Neighborhood watch captain kills black teen - doesn't get arrested

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
iceberg;4471760 said:
so what did the kid do to raise suspicion?

My kid, or the dead one? In my incident, the running is what raised my suspicions.

I think the dead one was unfortunately incorrectly linked with a string of recent burglaries in that town house.

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
iceberg;4471763 said:
as far as i'm concerned, the police/911 told him to NOT pursue. he did. whatever results from that is HIS responsibility.

period.

that is not grounds for murder. this will be the Casey Anthony case all over again with the public wailing and crying over the verdict based on the court of public opinion.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Eric_Boyer;4471767 said:
My kid, or the dead one? In my incident, the running is what raised my suspicions.

I think the dead one was unfortunately incorrectly linked with a string of recent burglaries in that town house.

so zimmerman was wrong - is that what i'm hearing?

Eric_Boyer;4471771 said:
that is not grounds for murder. this will be the Casey Anthony case all over again with the public wailing and crying over the verdict based on the court of public opinion.

so you're basically saying zimmerman is not to be held responsible for his actions. got it.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Eric_Boyer;4471710 said:
When I was younger I witnessed a teen steal a Christmas wreath off my neighbors front door. I chased him down, in this case we were both running.

You do know that if you had been chasing the kid and he had run into traffic to get away from you and gotten himself killed, there's a chance you could have been charged with a crime yourself, right?

If you had caught him and beaten the snot out of him, there's also a chance you could have been charged with a crime. If you had caught him, gotten in a scuffle and stabbed him to death, again, you'd probably be facing charges.

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
iceberg;4471780 said:
so zimmerman was wrong - is that what i'm hearing?

From what I know of this young man, he was wrong to be suspicious.

so you're basically saying zimmerman is not to be held responsible for his actions. got it.

I’m saying we need to wait for forensics. The only issue is what happened when they met face to face. Pursuing on a public street does not make a person guilty of what happens later.

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
TheCount;4471787 said:
You do know that if you had been chasing the kid and he had run into traffic to get away from you and gotten himself killed, there's a chance you could have been charged with a crime yourself, right?

If you had caught him and beaten the snot out of him, there's also a chance you could have been charged with a crime. If you had caught him, gotten in a scuffle and stabbed him to death, again, you'd probably be facing charges.

especially with you people on the jury.

"the cops told you to not chase."

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Eric_Boyer;4471793 said:

I’m saying we need to wait for forensics. The only issue is what happened when they met face to face. Pursuing on a public street does not make a person guilty of what happens later.

i won't disagree we need more information, but at the risk of combining threads, what if zimmerman pulled a shane hit his head against a wall to show/fake injury?

some things i suppose we'll never know. but i do believe he was dead wrong to do what he did and should be held accountable.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Eric_Boyer;4471798 said:
especially with you people on the jury.

"the cops told you to not chase."

I don't know where you studied law, but last I remember the jury doesn't press charges or make arrests.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Eric_Boyer;4471793 said:

I believe the main problem is with the forensics. I don't believe Sanford police followed proper protocol in gathering evidence. While they have all the info from Martin, because they didn't arrest Zimmerman or even detain him briefly, I don't believe they gathered his clothes and whatnot to go with the evidence for analysis.

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
iceberg;4471807 said:
i won't disagree we need more information, but at the risk of combining threads, what if zimmerman pulled a shane hit his head against a wall to show/fake injury?

chalk it up to the blackstone ratio

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;4471811 said:
I believe the main problem is with the forensics. I don't believe Sanford police followed proper protocol in gathering evidence. While they have all the info from Martin, because they didn't arrest Zimmerman or even detain him briefly, I don't believe they gathered his clothes and whatnot to go with the evidence for analysis.

Audio forensics are going to be the most useful. We know who shot who and cuts and scrapes alone do not tell who started the physical confrontation.

Zimmerman claimed on scene he was crying for help and nobody would come and help. If they can somehow math the cries for help on the 9-11 tape with either of these people, it will help tremendously in knowing if he was being honest.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Eric_Boyer;4471816 said:
Audio forensics are going to be the most useful. We know who shot who and cuts and scrapes alone do not tell who started the physical confrontation.

Zimmerman claimed on scene he was crying for help and nobody would come and help. If they can somehow math the cries for help on the 9-11 tape with either of these people, it will help tremendously in knowing if he was being honest.

at the risk of another walking dead scenario, i couldn't see that little kid getting the jump on shane either.

he went at an innocent kid. he started the altercation. he used deadly force.

he was told not to pursue him and he did.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Eric_Boyer;4471830 said:
any evidence?

yes, he went to an innocent kid for no valid reason other than he's overhyped and has a history of calling 911 moreso than any other watch guard.

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
iceberg;4471836 said:
yes, he went to an innocent kid for no valid reason other than he's overhyped and has a history of calling 911 moreso than any other watch guard.

that is not going to get a conviction

Noryb

Reaction score
I saw this on the MSNBC: this child waited in the Morgue on a slab for THREE DAYS! before his parents were notified. Trayvon had a cell phone – no one even attempted to call the last number on his phone during that time. Trayvon's parents had filed a missing persons report when he went missing, and it took police THREE DAYS to notify them their son was dead.

Edit: They also tested him for drugs. Fine police work!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/46805736#46806299

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Eric_Boyer;4471830 said:
any evidence?

Umm. The story says he went to the store and was walking home (with candy in hand) when this dude started following him. Zimmerman didn't say the kid was doing anything, he only said he was suspicious.

So, yeah. There is evidence that he was innocent.

EGTuna

Reaction score
gmoney112;4471659 said:
Haha this is dumb. And people are actually arguing in defense of this guy? The world is full of derp apparently.

Exactly. I've yet to read one single article, column, account, etc., that would justify the shooting of the kid.