2 rpg, 5 apg

The guys who you can count on to do that more or less are Domantas Sabonis, Nikola Jokic, Giannis Antetokounmpo, Alpren Segun and Luka Doncic

I just wouldn't be in a rush to trade him because I can't see us getting a better player

Ideally the package I mentioned earlier could be used to land Kevin Durant...but I don't know if PHX will make him available via trade. I'd do the trade for Bridges to, but I wouldn't include Randle...would be OG