NBA Season 23-24

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
There just aren't that many players in the league who put up 20 ppg, 9 rpg and 5 apg

The last 4 years for Randle he's been
2020-2021: 24.1 ppg, 10.2 rpg, 6 apg
2021-2022: 20.1 ppg, 9.9 rpg, 5.1 apg
2022-2023: 25.1 ppg, 10.0 rpg, 4.1 apg
2023-2024: 24.0 ppg, 9.2 rpg, 5 apg

The guys who you can count on to do that more or less are Domantas Sabonis, Nikola Jokic, Giannis Antetokounmpo, Alpren Segun and Luka Doncic

I just wouldn't be in a rush to trade him because I can't see us getting a better player

Ideally the package I mentioned earlier could be used to land Kevin Durant...but I don't know if PHX will make him available via trade. I'd do the trade for Bridges to, but I wouldn't include Randle...would be OG
I definitely wouldn't trade Randle for Bridges straight up. Granted his 3pt % peaks and valleys, but he is a threat from deep and stretches defenses

Robbieac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'll tell it, Mavs are good at basketball.
Agreed. They have a lot in common with the 2011 championship team.

Master ball handler (Kyrie vs Kidd)
SuperHuman European (Doncic vs Nowitzki)
Excellent Bigmen (Gafford/Lively vs Chandler)
Nice Role players (Jones etc vs Terry etc)

In fact…..I might take this 2024 team over the 2011 club.

J817

Reaction score
There just aren't that many players in the league who put up 20 ppg, 9 rpg and 5 apg

The last 4 years for Randle he's been
2020-2021: 24.1 ppg, 10.2 rpg, 6 apg
2021-2022: 20.1 ppg, 9.9 rpg, 5.1 apg
2022-2023: 25.1 ppg, 10.0 rpg, 4.1 apg
2023-2024: 24.0 ppg, 9.2 rpg, 5 apg

The guys who you can count on to do that more or less are Domantas Sabonis, Nikola Jokic, Giannis Antetokounmpo, Alpren Segun and Luka Doncic

I just wouldn't be in a rush to trade him because I can't see us getting a better player

Ideally the package I mentioned earlier could be used to land Kevin Durant...but I don't know if PHX will make him available via trade. I'd do the trade for Bridges to, but I wouldn't include Randle...would be OG
I forgot about Durant. Yea that can get u Durant. Im not down in Randle‘s production, I was thinking about his age and recent injury, though he is younger than I thought he was at 29. For some reason I thought he was around 32-34 range like a Jimmy Butler or DeMar DeRozan (that package would be to much for DeRozan). Randle is a solid player, I would have loved to have signed him after he left New Orleans.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Looking pretty grim for Indiana. Game 1 they looked poised to make it a dog fight. Now down 2-0 with Porzingis coming back for game for and Haliburton hurt, it doesn't look good for them putting up a fight

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
@nyc-cowboy @Manwiththeplan here is a a scenario: Knicks make a trade for Markkanen with Divincenzo, and Sims if they add a player with the Flynn TPE before hand. Those salaries are 3.3M short and Flynns TPE is about 3.8. A 2nd rounder would get that salary filler easy.

Now Markkanen is going to be pricey. In guessing more than the Hawks gave up for Murray. But this package keeps Robinson and Randle. And Markkanen can play 3,4, and 5. A top 9/10 of Brunson, Hart, OG, Markkanen, Randle, Robinson, Bogdanavich, Hartenstien, McBride and maybe Achiuwa is very compelling

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
@nyc-cowboy @Manwiththeplan here is a a scenario: Knicks make a trade for Markkanen with Divincenzo, and Sims if they add a player with the Flynn TPE before hand. Those salaries are 3.3M short and Flynns TPE is about 3.8. A 2nd rounder would get that salary filler easy.

Now Markkanen is going to be pricey. In guessing more than the Hawks gave up for Murray. But this package keeps Robinson and Randle. And Markkanen can play 3,4, and 5. A top 9/10 of Brunson, Hart, OG, Markkanen, Randle, Robinson, Bogdanavich, Hartenstien, McBride and maybe Achiuwa is very compelling
I honestly don’t see them trading DiVincenzo or Hart just due to chemistry. Not saying either are close to untouchable, I just don’t see it happening.

Also just my opinion, I don’t see any reason we’d want to trade for Markkanen unless it was part of a trade where we were sending out Randle. And outside of three point shooting I just don’t see what he does better and what he’d bring to the table. More injury prone, weaker defender, rebounder, ball handler/play making.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Looking pretty grim for Indiana. Game 1 they looked poised to make it a dog fight. Now down 2-0 with Porzingis coming back for game for and Haliburton hurt, it doesn't look good for them putting up a fight
Game 1 was a pretty big choke job, up 3 and they couldn't get the ball inbounded. Now they are probably done.

Jayinem

Reaction score
Why does the media need to have an agenda against a guy, when it comes to sports?

I've been seeing so much hate for Luka. Chris Broussard said when Luka made the WCF "to prove something to me, win the NBA Finals" something he never put on stars such as Joel Embiid, Shai Gilgeous Alexander, Jalen Brunson and many other ringless stars.

Then this morning I'm driving listening to sports radio, one guy asks the other "is Luka the guy in the NBA" the other didn't want to give a straight answer at first, but then he started talking about Memorial Day and said people can eat what they want, but Luka is too chunky for him, he likes his athletes .......then I turned it off. It's not a swimsuit competition and nobody asked him about Luka's bodyshape.

These are just two examples, I've heard plenty of more.

I wonder if it's a Dallas Mavericks thing though. If Luka were a Laker or a Knick would he get the same hate? I'm not so sure he would.

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score

Interesting...I really would have loved to see this team at full strength for a good period of time to have a better gauge of what we need.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Porzingis could be ready for game 4. I think that would be ideal to shake off the rust before the Finals and close the series out

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Boston/Dallas should be an exciting series. There will be some big storylines. Porzingis back in Dallas. Kyrie back in Boston. Expect alot of Kyrie hype game 1 in Boston

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Towns is 15 of 54 in this series :omg:
giphy-downsized-large.gif