Never before in NFL history

ryanbabs

Reaction score
This is the last time I'm gonna respond because you clearly don't get it. I haven't forgotten how good Romo is. I've maintained I think he's the best quarterback in the league and the MVP, but he is one man. As great as he is it's unrealistic to expect him to come back after two months off with a brutal schedule up coming to win every single game which is essentially what he'll need to do.

Not only when every game, but do so with a cast of characters that failed to win even one game out of six without him.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Just for future reference, it's "you're welcome" not "your welcome". Have a nice day. :)

Grammar police............wow, that's like 3rd grade stuff there.................only thing I can conclude...............

tumblr_ljjusyUlCI1qiy2v7o1_500.png

Staubacher

Reaction score
Don't forget that never had a team failed to win 9 out of 10 games and went to the playoffs.until Carolina last year.

Granted these are exceptional cases, but this team falls in that category IMO. Romo is that good.

Romo is great but he ain't runnning the table with our defense. They would still need some turnovers and 4th quarter stops and they are incapable of doing so.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Romo is great but he ain't runnning the table with our defense. They would still need some turnovers and 4th quarter stops and they are incapable of doing so.

Our defense will see the field less once Romo is back. It will be like last years defense again, but with more talent. And we will score more. We definitely have the potential to run the table

Staubacher

Reaction score
Our defense will see the field less once Romo is back. It will be like last years defense again, but with more talent. And we will score more. We definitely have the potential to run the table

Hey I'm not going to rain on your optimism bro.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Yeah. Like building a 1-15 team to back to back SB champions in five years, and ultimately a three time SB champion in seven years.

That is what is called a "process" that turns into "progress", Jason.

And you could see the team improving from year to year. Halfway into the 1990 season, you could see the Cowboys moving up.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm seeing a 'too little, too late' situation by the time Romo gets back on the field. But Garrett will 'rally the troops' and the 'don't stop believin' talk will kick in again, and ultimately, the team will do just enough to totally screw up draft position while the coaches manage to save their jobs under an owner more than happy to keep this exact arrangement.

In summary, just enough to have a mediocre pick in the 2016 draft.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I'm seeing a 'too little, too late' situation by the time Romo gets back on the field. But Garrett will 'rally the troops' and the 'don't stop believin' talk will kick in again, and ultimately, the team will do just enough to totally screw up draft position while the coaches manage to save their jobs under an owner more than happy to keep this exact arrangement.

It will be just our luck to get back into this race only to have Washington eliminate us in week 17.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It will be just our luck to get back into this race only to have Washington eliminate us in week 17.

They'd love nothing more than to end another failed season by knowing their one accomplishment was keeping the hated Cowboys out of the postseason.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Stash I feel where you're coming from, I really do, but it has been done even lately in the NFL. Remember when Rodgers broke his collarbone in 2013? The pack only won 2 games without him. People call McCarthy a great coach all the time and yet he was only able to win 2 games without allworld Aaron Rodgers. And one of those games was gift wrapped by us having the biggest collapse in cowboys history. They went to the playoffs that year with an 8-7-1 record. That is absolutely pathetic. But hey they still went. If we can somehow win this buccaneers game I truly believe Romo will get us into position to make the playoffs

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
And we will score more. We definitely have the potential to run the table

Serious question.

Do you think that is fair to expect that from Romo?

One, returning from injury and two, simply the idea that since he is back, he will be asked to overcompensate.

All I know is we have seen Romo react under pressure like that. Does he feel the need to press to make the big plays because we need wins so badly? Will he have "bad Tony moments" that disappeared last year?

Last season, his best season, he was as relaxed and collected as I have ever seen him.

We all have seen Romo have games just like Cassel the other night where a back-breaking pick six could be considered the black mark on an otherwise productive game.

I just don't think it is fair to expect him to return and run the table. Nor should the team feel that since he is back it changes anything other than we get better QB play.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Stash I feel where you're coming from, I really do, but it has been done even lately in the NFL. Remember when Rodgers broke his collarbone in 2013? The pack only won 2 games without him. People call McCarthy a great coach all the time and yet he was only able to win 2 games without allworld Aaron Rodgers. And one of those games was gift wrapped by us having the biggest collapse in cowboys history. They went to the playoffs that year with an 8-7-1 record. That is absolutely pathetic. But hey they still went. If we can somehow win this buccaneers game I truly believe Romo will get us into position to make the playoffs

I admire your enthusiasm, even if I can't share it. I've seen the word 'if' used way too often this season already, only to have disappointing results.

And to add insult to injury, our team doesn't just simply 'lose' or get outplayed by a clearly better team, they keep games close or lose it in heart-wrenching fashion at the very end or overtime. That just serves to make it worse.

By the way, kudos on the way your guy McFadden is playing lately. I was a huge critic while you're were a big advocate for him and you deserve credit for being right about him and I just wanted you to know that.

You were right, and I was... less right.

:laugh:

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I admire your enthusiasm, even if I can't share it. I've seen the word 'if' used way too often this season already, only to have disappointing results.

And to add insult to injury, our team doesn't just simply 'lose' or get outplayed by a clearly better team, they keep games close or lose it in heart-wrenching fashion at the very end or overtime. That just serves to make it worse.

By the way, kudos on the way your guy McFadden is playing lately. I was a huge critic while you're were a big advocate for him and you deserve credit for being right about him and I just wanted you to know that.

You were right, and I was... less right.

:laugh:

Lol I respect you for owning up to that. :laugh:
I really think he is gonna bust out even more once Romo is back. But hey man I guarantee you all the packers fans were feeling the same way you are right now. If anything it shows exactly how long the season is and how crazy stuff can turn out. Also the Panthers from last year too. At midseason I bet their fans wanted to trade everybody

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Serious question.

Do you think that is fair to expect that from Romo?

One, returning from injury and two, simply the idea that since he is back, he will be asked to overcompensate.

All I know is we have seen Romo react under pressure like that. Does he feel the need to press to make the big plays because we need wins so badly? Will he have "bad Tony moments" that disappeared last year?

Last season, his best season, he was as relaxed and collected as I have ever seen him.

We all have seen Romo have games just like Cassel the other night where a back-breaking pick six could be considered the black mark on an otherwise productive game.

I just don't think it is fair to expect him to return and run the table. Nor should the team feel that since he is back it changes anything other than we get better QB play.

You're right it's not fair to him, unfortunately that's the situation we've fell into with our terrible record. Romo has said in recent interviews that he doesn't feel the pressure he used to and he is more relaxed and is able raise his mind above all the distractions. We're going to need that from him for the next 7 games. The thing is that better qb play would have won us all of these games we lost, defense be damned.

erod

Reaction score
Because we suck that's why. Because we're a football atrocity. A disgrace to the star. An EMBARASSMENT. We find the most inexplicable ways to lose football games. We can't execute. We can't have an all around game. We can't score enough touchdowns. Can't create takeaways. We give it away too much. We are not a good football team. To subject Romo to this would be cruel and unfair to him.

Without the best two players on the team, including the quarterback, the Cowboys have lost two games in overtime, a game by one point, a game, and a game because of a kickoff return and a pick-6.

And that's against four Super Bowl winning quarterbacks and Matt Ryan.

With the best two players on the team healthy, the Cowboys would be somewhere between 6-2 and 8-0.

EVERY TEAM WOULD BE IN THE SAME SITUATION AGAINST THIS SCHEDULE WITHOUT THEIR QUARTERBACK AND BEST RECEIVER.