Neighborhood watch captain kills black teen - doesn't get arrested

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
G
Romo_To_Dez;4470910 said:
Yeah concerning to know that all a person might have to do to get away with murder is claim Self Defense. I thought that the burden was suppose to be on the killer to prove Self Defense and not the other way around.

In America you do not prove innocence, you have it backwards

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
Hoofbite;4470955 said:
Come on, this is just borderline BS and you know it.

He chased the kid down and according to the girlfriend he basically started interrogating him.

You're asking for something that nobody can even realistically provide and really it doesn't matter.

If you instill fear into someone and they run off, following them will ALWAYS be taken as a sign of aggression by the fleeing party. That in itself is provoking enough to expect someone to defend themselves from your advances and questioning.

The guy clearly was the catalyst for whatever occurred prior to the actual shooting. Any sane person would view an unknown and unidentifiable person who is chasing them without reason as a legitimate threat.

Let's cut the BS and quit asking for specifics on how the physical altercation may have occurred when it's plain as day that the guy had zero authority to, and was directed not to, pursue the kid.

the only bs I see is coming from the other side. Zimmerman had all the authority he needed to walk down a public street keeping an eye on the kid. you ever hear of private investigators? you think they do this stuff illegally? stop with your bs and learn what rights exist

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Eric_Boyer;4471504 said:
the only bs I see is coming from the other side. Zimmerman had all the authority he needed to walk down a public street keeping an eye on the kid. you ever hear of private investigators? you think they do this stuff illegally? stop with your bs and learn what rights exist

Yep. It is total BS for the families of the victim to want the murderer of their son behind bars. How ridiculous are these people to want justice? I mean, this poor innocent 28 year old 240 pound male with a gun had every reason to stalk a kid at night, in the rain, chase him, corner him against a wall, and interrogate him about his whereabouts. It's not Zimmerman's fault that the kid felt threatened and probably tried to defend himself. I mean, a 140 pound 17 year old with a bag of skittles posed such a serious threat to Zimmerman's life that he had no choice but to kill him. The kid screaming for help probably meant he was calling for more of his hoodlum friends to come and attack Zimmerman. So Zimmerman killed him to protect the world from crazy maniacs like Trayvon. I mean, "these a**holes always get away," right?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
JonJon;4471580 said:
Yep. It is total BS for the families of the victim to want the murderer of their son behind bars. How ridiculous are these people to want justice? I mean, this poor innocent 28 year old 240 pound male with a gun had every reason to stalk a kid at night, in the rain, chase him, corner him against a wall, and interrogate him about his whereabouts. It's not Zimmerman's fault that the kid felt threatened and probably tried to defend himself. I mean, a 140 pound 17 year old with a bag of skittles posed such a serious threat to Zimmerman's life that he had no choice but to kill him. The kid screaming for help probably meant he was calling for more of his hoodlum friends to come and attack Zimmerman. So Zimmerman killed him to protect the world from crazy maniacs like Trayvon. I mean, "these a**holes always get away," right?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The family that actually lost something I understand. They have a reason to lead with emotion, they lost someone they loved.

You people don’t have the same excuse to ignore logic, reason, and the law.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Eric_Boyer;4471504 said:

aren't private investigators liscensed? reguardless are you really saying nothing Zimmerman did was wrong? he had every right to follow the kid, despite 911 saying not to, had every right to confront the kid and then had every right to shoot the UNARMED kid because he lost control of the situation?

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
Manwiththeplan;4471592 said:
aren't private investigators liscensed? reguardless are you really saying nothing Zimmerman did was wrong? he had every right to follow the kid, despite 911 saying not to, had every right to confront the kid and then had every right to shoot the UNARMED kid because he lost control of the situation?

are you asking if a person needs a license to walk on a public street watching a person?

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Eric_Boyer;4471599 said:
are you asking if a person needs a license to walk on a public street watching a person?

you used PI's as an example, not me. And PI's do more than walk on a street and watch a person and Zimmerman did as well. I'm not sure where the line is drawn and what a license grants you, but again you used them as an example, not me.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Manwiththeplan;4471606 said:
you used PI's as an example, not me. And PI's do more than walk on a street and watch a person and Zimmerman did as well. I'm not sure where the line is drawn and what a license grants you, but again you used them as an example, not me.

..Gah!

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
Manwiththeplan;4471606 said:

Yes I did. People seem to think him leaving his car and following means he broke a law. Just because the dispatch person gives advice to stay in the car does not mean you are compelled to do so. If more people didn’t cowardly hide behind the police, society would be much better off.

We can’t really get into political discussions, but a license requirement to exercise a basic right is bull****. If the state of Florida wants to charge him for acting as a PI without a license, they might have a better case then charging him with murder.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Eric_Boyer;4471588 said:
The family that actually lost something I understand. They have a reason to lead with emotion, they lost someone they loved.

You people don’t have the same excuse to ignore logic, reason, and the law.

The only one that is ignoring logic, reason, and the law around here is you.

To be acquitted of any kind of physical harm-related crime (such as assault and battery and homicide) using the self-defense justification, one must prove legal provocation, meaning that one must prove that he was in a position in which not using self-defense would most likely lead to death or serious injuries. The threat of damage or loss of property alone is not enough.

Avoidance
Being aware of and avoiding potentially dangerous situations is an emphasis of self defense. Attackers are typically larger, stronger, and are often armed or have an accomplice. These factors make fighting to defeat the attacker unlikely to succeed. In order to attack, an aggressor must have three elements in place: desire, distance, and decision. If any one of these elements can be removed, an attack can be avoided without resorting to physical self defense.[7] When avoidance is impossible, one often has a better chance at fighting to escape, such methods maybe referred to as 'break away' techniques.[8]

If Zimmerman felt the kid was dangerous, why did he follow him? Why did he chase him down, corner him, and interrogate him, when he already called for the authorities to investigate the situation and they told him not to follow the kid?

Now tell me, which is more likely to be able to claim self defense in this story: The 140 pound, weaponless kid, that has been cornered with no avenue of escape or the 240 pound, armed man, that has cornered the kid and could easily back away or run from the situation?

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
JonJon;4471628 said:
The only one that is ignoring logic, reason, and the law around here is you.

don't feed the trolls. you and I are done with a discussion.

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
one person actually thinks in this country that a person must prove their innocence :lmao:

Cythim

Benched
Reaction score
Eric_Boyer;4471625 said:
Yes I did. People seem to think him leaving his car and following means he broke a law. Just because the dispatch person gives advice to stay in the car does not mean you are compelled to do so. If more people didn’t cowardly hide behind the police, society would be much better off.

We can’t really get into political discussions, but a license requirement to exercise a basic right is bull****. If the state of Florida wants to charge him for acting as a PI without a license, they might have a better case then charging him with murder.

Zimmerman wasn't just following Treyvon, he was doing so aggressively. Zimmerman admitted to pursuing Treyvon when he ran, that constitutions criminal harassment.

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
Cythim;4471641 said:
Zimmerman wasn't just following Treyvon, he was doing so aggressively. Zimmerman admitted to pursuing Treyvon when he ran, that constitutions criminal harassment.

Treyvon did not run as far as I have read. His friend on the phone told him to, but he said he would not run away.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Cythim;4471641 said:

Come on Cythim, use your reason and logic. Stop being ignorant of the law!

:laugh2:

gmoney112

Reaction score
Haha this is dumb. And people are actually arguing in defense of this guy? The world is full of derp apparently.