Video: NBC Sports-Will Ekekiel Elliott be suspended for incident at festival-Pro Football Talk

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If you're Moore or Garrett, you want to run more or less of your offense through Elliott? He's going to want a lot more money and he's proven he is a risk for another time out. I think Moore has his orders to put more of this on Prescott, he's the one they want to be the star.
You’d think so. As much as Dak depends on our rushing game we were still 3-5 last year with Elliott until Cooper.

In todays NFL must have a passing offense. Elliott obviously enhances it but we must throw the ball and Dak must eventually be the driving force for this offense to become more than bottom tier.

glimmerman

Reaction score
If you're Moore or Garrett, you want to run more or less of your offense through Elliott? He's going to want a lot more money and he's proven he is a risk for another time out. I think Moore has his orders to put more of this on Prescott, he's the one they want to be the star.
If Elliot isn’t on a time out then I run heavy and lean on teams. Get a lead and bring Dak along more. But if we get behind we all knew Linehan would go pass happy.

aria

Reaction score
Only if you look at it from the repeat offender viewpoint and how many games that means.

If you are his GM or HC or a potential one, you have to be wondering 'why doesn't he get it'? Two red flags in college, one with his father moving to Columbus, rumored to be at the behest of Urban Meyer and two, throwing that fit after the Michigan game and saying "that's it, I'm going pro" like some spoiled child. Shows up at the draft looking like a rent boy, gets himself video'd in a bar spraying champagne on the crowd, that's reserved for the locker room with teammates. Is that all that bad? Of course not but it sets a pattern.

A pattern he followed at that parade while under investigation. That latest video isn't much unless you consider the pattern of behavior. Elliott is going to do what he wants to do and to hell with consequences.

And we can only guess at what happened at OSU to send his old man to live up there. It's not like universities are not willing to look the other way for star players, see Winston at FSU and Mixon at OU.

If I had a kid going to college or into the NFL to play ball, I would give them one of the soundest pieces of advice I could. Son, can't stop you from making bad decisions, just don't get them on a video. Just look at the NFL reactions prior to visual evidence like the Rice video and Hardy pics. It's not what it is, it's what it looks like. That's what they have to act on.

I also believe that's what will get Crawford. It's like when the Sepulveda film of the Kennedy assassination was revealed, exacerbated the reactions of Americans, even the ones that didn't like him.

How many nut jobs do you think are out there that would just love to get into the next Zeke Elliott film? Elliott needs to heed Parcells advice, you can't get into trouble if you're not there.
Just like he knew, the NFL is all about image. You don't have to add to it but tarnish it and we will make you pay.
You hit the nail on the head with the image part (amongst other things you mentioned). It’s really incomprehensible to me how some people don’t understand that with certain jobs, celebrity status, etc come certain responsibilities in public. Professional athletes aren’t the only ones who are expected to act in a certain manner while in the public view. I get so sick of hearing “everyone expects them to act like choir boys” or homeboy above calling some people women and using terms like “wussification”.

I would love to be able to knock someone out for calling me a name. I would love to push them. There have been some things I’ve seen (ie child abuse) where I wanted to kill the parents. Guess what? I can’t.

One of the first things they told me when I got my job was “remember, every time you’re at work you live in a fish bowl” meaning people are always watching you and can always see what you’re doing. Zeke, celebrities, etc are no different except they make much more money and are more famous but he needs to understand he will always be watched and can face disciplinary actions for his decisions. If I was caught on video doing the same thing Zeke did, in uniform or not, and someone gave that to my employer I guarantee there would be repercussions. It’s not ideal but that’s the world we live in so he can either decide to be smarter about what he does or face the consequences. I have zero sympathy for him, if he can’t make better decisions for the next 5-10 years of his life to make millions of dollars playing a game and retire at a young age to do whatever he wants and act however he wants then he deserves whatever punishment he gets just for being such a moron.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You hit the nail on the head with the image part (amongst other things you mentioned). It’s really incomprehensible to me how some people don’t understand that with certain jobs, celebrity status, etc come certain responsibilities in public. Professional athletes aren’t the only ones who are expected to act in a certain manner while in the public view. I get so sick of hearing “everyone expects them to act like choir boys” or homeboy above calling some people women and using terms like “wussification”.

I would love to be able to knock someone out for calling me a name. I would love to push them. There have been some things I’ve seen (ie child abuse) where I wanted to kill the parents. Guess what? I can’t.

One of the first things they told me when I got my job was “remember, every time you’re at work you live in a fish bowl” meaning people are always watching you and can always see what you’re doing. Zeke, celebrities, etc are no different except they make much more money and are more famous but he needs to understand he will always be watched and can face disciplinary actions for his decisions. If I was caught on video doing the same thing Zeke did, in uniform or not, and someone gave that to my employer I guarantee there would be repercussions. It’s not ideal but that’s the world we live in so he can either decide to be smarter about what he does or face the consequences. I have zero sympathy for him, if he can’t make better decisions for the next 5-10 years of his life to make millions of dollars playing a game and retire at a young age to do whatever he wants and act however he wants then he deserves whatever punishment he gets just for being such a moron.
Unfortunately with the celebrity status comes responsibility. You always have a choice. Don’t become a celebrity. There’s a price to be paid.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Why is it so difficult to admit some of these players we root for are Thugs.

Personally I’d rather they were in prison and I’ll bash them till the cows come home but as long as they wear the Star on their helmet I’ll root them on for 60 minutes just like I have all the other Thugs who’ve played for us.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Only if you look at it from the repeat offender viewpoint and how many games that means.

If you are his GM or HC or a potential one, you have to be wondering 'why doesn't he get it'? Two red flags in college, one with his father moving to Columbus, rumored to be at the behest of Urban Meyer and two, throwing that fit after the Michigan game and saying "that's it, I'm going pro" like some spoiled child. Shows up at the draft looking like a rent boy, gets himself video'd in a bar spraying champagne on the crowd, that's reserved for the locker room with teammates. Is that all that bad? Of course not but it sets a pattern.

A pattern he followed at that parade while under investigation. That latest video isn't much unless you consider the pattern of behavior. Elliott is going to do what he wants to do and to hell with consequences.

And we can only guess at what happened at OSU to send his old man to live up there. It's not like universities are not willing to look the other way for star players, see Winston at FSU and Mixon at OU.

If I had a kid going to college or into the NFL to play ball, I would give them one of the soundest pieces of advice I could. Son, can't stop you from making bad decisions, just don't get them on a video. Just look at the NFL reactions prior to visual evidence like the Rice video and Hardy pics. It's not what it is, it's what it looks like. That's what they have to act on.

I also believe that's what will get Crawford. It's like when the Sepulveda film of the Kennedy assassination was revealed, exacerbated the reactions of Americans, even the ones that didn't like him.

How many nut jobs do you think are out there that would just love to get into the next Zeke Elliott film? Elliott needs to heed Parcells advice, you can't get into trouble if you're not there.
Just like he knew, the NFL is all about image. You don't have to add to it but tarnish it and we will make you pay.
I get all of that and agree, but some here are throwing terms around to illustrate Elliott much worse than he is.
And, like I said, the core issue is alcohol and that is exactly what I would address if it were up to me. Before ANY contract extension. Or, move on.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I get all of that and agree, but some here are throwing terms around to illustrate Elliott much worse than he is.
And, like I said, the core issue is alcohol and that is exactly what I would address if it were up to me. Before ANY contract extension. Or, move on.
The alcohol just enhances his Thuggish behavior.

Like many jocks , they think they are invincible and above the law. If not for their celebrity status would probably be incarcerated.

Last edited:

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
The alcohol just enhances his Thuggish behavior.

Like many jocks I’ve seen, they think they are invincible and above the law. If not for their celebrity status would probably be incarcerated.
Some folks consider your terminology pretty offensive and I'm not interested in your attempt to incite. I won't respond again, no matter how many times you keep on repeating it. That is all.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Some folks consider your terminology pretty offensive and I'm not interested in your attempt to incite. I won't respond again, no matter how many times you keep on repeating it. That is all.
I’m not sure why anyone would take my bashing of Elliott personally?

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
You think he’d still fetch top dollar with his off field behavior and current situation pending?
Ha ha ha! As the Commanders and Raiders sign crazies and defend them...
Zeke will still get top dollar and fans of his new team will celebrate.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We have players with criminal behavior that unless they played on our team wouldn’t have any connection with them.

It appears very silly and obviously over sensitive to become emotional over these characters who temporarily represent the Star.

We’ve rooted for while bashing several of these characters over the years.

Haimerej

Reaction score
Beyond the pale do you mean those concerned with what the NFL may do because that’s a very justifiable reason. If not, I haven’t seen most or “many” people in this thread overly concerned with his actual action, it’s more about his history coupled with this which is something you seem to have a hard time understanding.

What exactly am I saying that would cause you to believe I don't understand? I'm at least trying to explain the points you're not seeming to get. You may not see, "many," but you seem to conflate, "many," with, "most." I see more than I expected to see. Guess we can disagree on what my personal view of, "many," is.

Let me ask you- do you think his action in this instance was beyond the pale? Do you think he did something wrong regardless of his history? Pretend he's got no history of problems. If you look at this in a bubble and still think he's irredeemably wrong, that's a leap I'm not willing to make.

BTW, glad you consider calling other posters a bunch of “women” to be an insult, you and Zeke would get along great.

Probably not. I doubt we have much in common. Do you think he likes early Yes music? King Crimson? Zappa and the Mothers? Captain Beefheart?

Let me guess though, that wasn’t meant as an insult and neither was “wussification”.

I don't know many guys who watch that video and rant about how he's out of control. Like I said the first time- without knowing what the dude said I'm reserving judgment. So yeah... as I said earlier, I'm mocking them as overly sensitive ladies. You can choose to be insulted or dismiss me as an ignorant misogynist.

I personally believe people can write checks with their mouths and have no problem with them being confronted for what they say. I'm not a subscriber to the idea that people can say what they want without fear of physical consequences. That idea is the, "wussification," to which I referred and most people who disagree with it, in my experience, are women. In fact, I've never met/read/heard a woman who agrees with me on that. I realize this is a minority opinion, but it's mine and I don't mind sharing it.

Last edited:
Reactions: G2

aria

Reaction score
What exactly am I saying that would cause you to believe I don't understand? I'm at least trying to explain the points you're not seeming to get. You may not see, "many," but you seem to conflate, "many," with, "most." I see more than I expected to see. Guess we can disagree on what my personal view of, "many," is.

Let me ask you- do you think his action in this instance was beyond the pale? Do you think he did something wrong regardless of his history? Pretend he's got no history of problems. If you look at this in a bubble and still think he's irredeemably wrong, that's a leap I'm not willing to make.

Probably not. I doubt we have much in common. Do you think he likes early Yes music? King Crimson? Zappa and the Mothers? Captain Beefheart?

I don't know many guys who watch that video and rant about how he's out of control. Like I said the first time- without knowing what the dude said I'm reserving judgment. So yeah... as I said earlier, I'm mocking them as overly sensitive ladies. You can choose to be insulted or dismiss me as an ignorant misogynist.

I personally believe people can write checks with their mouths and have no problem with them being confronted for what they say. I'm not a subscriber to the idea that people can say what they want without fear of physical consequences. That idea is the, "wussification," to which I referred and most people who disagree with it, in my experience, are women. In fact, I've never met/read/heard a woman who agrees with me on that. I realize this is a minority opinion, but it's mine and I don't mind sharing it.
If you’ve read this entire thread as you claim then you would know exactly where I stand on this because I’ve already answered all your questions above. I guess we both lack reading comprehension so I’ll sum it up.

Yes, even with his last history I would still find a problem with what he did. As I’ve already stated, if he layed a finger on me it would have been a brawl. I don’t care what the other guy said, Zeke turned around and walked back to the guy then made first physical contact with him. I’m sure if the security guard was bigger he wouldn’t have done that but with his history of bullying and entitlement I’m sure he didn’t have a problem putting his hands on a guy half his size.

I’m not saying you personally, but had the roles been reversed and the guard confronted Zeke, put his hands on him and Zeke knocked him out I’m sure MOST people here would 100% support Zeke and say the other guy started it (myself included). Since he’s a Cowboy, and especially one of our best players, what he did was a non issue of course.

I don’t think people should be able to hide behind words but I also don’t think people should be able to initiate physical contact over words. If that was acceptable, I’d be a border line serial killer, the only thing that keeps me from doing things like that are my job and the law. Zeke has zero regard for either, he’s a spoiled brat/thug/bully (whatever you want to call him) who has always been entitled and has no understanding of consequences for his actions.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you’ve read this entire thread as you claim then you would know exactly where I stand on this because I’ve already answered all your questions above. I guess we both lack reading comprehension so I’ll sum it up.

Yes, even with his last history I would still find a problem with what he did. As I’ve already stated, if he layed a finger on me it would have been a brawl. I don’t care what the other guy said, Zeke turned around and walked back to the guy then made first physical contact with him. I’m sure if the security guard was bigger he wouldn’t have done that but with his history of bullying and entitlement I’m sure he didn’t have a problem putting his hands on a guy half his size.

I’m not saying you personally, but had the roles been reversed and the guard confronted Zeke, put his hands on him and Zeke knocked him out I’m sure MOST people here would 100% support Zeke and say the other guy started it (myself included). Since he’s a Cowboy, and especially one of our best players, what he did was a non issue of course.

I don’t think people should be able to hide behind words but I also don’t think people should be able to initiate physical contact over words. If that was acceptable, I’d be a border line serial killer, the only thing that keeps me from doing things like that are my job and the law. Zeke has zero regard for either, he’s a spoiled brat/thug/bully (whatever you want to call him) who has always been entitled and has no understanding of consequences for his actions.

I understand your feelings but I don't think your assertion he bullied the guy because he was 1/2 his size is accurate. The way Zeke runs into potential tacklers and blocks much larger pass rushers, I do not believe he's a coward. A dumb#@* maybe, but not a coward, who is normally the guy that picks on smaller people. Just my $0.02.

aria

Reaction score
I understand your feelings but I don't think your assertion he bullied the guy because he was 1/2 his size is accurate. The way Zeke runs into potential tacklers and blocks much larger pass rushers, I do not believe he's a coward. A dumb#@* maybe, but not a coward, who is normally the guy that picks on smaller people. Just my $0.02.
That’s fine but the way he was blocking that girl and knocking out a DJ about as big as a paper clip I’m not so sure he would be quite so aggressive he wasn’t protected by flags and referees. Agree 100% on the dumb part.