NCAA 2018 College Football

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Harbaugh did fine. The DC Jim Brown screwed the pooch. The #1 overall defense in the NCAA and you give up 62? To me, that's just a lack of ability to adjust by Brown or they were way too confident.

I have no idea why so many Cowboys fans are enamored with an ex 49ers coach who chokes in big games and frankly isn't very bright.

So what were the excuses the previous three times? Jimbo was actually favored this year, by the way. :muttley:

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
46477064_10157051267290530_8313737189498290176_n.jpg

OSU vs. UM Saturday. Go Michigan

NOW I know why you're so in love with Harbaugh.
You should be used to losing THE GAME by now. Better luck next year. :muttley:

Last edited:

cowboyec

Reaction score
Notre Dame now in front 14-10.
always liked Notre Dame.
also think Bryan Kelly is a helluva coach.

jimmy40

Reaction score
I disagree. Notre Dame is grossly overrated, as is Bryan Kelly.

They'll get by mediocre USC, then get boat raced in the playoff.
their best win was Michigan, and that was before Michigan got rolling.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I am officially done with that old-school football crap. The only way old-school football works are if the defence shows, I have a feeling we will get whooped big time Thursday against the Saints.
Sure hope not.
At leastits not in New Orleans

jimmy40

Reaction score
If anyone thought Michigan actually had a good pass defense it's their own fault for not paying attention.

Michigan’s last 6 opponents and their passing offense ranks:
Maryland 123rd
Wisconsin 115th
Mich State 72nd
Penn State 84th
Rutgers 125th
Indiana 48th

DFWJC

Reaction score
I have no interest in LSU, but they are getting royally screwed by the refs in College Station tonight.
Unreal really...its preposterous

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I have no idea why so many Cowboys fans are enamored with an ex 49ers coach who chokes in big games and frankly isn't very bright.

So what were the excuses the previous three times? Jimbo was actually favored this year, by the way. :muttley:

That is Garrett with more grumpiness.
It is a strange desire.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
We aren't ever solving anything in the 4 team CFP era other than giving twice as many tams a shot as before.
4 versus 2.

But it's still eyeball test and warm fuzzies and bias.

jimmy40

Reaction score
We aren't ever solving anything in the 4 team CFP era other than giving twice as many tams a shot as before.
4 versus 2.

But it's still eyeball test and warm fuzzies and bias.
It will forever be a joke as long as Notre Dame gets special treatment. Who are they playing in their conference championship game?

4th_and_short

Reaction score
It will forever be a joke as long as Notre Dame gets special treatment. Who are they playing in their conference championship game?

You’re high lol. Who else can say they defeated two division champs and two division runner ups in two different conferences? Who went from California, to Chicago, back to Indiana, to NYC, and then back to Cali for their ending stretch? Throw a night game @ VaTech for good measure too. They’re #1 in strength of record for a reason. The other conferences championship game makes up for the fact they get extra bye weeks during the season. Look up the SEC’s opponents the week before this last one, it’s a joke.

Last edited:

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Who did Bama beat in their CCG last year? Oh...right.
You are both right yet TCU missed the CFP in a year when they were absolutely top 4...
And I hate the frogs.

Got to go to top 6 at least and reward 5 CONF champs and best Gof5 team OR preferably go top 8 and so with that group plus next two highest seeds.

It is maddeningly stupid.
There is literally ZERO logical reason not to.
Every other sport and football on every other level does so.

Handling it like 8th grade city ball is hilariously bad.

If CONF champs aren't best teams in a CONF then do away with all those games period.

4th_and_short

Reaction score
You are both right yet TCU missed the CFP in a year when they were absolutely top 4...
And I hate the frogs.

Got to go to top 6 at least and reward 5 CONF champs and best Gof5 team OR preferably go top 8 and so with that group plus next two highest seeds.

It is maddeningly stupid.
There is literally ZERO logical reason not to.
Every other sport and football on every other level does so.

Handling it like 8th grade city ball is hilariously bad.

If CONF champs aren't best teams in a CONF then do away with all those games period.

A step in the right direction is to make each P5 conference have to play the same amount of conference games. The ACC and SEC only play 8 (despite both having 14 teams) while the other three all play 9. So right there in scheduling is a discrepancy.

It’s an extreme scenario, but the only way to appropriately run the play off system would be to tear down the conferences completely as they are and reconstruct a 64 team CFP league. 4 regional conferences with 16 teams; 8 per division. Conference championship games count as the quarter finals. Conference champs then advance to semi finals, etc.