Neighborhood watch captain kills black teen - doesn't get arrested

CowboyMike

Stay Thirsty, My Friends
Reaction score
Hoofbite;4469589 said:
Gonna get interesting.

Hopefully they punish him and anyone who had a hand is sweeping this issue under the rug.

Amen.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I love seeing citizens get involved .

Kinda ironic ....... thats what the shooter is supposed to be for.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
VietCowboy;4469968 said:
New info from the girl Treyvon was on the phone with moments before the confrontation. Again, it makes it even more damning for Zimmerman. This kid was likely in fear for HIS life, tried to get away and was chased down by a big shady guy at night.

http://gma.yahoo.com/trayvon-martin...-teen-death-recounts-063243901--abc-news.html

Excellent. The Justice department and the FBI are going to investigate it as a hate crime.

This ************ needs to be removed from society.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
VietCowboy;4469968 said:
New info from the girl Treyvon was on the phone with moments before the confrontation. Again, it makes it even more damning for Zimmerman. This kid was likely in fear for HIS life, tried to get away and was chased down by a big shady guy at night.

http://gma.yahoo.com/trayvon-martin...-teen-death-recounts-063243901--abc-news.html

Wow.

If what she says is true, this guy is a flat out murderer.

Cornered a kid, pushed him into a fight and then shot him dead.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Trayvon's girlfriend was on the phone with him and he said that a man was following him and looking at him. For all Trayvon could have known Zimmerman could have been a molester hunting him down.

Some defend Zimmerman saying that he had a bloody nose or a cut on the back of his head, but even if he did it was because Trayvon was scared for his life and did as we all tell our kids to do if confronted by a stranger to run/fight back/kick/ scream and do everything that they can to get away.

Seems like Trayvon defended himself and I really don't understand how the SPD can so quickly "close" the case by saying that Zimmerman was in Self defense, because nothing i have heard or read makes seem like Self Defense was clear.

Any proper and fair Police department would make an arrest gather evidence from all sides and let it be processed by the state as it should be. Seems like the SPD just discounts and ignores anything that goes against Zimmerman's Self Defense excuse

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
I'm going to point out that the only side of the story getting reported is that of the deceased family, and that they have an obvious bias.

Perhaps the police are being racially biased, but I don't think it is fair to rush to judgement. the police are not as prone to air the facts in the court of public opinion because that can damage any future prosecution anyway.

the act of following a person in itself is not an aggressive act and can not be cited as a reason to respond, yet it seems many want to use that as damning evidence.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Eric_Boyer;4470426 said:
I'm going to point out that the only side of the story getting reported is that of the deceased family, and that they have an obvious bias.

Perhaps the police are being racially biased, but I don't think it is fair to rush to judgement. the police are not as prone to air the facts in the court of public opinion because that can damage any future prosecution anyway.

the act of following a person in itself is not an aggressive act and can not be cited as a reason to respond, yet it seems many want to use that as damning evidence.

Seems like the SPD was Bias against Trayvon and just easily accepted the Self Defense excuse from GZ. Did they collected the Gun? Zimmerman's clothes and all of the evidence that was needed to prove whether or not it was Self Defense?

Or did they let Zmmerman go without an arrest? The Kid was killed in Feburary the 26th and weeks ago in early March the SPD said that there was no evidence to go aganist the Self Defense excuse?

Seems like an awfully fast way to come to an conculsion on a case where someone is shot and killed, in any case where someone dies you would think that Police departments would want to take their time collecting all evidence and witness accounts before coming to an conculsion.

Yet they just accept Zmmerman's defense just like that? Even when someone is chraged with murder the state still has to prove in trail that the person is guitly. It looked like the SPD was going to let this case go, but Public and Media pressure brought other enforcements in to investigate

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
Romo_To_Dez;4470451 said:
Seems like the SPD was Bias against Trayvon and just easily accepted the Self Defense excuse from GZ.

yes, all the statements from friends and family of the deceased make it appear that way.

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
Eric_Boyer;4470483 said:
yes, all the statements from friends and family of the deceased make it appear that way.

I get what you're saying, but from the people that came forth and called 9-1-1 not all of them were friends and family.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Romo_To_Dez;4470451 said:
Seems like the SPD was Bias against Trayvon and just easily accepted the Self Defense excuse from GZ. Did they collected the Gun? Zimmerman's clothes and all of the evidence that was needed to prove whether or not it was Self Defense?

Or did they let Zmmerman go without an arrest? The Kid was killed in Feburary the 26th and weeks ago in early March the SPD said that there was no evidence to go aganist the Self Defense excuse?

Seems like an awfully fast way to come to an conculsion on a case where someone is shot and killed, in any case where someone dies you would think that Police departments would want to take their time collecting all evidence and witness accounts before coming to an conculsion.

Yet they just accept Zmmerman's defense just like that? Even when someone is chraged with murder the state still has to prove in trail that the person is guitly. It looked like the SPD was going to let this case go, but Public and Media pressure brought other enforcements in to investigate

Exactly. No one is saying Zimmerman is 100% guilty, though the evidence released up until this point heavily suggest that he is. But it is up to the courts to decide whether he is guilty of murder. The whole complaint is based on the fact that the SPD didn't even appear to try him for murder and just accepted his claim for self defense.

The SPD also claims that there is evidence on the 911 calls that Zimmerman acted in self defense. But even in that, their claim is still bogus, because you can here Trayvon screaming for help before a gunshot ends his life.

Apparently, the SPD believes that a 28 year old 240+ pound male with a gun was able to be manhandled by a weaponless, 140 pound 17 year old, and that the 28 year old Zimmerman screamed like a little kid for a full minute before finally being able to overcome the 140 pound kid and shoot him in self defense. Now ask yourself, does that make sense? Didn't think so.

Now that Trayvon's girlfriend is coming forward saying that Trayvon was chased and corned by Zimmerman after Trayvon tried to run away from the stalking stranger, the claim for self defense becomes even more bogus than before.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
CowboyMcCoy;4469913 said:
Yeah, it was on the radio this morning that the public outcry is why this thing got escalated to an investigation that will likely lead to the guy being charged with murder...or manslaughter, at best.

Makes you wonder how many times something like this happens and no one notices.

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
vta;4470492 said:
I get what you're saying, but from the people that came forth and called 9-1-1 not all of them were friends and family.

perhaps i am not privy to all the facts. In glancing at most links, I see statements from the family lawyer, and parents. I see ridiculous one sided pictures of the kid when he was much younger. It all points to a one sided attempt to win public opinion, which they are doing masterfully. I give them credit for that. Perhaps a cover-up has occurred, from what I understand they succeeded in getting it looked at by "higher ups"

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Eric_Boyer;4470426 said:

I think that's a matter of perception at absolute best.

There are places in America where someone following should be considered a threat.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
CowboyMike;4469356 said:
I just thought I'd add an additional perspective to this.

Zimmerman's family is claiming he is half White and half Hispanic. They are saying that he cannot possibly be racist because he grew up in a multiracial family.

As soon as a picture of the shooter went up, and he didn't look like Mr Rodgers, pretty much all vocal defense for him dropped.

That being said, that fact that he's half this and half that doesn't mean he didn't racially stereotype the kid.

I don't think the whole hate crime thing has to get involved here for race to have played a part in what went down. Hell, the fact that he was a male could have even been part of it. If it was a young black woman walking around the neighborhood, none of this probably would have happened.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Eric_Boyer;4470504 said:
perhaps i am not privy to all the facts. In glancing at most links, I see statements from the family lawyer, and parents. I see ridiculous one sided pictures of the kid when he was much younger. It all points to a one sided attempt to win public opinion, which they are doing masterfully. I give them credit for that. Perhaps a cover-up has occurred, from what I understand they succeeded in getting it looked at by "higher ups"

Maybe you should read all the evidence and listen to the 911 audio tapes first. There were numerous complaints from various members of the neighborhood about Zimmerman's antics before this incident occurred. The 911 tapes are from people who didn't know who Trayvon was.